Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Where are the 50s ???

Sorry Buplee - damn autocorrect

I'm 54 yrs old but feel like im 18, I was Sleeved 06/19/13 and I lost 109 lbs so far, and still trying to lose more, I have had my up and downs on my eating habits but I can control them lots better now

After having the surgery, 6 months, 9 months, 1 year; 2 years 2 years PLUS. Best thing that I ever did for MYSELF. IF you follow Dr orders, you will lose the weight, you will feel better. you will WANT to get up and move.... IT WILL BE a WHOLE NEW YOU!... I congratulate each of you for making this life changing decision. And it is LIFE CHANGING!... Rock that sleeve, drink that Water, and follow those Dr orders. I am getting ready to go see my family and they have not seen me since my mom passed in May of 2011. I had my surgery in Sept of 2011, I have not told them what I did, because I live 12 hours away and did not want to hear WHY DID YOU DO THAT... I will drive up, and they will all say ???????? but after talking I will be able to answer all questions and they can see that I am doing awesome...... it may even make some of them want to do the same thing, and there are some that need to do it. I will not press, I will let them watch me eat.. I will answer any and all questions, and support them if they decide it is right for them as they are the only ones that can decide that, I cannot MAKE them do it. I wish you all a very HAPPY Thanksgiving, and yes we all look at Thanksgiving differantly now...or at least I do..... (it seems like such a waste of food), but it is all about FAMILY and giving THANKS....... NOT THE food Ü

I am so nervous. My surgery is scheduled for Monday the 25th. I went yesterday for my EDG and didn't get the best of news now I have to wait and see if the surgeon is going ahead with surgery or postpone it. I hope if we postpone it won't be very long if we wait till January my deductible will go up and I will have to pay it again. I pray ire is not serious enough for that.

I am so nervous. My surgery is scheduled for Monday the 25th. I went yesterday for my EDG and didn't get the best of news now I have to wait and see if the surgeon is going ahead with surgery or postpone it. I hope if we postpone it won't be very long if we wait till January my deductible will go up and I will have to pay it again. I pray ire is not serious enough for that.

Sending warm thoughts your way---hope it all works out well......I'm wearing a 16/18 after having surgery in August (was starting to wear a 3X before surgery), and I feel so good about myself, like I might as well be wearing a size 10---haven't worn this size in over 20 years......good luck

I guess you mean your EKG wasn't good. So sorry to hear that but it is very important information. You don't want the risk of your surgery to be greater than neccessary. Hopefully your surgeon will clear you and everything will be fine. Sending positive vibes your way!

Hi Brenda: I assume you mean your EKG wasn't good. That sucks! It's such important information though. You want to come safely thru your surgery without any undue risk or complications. I hope your surgeon feels you are OK to go forward as planned.

Hi Brenda: I assume you mean your EKG wasn't good. That sucks! It's such important information though. You want to come safely thru your surgery without any undue risk or complications. I hope your surgeon feels you are OK to go forward as planned.

No I did mean EDG it is when they go through the throat and check your stomach. But I just got word that surgery will be Monday. SO EXCITED.

No I did mean EDG it is when they go through the throat and check your stomach. But I just got word that surgery will be Monday. SO EXCITED.

Great! Your on your way to a new you!!

Great! Your on your way to a new you!!

Been awhile since Ive been on here, surgery was 2 months ago Im down 47 pounds and feel wonderful. best of luck to those who havent had it yet...best choice i have made for myself!

Congratulations Brenda, and good luck. I have a heart condition called Long QT. something to do with the length of time between heart beats. My cardiologist was in the O R during my surgery. It sounds like your doctor is very thorough and that you are in good hands.

Well I'm down to 294.2 that's 116.8lbs of weight loss, on my surgery date 6/19/13 I weighed 411 on my sleeved date 116.8 of weight loss.. I still have a ways to go. If anyone has MyFitnessPal on their phone app and would like a friend put my name in "mitzjr", I will be glad to have your support and help you as well.