Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Let's Check In November 2012 Sleevers!

Surgery went well, pain was bad in recovery but was quickly under control. The rest has been a breeze really, no nausea, not too much belly pain. Most of the pain is referred pain in my left shoulder from the CO2 they fill the thorax during surgery. Other than that it been a good day. Tomorrow morning I have a upper GI to rule put any leaking and then I get to start my phase 2 diet. Thanks for all the thoughts and good vibes sent this way everyone, makes me feel great to know so many people are thinking about me. Excited to start the next phase of my life. If anyone has questions about my day just ask. Thank you again!

Congratulations Chris!!!

Hello, my name is Guy, but everyone calls me Bear.now there is a clue about my lifelong struggle with my weight. I am 49 years old and I live in Breaux Bridge, Louisiana. My surgery is Nov 20, 2012. I have been jumping through hoop for a year to have this surgery, and right when I am scheduled to have it... BAM.. My partner decides to leave. Ha! I am the only person that starts off surgery with an instant 350 pound weight loss. Buddies and support is what I need. Let's all get heathy and wiser together. Peace!

Hi Guy! I am fellow Louisianian -- in New Orleans (Mandeville). I am waiting for my surgery date.. Aetna required a 3 month pre-op nutritional program and my final visit is next week. I am hoping for a date in November.

I'm glad to have another Louisiana buddy. There is also a Louisiana Sleevers group....

~Dana

Hey George! How did it go? Hope you are doing well!

Dear November 5th sleevers,

You got this! We are all praying for you all over the country to have a great surgery and recovery. Remember, "decide you want it more than you are afraid of it".

Lots of love

OK, I am adopting that quote if you don't mind Kezia. When I first decided to do this I was very calm. I considered the risks -- complications, death, etc.... I explained to someone that I understood the risks and I was willing to take them for the chance to be happy and do the things that I've always wanted to do but was either too self conscious about being fat or just too damn fat to do. I'm 49 and want the chance to finally be truly happy and active.

I've decided that I want/need it more than I am afraid of it!!

Congrats Chris! I am glad to hear that everything is going well. To make everyone feel more at ease about the PACU (post anesthesia recovery room)' date=' as a nurse I can tell you that they have seen and handled it all! The nurses who work in PACUs expect a high amount of patients to wake up crazy emotional/angry/nauseous/in pain and they will use every medication they have on board to make us comfortable! I woke from my first surgical experience (when I had my gallbladder removed) hysterically crying and so embarrassed because ugh! I work with the people I was acting insane in front of. However, they helped me collect myself and never acted unprofessional :) don't worry about the recovery room, focus on recovery!!![/quote']

I felt the first nurse in the PACU wasn't in tune with what patients are going through. She gave me 0.4mg of dilaudid for my 10/10 pain. I'm am a big guy, this was like peeing in the wind, forgive me but it was. I am a nurse also and I recover open heart patients, so I felt I know somewhat of what a PACU nurse does, I felt she wasn't handling my pain with what she had to use. She had fentanyl, toradol, and dilaudid ordered. I'm not saying everybody would go through what I did, I'm just saying that this is what I went though.

Congrats Chris! I am glad to hear that everything is going well. To make everyone feel more at ease about the PACU (post anesthesia recovery room)' date=' as a nurse I can tell you that they have seen and handled it all! The nurses who work in PACUs expect a high amount of patients to wake up crazy emotional/angry/nauseous/in pain and they will use every medication they have on board to make us comfortable! I woke from my first surgical experience (when I had my gallbladder removed) hysterically crying and so embarrassed because ugh! I work with the people I was acting insane in front of. However, they helped me collect myself and never acted unprofessional :) don't worry about the recovery room, focus on recovery!!![/quote']

Thanks Nursemeg! I guess I'm a little nervous!

OK' date=' I am adopting that quote if you don't mind Kezia. When I first decided to do this I was very calm. I considered the risks -- complications, death, etc.... I explained to someone that I understood the risks and I was willing to take them for the chance to be happy and do the things that I've always wanted to do but was either too self conscious about being fat or just too damn fat to do. I'm 49 and want the chance to finally be truly happy and active.

I've decided that I want/need it more than I am afraid of it!![/quote']

Dana, use that quote as much as you want!! It is perfect for all of us. I haven't met one peerson on here that isn't excited and scared ( including me!) I am so glad I found this site and all of the wonderful people that know what it is like to be morbidly obese and don't think I'm crazy for choosing bariatric surgery!

Just got my date.. November 27th!!! Yipee!! Can't wait!!

We are sleeve sisters... I am nov 27 too :)

After having lived pn one meal a day and two pprotien shakes for six months. I was placed on a new diet by the new doctor's dietician for two weeks before my preopt classes. I was given five four fruits and two starches and two yogurts daily. I protested, saying that was too much food. I was assured there would be no problem. I gained six pounds in three weeks. Now, I am told I have to lose the six pounds in one week are the doctor may postpone my surgery. I hope the two week preop diet with just meat, milk and raw leafy veggies will work. Wish me luck!

After having lived pn one meal a day and two pprotien shakes for six months. I was placed on a new diet by the new doctor's dietician for two weeks before my preopt classes. I was given five four fruits and two starches and two yogurts daily. I protested' date=' saying that was too much food. I was assured there would be no problem. I gained six pounds in three weeks. Now, I am told I have to lose the six pounds in one week are the doctor may postpone my surgery. I hope the two week preop diet with just meat, milk and raw leafy veggies will work. Wish me luck![/quote']

oh my ! this is bad form. hope you loose it . x

After having lived pn one meal a day and two pprotien shakes for six months. I was placed on a new diet by the new doctor's dietician for two weeks before my preopt classes. I was given five four fruits and two starches and two yogurts daily. I protested' date=' saying that was too much food. I was assured there would be no problem. I gained six pounds in three weeks. Now, I am told I have to lose the six pounds in one week are the doctor may postpone my surgery. I hope the two week preop diet with just meat, milk and raw leafy veggies will work. Wish me luck![/quote']

You can do it!! Exercise every day and drink lots,of Water.< /p>

Hi all! My name is Diane and I am scheduled for the sleeve on 11/15. I am in the midst of my 2 week pre-op diet, and am doing great! I am down about 8 lbs just this week! My final pre-op appointment is today. I am still in disbelief that this is going to happen, as I have been researching and considering this surgery for 3 years.

I have a 3yo son and he is my motivation. I can't wait to once again enjoy my life. I have been battling with weight since I was in my teens, and it's time to do something drastic to change my life. I really appreciate all of the support I get from this site and look forward to a long 'relationship' with all of you fellow sleevers!!

Hi all! My name is Diane and I am scheduled for the sleeve on 11/15. I am in the midst of my 2 week pre-op diet' date=' and am doing great! I am down about 8 lbs just this week! My final pre-op appointment is today. I am still in disbelief that this is going to happen, as I have been researching and considering this surgery for 3 years.

I have a 3yo son and he is my motivation. I can't wait to once again enjoy my life. I have been battling with weight since I was in my teens, and it's time to do something drastic to change my life. I really appreciate all of the support I get from this site and look forward to a long 'relationship' with all of you fellow sleevers!![/quote']

I felt the exact same as you, I still can't believe it has happened. I waited almost a year before actually deciding to have mine. I have been over weight all my life and my heaviest in the last 3 years or so getting up to around 330lbs, I lost around 60 pounds before my surgery. ( made my surgeon happy) and I'm getting discharged from the hospital today. It has seemed to have been a long journey getting here, and I am too looking forward to the future. I also have a 3 year old that was a big motivator for the per op weight loss. Just looking back to photos from a year ago I can't believe I let myself get that big. Best wishes in your journey. If you have any questions or advice please let us know. Welcome.

Hey guys just wanted to check in :) surgery yesterday at 1pm. Just did my leak test and I finally got some crystal light and chicken broth. I'm stuffed how are we supposed to get all these fluids in???? I burp after every sip. The incisions are barely visible they sealed them with glue which is cool!!! I am exhausted though but walked two laps so far:) I feel 100x better than yesterday! !! Thanks everyone and good luck to all you sleeveers coming up soon :)

Sent from my Samsung Admire using VST