Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August Sleevers?! Where Ya's At?

I have never heard of them before. Just a question here, please I am not trying to be rude, just trying to be informed. Are these seeds cleared for the liquid diet? I have no problems with satiety right now but may look into the future if I have problems. But I am worried. Do these seeds cook up? do they stay seeds? How well do they empty from the stomach? What happens if we are using them, our stomachs don't get rid of all of them and some small tiny seeds get hung in the staple/cut lines. Will they cause harm?

I am using them for pre-op satiety. I would think that they would NOT be appropriate for the post-op liquid phase, and not until after everything is completely healed at 3 to 4 weeks post op. Veteran VSGers on here use them, especially for "regularity" purposes because they are almost completely Fiber. HTH.

I have some chia seeds but they are an odd texture for me. I am not usually a texture weirdo but they get stuck on my tongue and feel like little slimy balls. I am thinking maybe a few months out, I could add them to puddings but I do not like the texture in my shake. My friend is a runner and he said they add them to Water, let them swell up and drink the stuff right before they run for energy. I bought them and tried, I will try again a few months from now.

My surgeons office called...I was approved by my insurance company! Yay!!!!!!!! Now it feels real, I'm getting sleeved on the 22nd. I'm doing my happy dance! :)

Congrats minniemouse67!! :)

Hey my sister......I was out today and read this in the morning.....was in a huge hurry to get home so I could message......I am about to tip my hat and I am hoping I will not be out of place......but I know a thing or two about dreams,.....at least in that is the claim........typically a dream of death is a fear of the change you are about to undergo.....letting go of the old and becoming a new person.........it is usually the fear of the ending of something but in your case....I think it is the fear of not changing....the fear that you Re going through all of this and it doesn't work........but and this is where I tip my hat... I have been known by a few hundred thousand people to be reasonably accurate.........grin.....you are going to do great sweetheart.....the weight is coming off and you are goi g to feel and be in a great place in your life.......your subconscious knows you are in for a lot of changes andi is just making room......suggestion.....get some smokey quartz angel....you feel people and food has been a vice for you.....have smokey quartz with you and things with calm down......hugs.....

Thank you Sis, nice to have others perceptions on it. So glad your back was worrying about you and know ya had your birthday and all and glad your back we miss hearing your thoughts. Just imagine next years birthday what you will be like the same beautiful self in a smaller shell :)

it is getting so close for you....am excited for you....Oh went to add you on MFP didnt seem what you gave us is right its not showing you on there.....on as mczoo33......

I am day 2 of the liquid diet.....I can do this.....I am just focusing on the light at the end of the tunnel. I can't believe that I am three weeks away .....so exciting ! Anyone from NY?

Thank you Sis' date=' nice to have others perceptions on it. So glad your back was worrying about you and know ya had your birthday and all and glad your back we miss hearing your thoughts. Just imagine next years birthday what you will be like the same beautiful self in a smaller shell :)

it is getting so close for you....am excited for you....Oh went to add you on MFP didnt seem what you gave us is right its not showing you on there.....on as mczoo33......[/quote']

I sent you an invite...not sure why I was not found.......

That sounds great. You are so creative with your recipes, please keep 'em com in'!

Glad you liked it...hard to come up with so much with whats on that list :)

I am day 2 of the liquid diet.....I can do this.....I am just focusing on the light at the end of the tunnel. I can't believe that I am three weeks away .....so exciting ! Anyone from NY?

I am. Where are you from? I'm getting sleeved on the 22nd. Things are going quickly! :)

Congrats minniemouse67!! :)

Thank you!!!

I am. Where are you from? I'm getting sleeved on the 22nd. Things are going quickly! :)

I am getting sleeved the 14th! I am on Long Island. :)

Seems like everyone is getting some good exercise in, I have got to start working on that next...I have pretty bad messed up back and a leg....its pretty painful to do much and I have been doing good to walk outside and around the house twice maybe amounting to 10 min, but I do need to step it up in the exercise department. what does everyone do for exercise, exspecially at the heavier weights where just moving your body is a chore?

I have some chia seeds but they are an odd texture for me. I am not usually a texture weirdo but they get stuck on my tongue and feel like little slimy balls. I am thinking maybe a few months out, I could add them to puddings but I do not like the texture in my shake. My friend is a runner and he said they add them to Water, let them swell up and drink the stuff right before they run for energy. I bought them and tried, I will try again a few months from now.

I know what you mean Joyce, my daughter doesn't like them either. She feels like they get stuck in her teeth. I like them because they remind me of tapioca, and I love tapioca. I think it is just a taste/texture thing. Everyone's got their preferences.

Seems like everyone is getting some good exercise in' date=' I have got to start working on that next...I have pretty bad messed up back and a leg....its pretty painful to do much and I have been doing good to walk outside and around the house twice maybe amounting to 10 min, but I do need to step it up in the exercise department. what does everyone do for exercise, exspecially at the heavier weights where just moving your body is a chore?[/quote']

Using a pool for walking Water jogging and even Water weights could help because it doesn't hurt???? Just a though

wish we had a pool here the closest is 40 miles away, so thats a hard one, dont even have a decent gym, well got one a guy put in a basement that doesnt seem safe to me, I do have some equipment and gonna try to start adding something in even if it is like 10 min at a time

To: timetochange

I am in my day 2 of the liquid diet as well. That's what I'm focusing on to, the light at the end of the tunnel. My day is Aug 6th. It's so exciting, but I'm kind of a nervous wreck at the same time.