Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Let's Check In November 2012 Sleevers!

Hi there! I'm 37 (38 in Dec)' date=' mom of two (son 16, daughter 11), and a lifelong Pacific NWer. Started my journey at 5'9" and 333 pounds in June. The day of surgery, I was 290. Had my surgery on the 1st, and I'm down 10 pounds. Happy! I'm missing the taste of real food SO BADLY after almost 3 weeks of liquids and 3 more to go, but...the good news...I'm not hungry. It's all mental. At this point, my dream meal is a big, leafy salad!!! Wishing everyone the best!!![/quote']

Congrats! It is a mind game most of them time. You can do it!!!

Hey November Sleevers, I will not be your sister in fat loss but I will be your cousin LOL! I had to push back my 11/12/12 surgey date but no worries I will have sisters & brothers in DECEMBER (surgery on 12/10)! :)

Hope all is well with everyone.

Hi all! I had my sleeve done on the 7th and got back home today. It feels great to be home! I'm finding it very weird / difficult not knowing my body. I'm afraid to eat too much and get sick. So far all has gone well but it is definitely an adjustment. No regrets at all just wanted to be honest about how I was feeling.

Got my sleeve on Tuesday. Had 2 days of really bad nausea...vomited about every hour. My awesome nurses stayed right on top of it and tried lots of different drugs. They hit the right combo and everything was great. Just home from the hospital' date=' minimal pain and no nausea. Sitting here sipping my Water. When I get my 12 ounce bottle down, I will try a Protein Drink. Thanks for all the prayers, I know they made a big difference.

Anyone heard from George?

I'll continue to pray for all my nov sleeve brothers and sisters! I have no regrets![/quote']

I emailed him and heard from him on the 6th, but haven't seen anything from him since. I hope all is well!

Hello everyone!

I just joined this November club today.

I'll try to keep it short. :P

I'm 32 married we have one child a son and of coarse the family dog! We live just outside St Louis Missouri.

I did the Atkins thing lost 70lbs then I got pregers and the weight just creeped back on and now plus some! :o

I have been on a roller coaster ride this week. Found out I was covered by insurance Monday then waited till Wednesday to get surgery date. Fought with HR today getting everything squared away for my 12/5/12 surgery date only to get my date moved to 11/30/12. :wacko:

It's great for me but then I had to call HR back to straighten everything out. Oh well at least I work from home. :rolleyes:

So Hello! :)

BTW I see that some of you had your surgery this week. How did it go?

I am glad to hear that everyone that has been sleeved so far is doing so well. I have 20 days left til my turn. I seem to be eating everything in sight! We are having thanksgiving dinner this Monday. I am starting to get very anxious. I hope George checks in soon. He was so afraid to have surgery.

Hello Everyone!

So excited to see fellow surgery buddies. My name is Kelly. I'm married to an amazing man and have a four year old son and three bonus kids. I just turned 39 two weeks ago. I found out from my surgeon last week that I was approved and started on my liquid diet.

I've alway been a chubby kid. I was on phen/fen when I was in middle school and did ok until college and gained the weight back with a vengeance. I had a Lapband placed in 2003 and was very successful with it until it slipped after the birth of my son. The Lapband was removed at the first of this year and that surgeon would not do a revision. So, again, I started WW and lost a whole 15 pounds despite following it diligently and training for a half marathon.

So, here I am scheduled for the 13th. I am getting wishy washy, nervous, and excited. Not feeling very prepared for life after sleeve but I am trying to learn about the diet in the first few weeks. Good luck to all and I look forward to success for us all.

Bright blessings.

Hello Everyone!

So excited to see fellow surgery buddies. My name is Kelly. I'm married to an amazing man and have a four year old son and three bonus kids. I just turned 39 two weeks ago. I found out from my surgeon last week that I was approved and started on my liquid diet.< /p>

I've alway been a chubby kid. I was on phen/fen when I was in middle school and did ok until college and gained the weight back with a vengeance. I had a Lapband placed in 2003 and was very successful with it until it slipped after the birth of my son. The Lapband was removed at the first of this year and that surgeon would not do a revision. So' date=' again, I started WW and lost a whole 15 pounds despite following it diligently and training for a half marathon.

So, here I am scheduled for the 13th. I am getting wishy washy, nervous, and excited. Not feeling very prepared for life after sleeve but I am trying to learn about the diet in the first few weeks. Good luck to all and I look forward to success for us all.

Bright blessings.[/quote']

Hi Kelly! Welcome to a great group of November sleevers. I am also trying to learn about all of the dietary changes coming at us. It seems overwhelming at times, but I try and remind myself that it WILL be worth it!

Hi all! I had my sleeve done on the 7th and got back home today. It feels great to be home! I'm finding it very weird / difficult not knowing my body. I'm afraid to eat too much and get sick. So far all has gone well but it is definitely an adjustment. No regrets at all just wanted to be honest about how I was feeling.

I feel the exact same way. It's like I don't know my body anymore. I look forward to getting in sync with it again. I've already been losing weight which is great and i have no regrets, it's just a weird feeling.

My name is Kris and my surgery is scheduled for November 15th. I'm on my 9th day of the bariatric diet.

I'm 54, live in Northern Virginia, have a husband of 20 years, a 16 year old son and 15 year old daughter.

Surgery will be at a military facility.

I started my bariatric journey on May 22 at 204 pounds (high of 212) and have lost 23 pounds so far. I had planned all along for the Gastric Band, but during the past month

or so after meetings with my surgeon and support group, have switched to the gastric sleeve. I'm nervous and concerned more about my family and Thanksgiving than about

me. I need to keep my anxietly level under control so have planned a bunch of events and deadlines to keep me occupied for the next week.

That's my nutshell story. I wish us all success!

Hello everyone!

I just joined this November club today.

I'll try to keep it short. :P

I'm 32 married we have one child a son and of coarse the family dog! We live just outside St Louis Missouri.

I did the Atkins thing lost 70lbs then I got pregers and the weight just creeped back on and now plus some! :o

I have been on a roller coaster ride this week. Found out I was covered by insurance Monday then waited till Wednesday to get surgery date. Fought with HR today getting everything squared away for my 12/5/12 surgery date only to get my date moved to 11/30/12. :wacko:

It's great for me but then I had to call HR back to straighten everything out. Oh well at least I work from home. :rolleyes:

So Hello! :)

BTW I see that some of you had your surgery this week. How did it go?

Hello Kate27 and welcome... we are sleevetwins! Good luck

Got my sleeve on Tuesday. Had 2 days of really bad nausea...vomited about every hour. My awesome nurses stayed right on top of it and tried lots of different drugs. They hit the right combo and everything was great. Just home from the hospital, minimal pain and no nausea. Sitting here sipping my Water. When I get my 12 ounce bottle down, I will try a Protein drink. Thanks for all the prayers, I know they made a big difference.

Anyone heard from George?

I'll continue to pray for all my nov sleeve brothers and sisters! I have no regrets!

Congratulations! Glad you are feeling better and made it past the 2 days nausea. Any idea what the magic combination of drugs consisted of?

Thanks. Yes my drug combo was Ragland, plus zofran -- both by IV -- and then a pheneegren suppository. The relief was so fabulous. Good luck to you!

Hello November sleevers!! as some of you know I was sleeved Monday. was released Thursday!y. The surgery was textbook. I woke in recovery in some pain, more discomfort than anything else. Very sore. They gave me some diludid. I woke up in my room that night with vicious dry mouth. Every time I tried to move it was so uncomfortable. For a brief moment laying in my bed a couple hours after surgery I asked "why did I do this" Then a wonderful nurse realized I was uncomfortable. She got me a cold sponge lolly pop to use on my lips and tongue. That, mixed with painkillers I received I began to change my tune :-) I woke up the day after surgery feeling better. Went for the leak test and passed. I was so happy bout that. Then they removed my catheter (guys worst nightmare) After said catheter was removed life got a whole lot better. Because I passed my leak test I was able to have Water and diet juice or Decaf coffee and tea. Even ate some yogurt. I was feeling much better at this point. Still sore of course, I mean I just had major surgery. I tried to fight the pain meds and that was my biggest mistake. I don't want everyone to think I was in excruciating pain, it was more discomfort from the gas pains and Soreness from the incision sites and external drain. Side note : Dr Kim is a brilliant surgeon. I honestly believe she is at the top of her field . My incisions sites look like tiny scratches, they are so clean and are healing incredibly. I want to take another minute to acknowledge her personality and her bedside manner. She made time to see me personally 4 times after surgery. With her hectic schedule that meant alot. She explained my leak test In detail to me and my mom. She explained that when I woke up it wouldnt be pain so much as a pressure in your chest. Boy was she right! So after Getting some fluids in I started to feel much better. I went for a few walks with a physical therapist that actually made me feel better, to be up and moving. They bring an assortment of bariatric fluids to your room 3 times a day, to see which one you can tolerate. Plain yogurt never tasted so good! The I had my drain taking out after realizing I was healing properly. I was able to take a shower and all was well ;-) Thank you all for asking about me..I just saw some of your posts and felt I had to let you know..It means alot to know people Ive nenver met care about my well being..I thank you all again, and hope to talk with you all often..

ok. Surgery is Monday. Handholders get ready!!! I am nervous. I've been closely watching Chris RN and JessieLynn who were sleeved on 11/5. Happy that they are doing ok. Just talked to my nurse who is short like me. She is so supportive. My BMI is 46 and I wear a size 16w. Being the crybaby that I am that doesn't seem fair! Oh well, I guess that will be history soon.