Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August Sleevers?! Where Ya's At?

We are all in this together girls. All of us will make it through and come out so much better for it.

"That which does not kill us (me) makes us (me) stronger" that is my motto through this.

You guys are sweet and thank you...but and I cannot stress this enough it is mind over matter....if you create by saying over and over a bigger fear then the head hunger you will fly threw your liquid pre op no question....it may sound crazy but I have convinced myself that if I cheat I will die on the table....that is not an option for me...I have also convinced myself that if I do not cheat not only will I survive but I will fly right through surgery....

​it is on the same premise as hypnotherapy guys....I am in the mental business...lol....

hugs

I too will be an August sleever! I am also 5'4" and weight 265 lbs. My surgery will be performed by Dr. Liao at GBMC. So excited but nervous at the same time. Glad we have this site to connect us.

What is your date??? I will add you all shortly.

Day 1 of my pre preop diet is going good. probably had a little more cheese and turkey than i should have but its a huge cut from my normal lunch of fast food from wendys or mcd's. I had cheese fries last night and a chicken cordon blue sandwich for my "last meal" last night. the sugarfree Protein hurt my tummy this morning, as i knew it would. But, i packed pepto bismol and plenty of tylonal and i feel good. Thinking about food but i know i can't blow this! i'd love to lose 40 lbs in these 4 weeks of pre opness :)

@ allnewme I totally agree????

Hello fellow Auguster's! I just got my surgery date set today...August 6th. So glad to meet you and and take this journey with you. I turn 50 in December so this will be a big year for the "renewed" me. I'm loving all the prep ideas you all are posting.

Hello fellow Auguster's! I just got my surgery date set today...August 6th. So glad to meet you and and take this journey with you. I turn 50 in December so this will be a big year for the "renewed" me. I'm loving all the prep ideas you all are posting.

Welcome aboard. Glad to see you found your way to the forum. Best of luck, and we are here for ya.

congrats and what an exciting new you/us :)

No' date=' it's a post office in the Houston area, but they are so busy here for passports that an appointment is required, but he said I should have it in 30 days, which is just in the nick of time. Either way though, as long as I have my receipt I am good, according to Susan at Dr. A.'s office.[/quote']

Mom24. I had my appointment on June 13 and buy July 1st I received my passport.. They charge $60 dollars to rush it.. good luck.!!

Hey everyone. Got my surgery date. August 2nd. Gulp!! I'm super terrified. And excited and anxious and everything else I'm sure you're experiencing as well. Anyone interested in being a text/email buddy??

Hey everyone. Got my surgery date. August 2nd. Gulp!! I'm super terrified. And excited and anxious and everything else I'm sure you're experiencing as well. Anyone interested in being a text/email buddy??

Congratulations MamaMelly you will do great...it is a rollercoster and wow we get on looking one way and step out looking another way...(and the seat belts might even fit LOL)

Congratulations MamaMelly. Our nerves can be our enemies at times, but they are completely normal. You can message me anytime, but there are times I stay busy and may not be able to respond right away. I am somewhat a stay at home mom, but I work on my parents ranch. I am fortunate that they understand enough and have given me this time to take for myself to adjust to diet, and then after surgery i will only help out as I can and am allowed. There are certain things that I won't be able to do for two months after per the lifting restrictions my doctor has, but once I am on full release I will be out in the fields most of the days.

I wish you the best of luck in your journey and know that we are all here to support you,

See my NUT has had me on a partial liquid diet since April! So basically 1-2 liquid meals per day. I am doing every other day with one then 2. The first week you feel hungry an grumpy but then you get used to it. I have been religious about this and wasn't dropping weight and was so annoyed! And I am super active! But I was taking a steroid and they took me off ut and I ave dropped 10 pounds in a week lol :)

Okay, for those interested, I just tried a Protein Powder that is delicious (to me - I know everyone's tastes are different). It is the Jay Robb whey Protein Tropical Dreamsicle. I mixed it with Unsweetened Original Almond Milk. I also added Chia Seeds to it, which gives it a thick consistency (though a bit seedy), and it was very filling!

Here's to practicing for all-liquids! ^_^

Scheduled my surgery today!

August 21st!!! WOOOOHOOOOO :)

I too tried a shake for lunch to see what I am getting myself into. Now I haven't gotten my Unjury samples in yet, but when I went shopping the other week at Wal-mart and Sams for surgery items I came across Jillian Michaels vanilla Creme Protein powder. My hubby said just get it and try it, if you don't like it, throw it away.. (btw i love how men disregard money at times) Anyway, I decided that since I am about 10 days from diet i better get my head in the game and start figuring out what I am gonna do. One of the items we are allowed to have on liquid diet is carnation Breakfast sugar free. Of course this only comes in chocolate or so I could only get. I got me a cup of milk, one packet of the breakfast drink mix, one scoop of jillian's powder and a few frozen strawberries and a piece of banana ( just a very few-which I have no idea if I can get cleared for a few fruit on pre-op) It wasn't that bad. It kinda reminded me of a melted banana split although I have to say Sugar Free Chocolate drinks taste nothing like chocolate. None the less it was drinkable, Before I added all the fruit I even tried it plain, just the protein, milk and carnation breakfast that was even drinkable, so worst comes to worse I can chug that down easily, just the fruit makes it a lil more pleasing,