Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August Sleevers?! Where Ya's At?

I think most people go to Mexico mainly because their insurance does not cover the surgery.

I got my surgery date today!!!! August 6! With Dr. Monash in Tucson AZ ;-)

Congratulations aznurse4u. We share the same surgery date!! The days are passing fast now, so our day will be here before we know it. I wish you all the best and hope your surgery and recovery is smooth and speedy. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Why do a lot of people go to Mexico to get wls? I'm guessing cause its cheaper?

I chose to go to MX since I am self pay and it is faster and less costly than messing with the self pay programs in USA. Dr.s there usually have done more sleeve surgeries also.

I got my surgery date today!!!! August 6! With Dr. Monash in Tucson AZ ;-)

Whohoo! Congrats!

Congratulations aznurse4u. We share the same surgery date!! The days are passing fast now' date=' so our day will be here before we know it. I wish you all the best and hope your surgery and recovery is smooth and speedy. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.[/quote']

Congratulations to you as well!! I'm so excited! We will have to keep each other posted! ;)

I saw this post and had to share it with our group (for those of us that are single) ... :)

While the world offers many new "opportunities" now, here are some things that are good about going through this journey single:

1. You are the only one that can sabotage yourself (ie eat bad things etc)

2. You can define your own schedule for fitting in exercise and what your post surgery routine will be.

3. You learn to judge yourself by what you see not by what a partner sees/perception

4. Your eventual partner will only know the "new" you, in my case the person my eventual partner will see a sexy, confident, a person who loves themselve inside and out, fit and active person....lucky partner lol

Just my 2c

Later poster, sorry :unsure: . Original surgery date was July 24. Moves to August 28th because I forgot I had a vacation scheduled - DUH! Nervous, but very excited!

Guess what happens two (2) short weeks from today???

I get my surgery! YEAH!!! Excited? NOOoooooo.

Guess what happens two (2) short weeks from today???

I get my surgery! YEAH!!! Excited? NOOoooooo.

WOOHOO... and two days after that is Icandothis, and two days after that is ME!!.. We gonna keep Dr. Alvarez busy.

Those two weeks are going to fly by for you.

and then me on the 14th whoo hoooo

lol...I can hardly wait to meet you guys...

Keep thinking for all us going to Dr Alvarez, we need a little secret something, like we can leave, or right or something of code or I was here, for the next person to add to :) at the hospital

and then me on the 14th whoo hoooo

Didn't mean to leave ya out there Mczoo. I really need to keep better track of all us going to Alvarez

H everyone!

I got my results back from my ekg and while every other test has had GREAT results...... The nurse called and told me that i have a bundle blockage in my heart. I have never had any heart problems or high BP. She told me that it could be nothing but i cant be put on anesthesia until they knew for sure.

Anyway Im freaking out!! Im scheduled for Aug10th and i was mentally preparing for change. No food funrals just lowering my carbs and walking

Wow...I have never heard of that. Do you have to see a cardiologist now?

So sorry, I know how much we mentally prepare for this and it sure is not good news to think you will be delayed or postponed.

I had to check to see what this is:

Bundle branch block (BBB) is a disruption in the normal flow of electrical pulses that drive the heart beat.

I can understand why they would not want to put you under. It is always better to be safe. I am sure the cardiologist will have answers for you. Try to stay calm, I know that is easier said than done but you are healthy and have never showed any signs of a problem. Keep on thinking positively. :)