Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Monday Funday Question Of The Day!

What has been your proudest NSV yet?

For me, I can't decide if it was finally finding my collar bones (this weekend, woohoo!) or fitting into my pre-pregnancy clothes last weekend... Right now they're tied.

I had a pretty good one yesterday. I mowed the lawn without heavy breathing and had energy to take my granddaughter to Dairy Queen, ( I know what you're thinking, I just had 1/2 cup of chili :D ).

For me it was reaching a small goal of 240 lbs. 40 lbs lighter than when I started this journey, and I haven't weighed this since before I got pregnant with my oldest daughter, almost 6 years ago.

I had many, but the best one must of been when I "thought" I could fit into this really nice pair of shorts which I had never worn because they were alway so tight, so when i put them on, they fell right off. . . I HAD MISSED THE SIZE! then of course there was the fit into the plane seat with about 7" of seatbelt left over, AND the tray came all the way down with lots of room to spare! That made my day. . . also, I was going over the HR dept one day to deliver some paper work and when I was coming back I was standing outside and realized I had just climbed 4 flights of stairs and wasn't huffing and puffing. . . I was amazed at that. . I mean I didn't even realize i had done the stairs, my mind was elsewhere! That was cool. . . there are many many more, and I'm grateful for each and every one of them!

Onederland and being able to cross my legs. Its just so dang comfortable.

Getting into a size 8 slacks! Oh and a size 10 jeans! Oh and not to mention my elbow clanging against my hip bone! Love these. ;)

I have never liked exercise, and still don't, but I started riding my bike about a month ago, and I love it. I ride almost everynight, and I'm at 13 miles per ride. I even bought a pair of biking shorts yesterday. I could see between my legs, that have always rubbed together. lol

starting weight 260

12/12/11 surgery

4/12/12 4 month loss 62

goal 150 48 to go.

Being able to shop for regular size clothes. Size 14 jeans made me soooo happy! Large (soon to be medium) size stretchy yoga type pants...Weighing in less than my husband! And the list goes on!!! :D

I think for me it's just the desire and ability to do things again. I am currently working on building a pavilion in our backyard. This is something I physically would not have been able to do 6 months ago. A couple of weeks ago, I worked on my car. Again, something that my weight would not allow me to do just a few short months ago. I promised my kids that I will take them to Six Flags this summer after I hit 240 (just 4 lbs away!!!) and I will be able to ride the rides!!! My life has changed for the better tremendously! TGFTS!!! :)

I would have to say my NSV so far would have to be not taking a pain pills for knee pain since surgery. I usually would take 1-2 a day depending on how much I would be on my feet, and my feet and knees don't ache like they used too. I was always ready for bed by 7 p.m. and bought pizza, fast food for the family so I didn't have to stand at the stove and cook, cuz I was so tired.

I am 51 lbs down, 7 weeks post opt, and am reloving fixing fun food for the family!

Someone in my choir said in surprise: "You have such a beautiful face. I never noticed it before."

People around her were trying to shush her, but I knew what she meant. It made my day!

Wowwwww~these are all great. so happy to rock my sleeve! ;)

i think my biggest one was, my husband and i were in bed and he kept elbowing me and finally i said what i wrong with you? he said there is something poking me, it was my hip bone hahaha. it doesnt stick out, but it is more prominent. i really am "hippy" lol

Someone in my choir said in surprise: "You have such a beautiful face. I never noticed it before."

People around her were trying to shush her, but I knew what she meant. It made my day!

people have always said this to me, it used to go along with "if you werent fat".