Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August Sleevers?! Where Ya's At?

So today was my first full unofficial day of liquids. I say unofficial cause I am not scheduled to started liquids til the 23rd but I personally chose to start sooner. I am worried. You hear people here say how difficult their liquid diet is/was and yet they have/had an easy going surgery. Here I am having an easy liquid diet thus far, so am I going to have a rough surgery? A nerves me alil.

Heres a run down of my diet today.

Breakfast

HEB opti-meal strawberry shake 170 cal. This shake was awesome but high in carbs I thought.

lunch

1 cup strawberry/banana SF Jello 20 cals

Atkins Milk choc. Delight shake 160 cals

snack

Premier Protein choc. shake 160 cals

And heres where I think I went wrong,

dinner

2 bananas blended in skim milk. 402 cals.

I never knew bananas were so high in carbs until I added them into myfitnesspal.

So far has managed about 7 cups of Water along with the other fluids from the shakes.< /p>

as far as exercise for the day I was lazy, but I did manage to get in 35 minutes of push mowing when we did the yard work. Once inputted thats about 400 cals burned.

Total cals for the day. 912 exercise 397 net 515 remaining 285

I was trying to limit my daily cals to 800 but am allowed up to 1000. Am I doing this right? Any suggestions? I have not even touched any of the 98% fat free Soups that I bought as the shakes are keeping me well full.

I'm an August sleever! Augustb10th by Dr. Richardson in New Orleans! Nervous because I'm a tax lawyer and I'm cutting it dangerously close to my 9/15 corporate extension deadline!

So today was my first full unofficial day of liquids. I say unofficial cause I am not scheduled to started liquids til the 23rd but I personally chose to start sooner. I am worried. You hear people here say how difficult their liquid diet is/was and yet they have/had an easy going surgery. Here I am having an easy liquid diet thus far, so am I going to have a rough surgery? A nerves me alil.

Breakfast

HEB opti-meal strawberry shake 170 cal. This shake was awesome but high in carbs I thought.

lunch

snack

dinner

I never knew bananas were so high in carbs until I added them into myfitnesspal.

So far has managed about 7 cups of Water along with the other fluids from the shakes.< /p>

as far as exercise for the day I was lazy, but I did manage to get in 35 minutes of push mowing when we did the yard work. Once inputted thats about 400 cals burned.

I was trying to limit my daily cals to 800 but am allowed up to 1000. Am I doing this right? Any suggestions? I have not even touched any of the 98% fat free Soups that I bought as the shakes are keeping me well full.

So hard to say since everyones on a different diet. My shakes are very low in carbs, only 100 calories and no added sugar (muscle milk light) they gave me a list of ones to choose from and this is the one i chose. they are very good. im unofficially on pre op too. (pre pre op as i like to call it, i start tuesday) im just doing meal replacements...been on it since....last wednesday? I lost almost 6 lbs but aunt flow arrived today, which is great now i wont have it for surgery.....but i always gain during this time so hopefully i lose more before tuesday.

Make sure the soups are low sodium as well so you don't retain the water weight .

i hear banana's aren't good ...not for the beginning stages of post op either, i guess it is because of the carbs.

I've been having a shake for breakfast, a shake for lunch...2 sf jellos in between b & L and L&D and then having a light dinner....salad usually....although last night i went out to dinner and didn't stick to plan.

Can't wait for post op!!!!!!!!

I'm an August sleever! Augustb10th by Dr. Richardson in New Orleans! Nervous because I'm a tax lawyer and I'm cutting it dangerously close to my 9/15 corporate extension deadline!

Welcome and good luck :) I'll add you tomorrow!!!

Beth it will all be fine.....well ummm unless you are our tax lawyer :P

So hard to say since everyones on a different diet. My shakes are very low in carbs, only 100 calories and no added sugar (muscle milk light) they gave me a list of ones to choose from and this is the one i chose. they are very good. im unofficially on pre op too. (pre pre op as i like to call it, i start tuesday) im just doing meal replacements...been on it since....last wednesday? I lost almost 6 lbs but aunt flow arrived today, which is great now i wont have it for surgery.....but i always gain during this time so hopefully i lose more before tuesday.

Make sure the Soups are low sodium as well so you don't retain the Water weight .

i hear banana's aren't good ...not for the beginning stages of post op either, i guess it is because of the carbs.

I've been having a shake for breakfast, a shake for lunch...2 sf jellos in between b & L and L&D and then having a light dinner....salad usually....although last night i went out to dinner and didn't stick to plan.

Can't wait for post op!!!!!!!!

Let me clarify bananas are not on my list. They were just sitting there and I didn't want them to go bad. Thats why I used them. I was thinking hmm fruit, I figured it couldn't hurt that was until I entered the values into myfitnesspal. I was like WHAT??? I deleted and re-entered thinking I made a mistake. NOPE it was correct. I will say there will be no bananas in my future diet. Thankful its not my official diet yet. lol

I so cannot wait for post op. I am ready to get this show on the road. But all in due time.

Breakfast

lunch

snack

dinner

So far has managed about 7 cups of Water along with the other fluids from the shakes.

I talked with Susan and asked if I could blend fruit in my shakes, the answer was no as natural sugars and guess trying to cut that down and is high in carbs some etc...even many veggies is...she said I could make my Soups with a veggie just not starchy ones like potatoes and I figure orange veggies to...also first few days was hard ...I wasn't doing like 3 Protein Shakes and wasn't getting enough calories, she really suggested to stay at 1000, not under or over.. Also was getting headaches etc she really suggested like gatorade cause of a little sugar ya need...I am not crazy about gatorade but trying...the other thing i was told was v-8 juice, i did that and added some unjury unflavored and that helped to....

yes I have 30 days cause of my higher bmi and was told to lose 30 lbs to so working on both.

Questions of the day:

Also my costs is self pay, was 8700 but higher BMI was another 500.

I had also checked with and got a quote for Dr Lopez and it was 4700 & also 500 ore for high BMI, I just never could find much on him bu he seemed like a good doctor. Decided on Dr. Alvarez as he seemed the right fit for me and I felt very comfortable with him, watching all his videos and all the comments was always very good.

Thanks for clarifying Mczoo. I figured it was a bad choice and not allowed once I entered it in MFP. I have had no headaches, and I functioned just fine on the 912 calories I did get. I have been in the habit of only eating once a day for a while now which is a big part of my problem today and why i weigh what i do, so the shakes throughout the day has kept me from ever feeling hungry.

has anyone found a non milk type shake that filling

AUGUST SLEEVERS:

Hey all :) Congrats to everyone who just got dates' date=' i hope i got everyone. If you don't see your name on the list please feel free to tell me!!! Well folks, we are getting close! It's 5 days til I start the pre op diet, and 2 weeks 6 days til surgery.....YES!!!! Less than 3 weeks!!!!

Okay, so question of the day!!! My friend was going to have surgery. She ended up losing so much on pre op (33 lbs) (244-211) that she and the doctor decided she could probably get to goal herself. (plus the fact that she was terribly sick the entire time, and is allergic to the nausea patch) Anyway she didn't go through with it and now shes regretting it, a couple months later. They won't honor the price that was originally given to her. So she was considering Mexico.....heres where you guys come in....a lot of you are going to mexico....the one doctor she checked with ...after the financing would have been about 8700 cash then the financing 10% and a plane ticket to get to the west coast. I saw a lot of the sleeve prices at 4400 and such, what are the prices? does your doctor do financing? How much is your TOTAL cost??? AND, non mexico sleevers......are you insurance or self pay?

I am self pay because my insurance (BCBS carefirst) wont cover it. Or DOESNT cover it. So I was lucky enough to catch a "promotion" of 8000 so they could get surgeries in to be a center of excellence. I'm traveling from new jersey to myrtle beach. its a 10 hour drive but i know it'll be worth it!!!![/quote']

That really sucks! I have BCBS of Alabama and it is covering mine.

Hey all....yes I screwed up and added fruit at first too.......it didn't effect me too bad I have lost fifteen pounds so far.....5more to go to reach goal for pre op.....mine is 9200. I chose Alveraz because a client went to him....self pay....I am getting a little freaked though because I see stuff like EKG, haven't had one........I hope my blood work and liver wil be ok..........starting to get nervous......the 4 weeks is killer....sorry sweetie but it is...I am on day 15 and getting pissy.....I do not think it is helping that everyone wants too party for my birthday...the acid reflux is getting it of hand....there has got to be a better way to shrink the liver........protein shakes get rude after two weeks...worse than that we have liquids after too....yep I a, pretty frustrated today.........sorry guys

I suddenly realized today that I have moved past scared out of my wits one minute and super exicted the next to being completely at peace with my decision to have surgery. This feels amazing!!!

Good for you. My date is exactly one month from day, 8/20. Yesterday was my last pre op appointment with the surgeon. Had a panic attack on the road and my husband had to talk me down.

No pre op diet for me. Here's the instructions I got

1). Stop taking birth control pills 30 days before. Good thing I'm poet menapausal

2). No alcohol 2 weeks before. So I have 2 more weeks to get my happy on. JK

3). No aspirin or other painkillers 5 days before

4) stop blood thinners 5 days before. These last 2 do effect me.

A 24 hour clear liquid diet. I'm scheduled first so he can getme back on my insulin pump ASAP

Now I am oppressing about a bad blood work/EKG/chest X-ray result like another August sister just had. Getting those on 8/6.

Hello I'm scheduled for surgery on August 1st at Kaiser West los angeles with dr. Casillas . I got lucky and took a cancelation. The Dr asked me to lose 15 pounds on 7/2 I'm down 11 pounds, my preop appointment is Monday and I'm working hard to lose the next 4 pounds, 3 hours at the gym twice a day, since Tuesday. I'm so ready for this.

I suddenly realized today that I have moved past scared out of my wits one minute and super exicted the next to being completely at peace with my decision to have surgery. This feels amazing!!!

I second that! I'm ready and excited and 100% commited and at peace. Does feel good. I'm a little nervous all the hospital testing will find something random and delay my surgery, fingers crossed that doesn't happen.....