Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Let's Check In November 2012 Sleevers!

Tomorrow Morning! Nervous as all get out. arranged for the dog sitter, cleaned the house, filled the bird feeder, ate everything in sight! I made my husband and daughter promise not to visit! My husband is going to drop me off, then come back and wait in the waiting room to talk to the surgeon. I think if I am going to be miserable, I'd rather be miserable by myself or maybe with my two little dogs, but not with anyone else. Why can't my dogs come with me?

I am so happy for the support of all of you. Thank you big time to Jessielynn who shares my surgeon and to ChrisRN and Boston George. All were sleeved on 11/5 and I've been thrilled to watch their progress. Thanks, guys.

I am thinking I don't want anyone there either. I was very glad someone else was feeling the same thing. I would rather have my cat with me. Or dog, if I had one!

Glad you feel so ready. I am anxious to hear and I hope only for success. Please keep us posted.

Ainslee

Hey everyone,

My Doc let me go home today. he can't say I am 100% in the clear but I am tolerating a Stage 2 full liquid diet without any nausea or vomiting . He wants to take a conservative wait and see approach which I am glad about. So keep praying for me that my sleeve heals and functions the way it is supposed to despite it's odd shape:)

YEAH!! Congratulations. That is such GREAT news. I am happy for you and hoping for the good news that no further surgery is needed. Good luck.

Ainslee

Wow! I'm trying to catch up with all the posts here and so many have been sleeved last week or coming up this week! Awesome!

Where are all the in depth reports/essays.... you know, like every detail from the moment you left home until today!! I know I love reading every little detail -- for some reason it really helps ease the anxiety... and it also helps to learn from everyone else's experiences....

My 3rd and final visit with my Nutritionist and NP is Wednesday so I'm hoping I get my date soon....the last week in November would be awesome!

Good luck to everyone who's up this week!! Can't wait to hear all the details.

Good thoughts to all,

Dana

Hey everyone. I am new here. I am getting sleeved on November 28 in Jacksonville FL. I started the process at the end of may. I'm currently starting my pre-op diet tomorrow which seems to be a bit different than most I've read about (high protein' date=' non starchy veggies and no carbs etc then liquids 24 hrs before)

Anyone else close that could be my 'sleeve buddy'[/quote']

I am scheduled for the same day. However, not scheduled to start my diet for a week. I am excited and nervous at the same time, but I want this. I'm ready to be healthy!

I am scheduled for the same day. However' date=' not scheduled to start my diet for a week. I am excited and nervous at the same time, but I want this. I'm ready to be healthy![/quote']

Yay good luck are you on an all liquid diet?

Wow! I'm trying to catch up with all the posts here and so many have been sleeved last week or coming up this week! Awesome!

Where are all the in depth reports/essays.... you know' date=' like every detail from the moment you left home until today!! I know I love reading every little detail -- for some reason it really helps ease the anxiety... and it also helps to learn from everyone else's experiences....

My 3rd and final visit with my Nutritionist and NP is Wednesday so I'm hoping I get my date soon....the last week in November would be awesome!

Good luck to everyone who's up this week!! Can't wait to hear all the details.

Good thoughts to all,

Dana[/quote']

Go to you tube ......watch ....Sunkiss 718 videos .... She helped me a lot

I was sleeved on the 8th. Doing great! Not one bit hungry. Walking all around the house.

Hi All. I'm Kris and scheduled for this Thursday November 15 for the Vertical Sleeve. I have a big problem that is likely to postpone my surgery. I have hives from my chest to my knees. It started about a month ago about the time I was trying all of the liquid Protein Drinks in prep for my 2 week pre-op diet. I was able to see an Allergist who tested for cassein and whey which were negative. He smirkly told me that I had Dry Skin and should apply any kind of moisturizer. When I saw my surgeon, my skin was fairly calm. However, in the past week, my whole body is one big itch. Being on the high Protein liquid diet limits what I can eat, and I don't know which ingredient may be causing the problem. perhaps soy??? I have a referral to Dermatology which may take a month to get my appointment. I've been in touch with the surgeon and will see her tomorrow. I just can't picture them cutting into a splotchy rashy belly, nor can I picture trying to heal with hives over the incisions.

So, after 6 months of preparing - I've lost 26 pounds - and planning and rescheduling to get ready for Thursday, I do not know what will happen. If I reschedule, it will not be in December.

My mind is spinning, from Benadryl and from the thought of not having the surgery this week. Everything was ready to go. All of my obligations were rearranged. The freezer is stocked.

Kris

from Virginia

Hi All. I'm Kris and scheduled for this Thursday November 15 for the Vertical Sleeve. I have a big problem that is likely to postpone my surgery. I have hives from my chest to my knees. It started about a month ago about the time I was trying all of the Liquid Protein drinks in prep for my 2 week pre-op diet. I was able to see an Allergist who tested for cassein and whey which were negative. He smirkly told me that I had Dry Skin and should apply any kind of moisturizer. When I saw my surgeon' date=' my skin was fairly calm. However, in the past week, my whole body is one big itch. Being on the high Protein liquid diet limits what I can eat, and I don't know which ingredient may be causing the problem. perhaps soy??? I have a referral to Dermatology which may take a month to get my appointment. I've been in touch with the surgeon and will see her tomorrow. I just can't picture them cutting into a splotchy rashy belly, nor can I picture trying to heal with hives over the incisions.

So, after 6 months of preparing - I've lost 26 pounds - and planning and rescheduling to get ready for Thursday, I do not know what will happen. If I reschedule, it will not be in December.

My mind is spinning, from Benadryl and from the thought of not having the surgery this week. Everything was ready to go. All of my obligations were rearranged. The freezer is stocked.

Kris

from Virginia[/quote']

I'm so sorry for all that you are going through. I hope everything turns out well for you.

Yay good luck are you on an all liquid diet?

Yes. I'm wondering how that will work.

So sorry Kris...I'm from Virginia too. I really hope you get those hives under control.....keep us posted

Tomorrow is my day!! Not feeling so nervous now, just wanna get this show on the road!!!

My surgery got bumped up a day! Thursday with Dr. Lopez...getting nervous!