Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August Sleevers?! Where Ya's At?

I been drinking Premier Protein shakes here and there mostly for Breakfast today I could not stand the taste could not drink it I haven't even started preop yet freaking out how will I get through this

Had my first day of full liquids today and I'm doing better than I thought I would. I'm guessing day 3&4 will be the toughest. I just kept reminding myself today that SOMEDAY I will get to eat regular food again. This is only temporary, we can do it.

I'm day 8 of 21 of pre-op.. I must say that it has gotten better. I don't like the shakes but I manage. The headaches are gone. I'm not as irritable or fatigue. I have a purpose and I know I will make it. So anyone pre-op there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

I been drinking Premier Protein shakes here and there mostly for breakfast today I could not stand the taste could not drink it I haven't even started preop yet freaking out how will I get through this

I don't really like any of the RTD shakes. I like the Protein powders because I can doctor them up with Torani syrups and PB2. You might give some of those a try. If you check the food & Nutrition section, there's a stickied thread that has a bunch of websites where you can buy samples of a variety of brands. But I've read here a lot that peoples' taste change so don't buy a bunch of any one brand.

Have fun and good luck!

Mom-24 I sent you an invite on myfitnesspal.com. If anyone would like to friend me on myfitnesspal.com, my username is minniemouse67. :)

I just sent you a friend request on myfitnesspal too. :)

I'm day 8 of 21 of pre-op.. I must say that it has gotten better. I don't like the shakes but I manage. The headaches are gone. I'm not as irritable or fatigue. I have a purpose and I know I will make it. So anyone pre-op there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

THANK YOU for the encouragement!! I seriously needed to hear that today!

Hey all. I started the preop diet today. So far so good. No headaches....no shiznits. :) I gave myself a schedule...every 2 hours. I strayed away a little and forgot my 415, that turned into 530 but whatever :) I feel great for not eating all day. And, you know what I realized? Since i started the pre-preop diet (meal replacement) I havent had the normal side pain that I always have. 1 day down, 15 to go

Great Job,

I am on day 7 of my 30 day preop....a few things I have figured out works for me, I keep a drink or several around me of different kinds all day long... I have 3 Protein Drinks at meal times, a pre-made one in the morning, then I usually make one for lunch....then add some Protein in what ever Soup or broth I am making...I have found if I don't let my self get major hungry growling pains then I can manage it and feel good.

Along with the protein drinks I have a cup of like crystal light, or Gatorade or v-8 juice. Seems a warm broth or tea helps to when feeling hungry.

I also got the koshi miso paste, its the broth like Japanese soup thats given at some Japanese Restaurants. Got the paste at a oriental store. that helps cause chicken and beef get so boring. Also have made a sweet and sour soup broth. From Water, terriyaki sauce and vinegar and some chili peppers. I believe its all about finding what works and you can live with with out breaking the diet and trying to have some what a variety. Also been making my Popsicle from like the crystal lite. that way I have the crunch and feel like I am actually eating to at times. Jello if I can keep it made up and others dont eat it. I found in beginning I was only getting in about 800 calories and felt starving all the time, now I keep it around 900 to 1000 an that helps a lot. Yes use the myfitnesspal religiously and that helps me really see what I am doing. mczoo33 is my name on there if you want to add also.

Its getting close for so many of us...hang in there we all can do this

I'm SlenderellasAdventure on MFP. I just started using it, so hang in there with me while I learn my way around.

I started my preop diet today voluntarily. I'm a month away from my surgery date. I had a chile coffee Protein Drink for breakfast, lunch a chile chocolate bliss sandwich and boiled egg, another boiled egg at about 3, and a grilled chicken from dairy queen for supper. Right under 900 calories and no gluten. Can I do it again tomorrow? We shall see!

I had a great visit with my surgeon today and am tentatively (still) either the 22nd or 23rd. My preop is Atkins two weeks so I'll start it right after I get back from disney land. I get the definitive schedule if it turns out I'm not a nut case....psyc exam (who has had those and what is entailed? Mine is on the 1st). I am going to have 15 house guests the week prior to psyc so I'll either be ultra relaxed cuz they left....or hung over cuz we had too much fun :P.

The doc said that my goal of 110 was good but I'd have to work on those last ten to fifteen lbs. he also warned me that I would lose some weight in my face which might make me look older.........ummm I then left the building and decided I like fat :P. actually I said that's why god makes Botox lol. He asked me if I would participate in a cancer study for Hutchinson cancer center which means a few more blood draws and a little free Lipo :) I told him they can take all the fat they need....I may not even need the sleeve if they can siphon my butt.....

Ummmm I digress :P. they did my EKG and labs and said I'm a nice healthy fat person :).

Soon I'll be a nice healthy skinny person! Woo goo

I had a great visit with my surgeon today and am tentatively (still) either the 22nd or 23rd. My preop is Atkins two weeks so I'll start it right after I get back from disney land. I get the definitive schedule if it turns out I'm not a nut case....psyc exam (who has had those and what is entailed? Mine is on the 1st). I am going to have 15 house guests the week prior to psyc so I'll either be ultra relaxed cuz they left....or hung over cuz we had too much fun :P.

The doc said that my goal of 110 was good but I'd have to work on those last ten to fifteen lbs. he also warned me that I would lose some weight in my face which might make me look older.........ummm I then left the building and decided I like fat :P. actually I said that's why god makes Botox lol. He asked me if I would participate in a cancer study for Hutchinson cancer center which means a few more blood draws and a little free Lipo :) I told him they can take all the fat they need....I may not even need the sleeve if they can siphon my butt.....

Ummmm I digress :P. they did my EKG and labs and said I'm a nice healthy fat person :).

Soon I'll be a nice healthy skinny person! Woo goo

iggychic, I laughed when I read your post! I had my psyc exam the other day and passed so I'm sure you have nothing to worry about. lol

The exam was easy. The doctor seemed to want to make sure I had a good support system and no eating disorders. She asked a bunch of questions and sent me on my way. I

Glad to hear your healthy and on your way to having surgery. Hope you're scheduled for the 22nd like me! :)

Well my fellow Aug sleevers today was my preop appointment. My doctor was happy with the weight I have lost so far. I'm so ready for august 1st.

Qotd-it's funny when my surgeon asked me this question I just stared at him with my mouth open. I'm having such a hard time wrapping my head around possibility of not being morbidly obese! First goal' date=' get RID of that word MORBID from my diagnosis. I remember the first time I saw that in my chart. I felt sick!

Anywho, I am 29. I weigh 255. Started this process around 263. Last time I was below 200 I was 17. I remember weighing 175 and feeling good about myself. So I know it's on the higher side, but for now that's my goal. Will readjust as necessary.

Anyone else having a hard time wrapping their head around all of this, and the fact that we ARE going to Lose weight??

I'm so grateful for this site and all of you!![/quote']

I'm with you.... I'm so excited but hard to imagine me being skinny!!! My surgery is Aug 6. I currently weight about 288, 6'0". My first goal is 180. Second goal 165.

Just wanted to say.....i love you!!! i love you all!!! I was planning on going to bed around 10 but started surfing the net (do people still say that??) and dreaming of all the cute outfits. I'm locked in here for the night so i wont go in the kitchen.

My boss got chicfila for dinner and came home (i do home care) and said Jenn do you want a nugget...i gave her a dirty look and she said omg im so sorry! i laughed and said thats ok....your lucky the mood swings haven't hit me yet!!! lol

so far so good....16 days seems like an eternity but as I always say...one day at a time.

with that being said....I'm so proud of you all! Seems like a lot of us started today or have already started. we're all in this together! so, LETS DO THIS!!!!!

Cheers!!!! (go on, drink your Protein drink !!! lol)

Goodnight my sleevies! :wub:

Oooh I wonder if they sell that in Canada??? Which store did you get it at?

In the states you can buy it at some health food stores or Hy-Vee grocery stores without having to order it online and pay shipping.