Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August Sleevers?! Where Ya's At?

Just went today to apply for my passport. :D :D :D

Yay dooter55 & Mom_24. Nice to meet more sleevers that will be there same time. Sure I will get to see you Mom_24 and your just now applying for a passport, your pushing it girl arent you :P

Yay dooter55 & Mom_24. Nice to meet more sleevers that will be there same time. Sure I will get to see you Mom_24 and your just now applying for a passport, your pushing it girl arent you :P

I didn't realize that an appointment was needed, so I had to wait about a week and a half for that, but Susan assured me that as long as I have my receipt for my passport application, then I will be able to get back across the border. I leave one month from today to drive to Eagle Pass! :lol:

I am looking forward to not being a contortionist for all kinds of things!

She may have to put a rush on it, but that is quite a bit more. I think they told me 99 bucks for a rush.I don't really remember the exact day I filed for mine, but it was in the latter part 3rd week of june. I received my passports the beginning of July. The issue date on the passports were the 26th, so it actually only took 2-3 weeks to get mine i suppose. But traditionally they tell you it can take 6-8 weeks. She may be fine and receive them in time.

I didn't realize that an appointment was needed, so I had to wait about a week and a half for that, but Susan assured me that as long as I have my receipt for my passport application, then I will be able to get back across the border. I leave one month from today to drive to Eagle Pass! :lol:

You need an appointment? I just went to the post office in victoria texas and applied for mine right there. You must be going to the official office.

You need an appointment? I just went to the post office in victoria texas and applied for mine right there. You must be going to the official office.

No, it's a post office in the Houston area, but they are so busy here for passports that an appointment is required, but he said I should have it in 30 days, which is just in the nick of time. Either way though, as long as I have my receipt I am good, according to Susan at Dr. A.'s office.

She may have to put a rush on it, but that is quite a bit more. I think they told me 99 bucks for a rush.I don't really remember the exact day I filed for mine, but it was in the latter part 3rd week of june. I received my passports the beginning of July. The issue date on the passports were the 26th, so it actually only took 2-3 weeks to get mine i suppose. But traditionally they tell you it can take 6-8 weeks. She may be fine and receive them in time.

The other reason I waited so long was because after a long and unfruitful search for my birth certificate, I had to order a new one, so that took a couple of weeks as well. If I had know that I needed an appointment, I could have scheduled it when I ordered the birth certificate, and would have had more time, but alas...

Day 6 is done.....it was funny Susan from our Dr emailed me about my dizzy spells and told me to have some real sugar....My mind went into all the things I could drink that could give me sugar....and went for medium instead of my typical extra large Decaf instead of caf banana caramel latte but with half the Syrup so an instant shot......Brian my husband laughed at me...At this stage of the game I think I am too scared to cheat even when the Dr tells me too.....hahahahahahaha...I suppose that is good but it is amazing what we can do with our minds...Every day I have said over and over to myself if I cheat I will die on the table...I know it may sound severe but I am of the mind set where I cannot cheat...not even a little bit...

Our minds are amazing things....

oh well if you dont get it I will stuff you in my suitcase and sneak ya back :D, sure the reciept will be fine, thats one area I lucked out in I had a passport so one thing I didnt need to do

Thanks for looking our for me mczoo! :ph34r:

Icandothis, You are doing great and an ispiration that we can stay strong and make it through it. I think I have been so ready for this surgery that I have almost been following the diet for 2 1/2 weeks before I need to,family keep asking me why I am doing it sooner then I need to and my thoughts is I am not wasting one more day to get my new life going :D

MCZOO I am so with you....go August Sleevers

Icandothis, You are doing great and an ispiration that we can stay strong and make it through it. I think I have been so ready for this surgery that I have almost been following the diet for 2 1/2 weeks before I need to,family keep asking me why I am doing it sooner then I need to and my thoughts is I am not wasting one more day to get my new life going :D

I agree 100%. Here I am been stressing how I am going to make it through my 14 day liquid diet starting the 23rd, and all I can say is, "Yes I Can" I see icandothis and how well she is doing the 30 day and I believe if she can manage that and come out in one piece I can do my required diet as well. She gives me strength in my way of thinking,