Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Let's Check In November 2012 Sleevers!

Hi fast forward! I just moved to Lewisville (outside of Winston) from Morganton. Good luck! I had a great friend go through Frye and had a great experience.

I had a friend go there for bypass about 5 yrs ago and she did great also, so that's good to hear. Thanks

Tomorrow Morning! Nervous as all get out. arranged for the dog sitter, cleaned the house, filled the bird feeder, ate everything in sight! I made my husband and daughter promise not to visit! My husband is going to drop me off, then come back and wait in the waiting room to talk to the surgeon. I think if I am going to be miserable, I'd rather be miserable by myself or maybe with my two little dogs, but not with anyone else. Why can't my dogs come with me?

I am so happy for the support of all of you. Thank you big time to Jessielynn who shares my surgeon and to ChrisRN and Boston George. All were sleeved on 11/5 and I've been thrilled to watch their progress. Thanks, guys.

Tomorrow Morning! Nervous as all get out. arranged for the dog sitter' date=' cleaned the house, filled the bird feeder, ate everything in sight! I made my husband and daughter promise not to visit! My husband is going to drop me off, then come back and wait in the waiting room to talk to the surgeon. I think if I am going to be miserable, I'd rather be miserable by myself or maybe with my two little dogs, but not with anyone else. Why can't my dogs come with me?

I am so happy for the support of all of you. Thank you big time to Jessielynn who shares my surgeon and to ChrisRN and Boston George. All were sleeved on 11/5 and I've been thrilled to watch their progress. Thanks, guys.

[/quote']

you are going to do fine! Remember how nervous I was? It was my first surgery and I was a wreck ! I am the biggest baby when it comes to medical procedures. I promise you it's not bad at all. The waiting is the hardest part. Once your prepped they give you versed (part of Valium family) at that point they could bring a chainsaw out and you won't care. The next thing you know your in recovery. It feel like 2 seconds. After you wake up you have some gas, it's a little uncomfortable but not pain. You have a pain pump anyway. Remember, they do so many of theses surgeries its routine now. You will do great! Keep us posted

Hey everyone. I am new here. I am getting sleeved on November 28 in Jacksonville FL. I started the process at the end of may. I'm currently starting my pre-op diet tomorrow which seems to be a bit different than most I've read about (high Protein, non starchy veggies and no carbs etc then liquids 24 hrs before)

Anyone else close that could be my 'sleeve buddy'

Starting to get nervous over here! My day is Wednesday. Getting all my ducks in a row, got my Protein powders today as well as a few bottles of Isopure. I'm going shopping for a few last things tomorrow- lots of broth, a few caned Soups, greek yogurt. Stocked up on a ton of SF pudding and Jello. Have a few SF syrups also. Anything else you would suggest? Ahh a little jittery here! Just want to make sure I have everything!

Starting to get nervous over here! My day is Wednesday. Getting all my ducks in a row' date=' got my Protein powders today as well as a few bottles of Isopure. I'm going shopping for a few last things tomorrow- lots of broth, a few caned Soups, greek yogurt. Stocked up on a ton of SF pudding and Jello. Have a few SF syrups also. Anything else you would suggest? Ahh a little jittery here! Just want to make sure I have everything![/quote']

sugar free Popsicles and low sodium v-8 juice....lifesavers for me

sugar free Popsicles and low sodium v-8 juice....lifesavers for me

Thank you! I knew I wanted to get SF pops, almost forgot them! Hope I have everything I need, I have a fear of forgetting something. I'm a bit OCD lol. Now to chill out and try to relax in these last 2 days!

Hey everyone,

My Doc let me go home today. he can't say I am 100% in the clear but I am tolerating a Stage 2 full liquid diet without any nausea or vomiting . He wants to take a conservative wait and see approach which I am glad about. So keep praying for me that my sleeve heals and functions the way it is supposed to despite it's odd shape:)

Hey everyone' date='

My Doc let me go home today. he can't say I am 100% in the clear but I am tolerating a Stage 2 full liquid diet without any nausea or vomiting . He wants to take a conservative wait and see approach which I am glad about. So keep praying for me that my sleeve heals and functions the way it is supposed to despite it's odd shape:)[/quote']

Good luck! Things will go better from here on out!

Hello everyone ..my name is Fay... New and not so new here... Been following the forum for two weeks now and figures I should introduce my self... I started d program in may and am scheduled for this Friday the 16th ... Am getting nervous by the minute...there is no liquid pre op diet for my program although am going to put my self on one ..am so ready to welcome a new me and am glad this group exists cos you guys have all answered my questions in one way or another... Congrats Boston George am glad ur doing fine .

I'm Kat and had my sleeve gastrectomy on November 7th. I had a lap band in December 2006. I loved my lap band but in 2010 I got the stomach flu and have had problems ever since. After gaining weight back and waiting almost two years, my surgeon decided to remove the lap band and do the gastrectomy. I must admit, I was a bit nervous about the rsk of leaking. But today I am only 4 days post op and I feel great. I am following the instructions of my surgeon to a T. Rest, hydrate, follow the liquid diet and no lifting for 7 to 10 days. I have very little pain and for the first time in my life I have no desire to eat! I hope this feeling lasts forever! Keep a positive attitude and drnk lots of fluids. I look forward to hearing about everyone's journey!

My surgery is scheduled to start in 13 hours! I can't believe it! I'm super nervous and can't believe it's actually going to happen. I love my surgeon.... Dr. Schneider at BIDMC in Boston. Wish me luck!!! And everyone scheduled this week.... I can't wait to read about everyone's SUPER COMFORTABLE recovery!

Good luck to everyone getting sleeved this week! I am hoping you all have wonderful recoveries!

Good Luck to everyone getting sleeved this week. I have one week to go...so much to do before that but getting nervous but mainly excitrf