Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Where are the 50s ???

Hello everyone' date=' I am getting sleeved 3/14. I was wondering if my energy level will come back. I am 51 5'6 and weigh 254. I am tired all the time. Anyone?[/quote']

I was pretty close. 5'7" 250 but I was 56. As with Lynda, it was several months til I had stamina again. And can now, three years out and at goal, do a LOT more. Bit that said, I definitely don't have what I had earlier either. Even as an overweight person I was Go go go go and do do do. Remodeled houses, tiles floors, hung lights, fans, worked non stop in church work. I seriously think I have actually worn myself out! Ha!

BUT I'm in great health, 103 lbs lighter and can do anything, within reason I want to when I want to!

Hello everyone' date=' I am getting sleeved 3/14. I was wondering if my energy level will come back. I am 51 5'6 and weigh 254. I am tired all the time. Anyone?[/quote']

Have you done all your pre-op testing? Do you have sleep apnea or are you hypothyroid, anaemic? Obesity will make you tired but a lot of other health issues that may or may not be obesity related can cause that too. That being said, my energy level is much greater than before and I'm almost 54.

I finally hit my second big milestone over the weekend, I've now lost over 100lbs...still not halfway to my goal but life is getting better and better every day. I walk at least a mile every day, and on the weekend I try to do at least one two mile walk (that is my limit for right now). I feel so much better and am so much more active both at work and at home. Even contacted a personal trainer this weekend to see if I can't start actually getting in shape again. For over thirty years I've been waging a loosing war with nothing but wieght gain, it's great to finally win a battle and loose some weight...Go Sleeve!

I finally hit my second big milestone over the weekend, I've now lost over 100lbs...still not halfway to my goal but life is getting better and better every day. I walk at least a mile every day, and on the weekend I try to do at least one two mile walk (that is my limit for right now). I feel so much better and am so much more active both at work and at home. Even contacted a personal trainer this weekend to see if I can't start actually getting in shape again. For over thirty years I've been waging a loosing war with nothing but wieght gain, it's great to finally win a battle and loose some weight...Go Sleeve!

Way to go, Allan! The 100 pound club membership feels great, doesn't it? Keep it up! You will be surprised how quickly time goes by and how quickly you will continue to lose.

WOW....hit your 100 lbs milestone in 4 and a half months! Very impressive! I'm hoping to get sleeved next month, and if all goes well, I'll have a beach-worthy body by next summer.

I finally hit my second big milestone over the weekend' date=' I've now lost over 100lbs...still not halfway to my goal but life is getting better and better every day. I walk at least a mile every day, and on the weekend I try to do at least one two mile walk (that is my limit for right now). I feel so much better and am so much more active both at work and at home. Even contacted a personal trainer this weekend to see if I can't start actually getting in shape again. For over thirty years I've been waging a loosing war with nothing but wieght gain, it's great to finally win a battle and loose some weight...Go Sleeve![/quote']

AWESOME!!! Way to go! So happy for you!

Well done Allan, I'm dreaming of joining the 100lb club.

Back from vacation so now it is November. Just a few more weeks. My sister in law had surgery yesterday and my brother in law will next Tuesday they were both private pay so did not have a waiting period. So unfair sometimes. I so want the 25th to get here

.........For over thirty years I've been waging a loosing war with nothing but wieght gain, it's great to finally win a battle and loose some weight...Go Sleeve!

I was feeling the same way this morning.....finally feel like I have a fighting chance at reaching a healthy weight

You're doing a great job, Allan! Keep up the good work, and keep sharing your successes!

Hello everyone, I am getting sleeved 3/14. I was wondering if my energy level will come back. I am 51 5'6 and weigh 254. I am tired all the time. Anyone?

Hi, I was 54. 5' 4" and weighed exactly the same, YOU will notice MUCH difference after about 3-4 weeks, Make yourself walk, even if it is just in circles in your driveway, in your house, or in a building you have access too, NOT too much, start slow and do not overdue it, you know you have to start exercising and walking is the best. YOU WILL want to do this after your surgery if you were serious in the beginning, WALK as much as you can, the more you walk, the more energy you will get. IT is a GOOD circle, but YOU have to want to do it, best of luck to you and holler if we can help!

Well so far I lost 109 lbs, I was sleeved 6/18/13, I got a ways to go and I feel soooo much better, but I have a ways to go in my weight loss, it's amazing how I can control the amount of food I can eat without still being hungry, I eat about a cup or just a little more now.

Sleeved 6/19/13

I was 50 when I had surgery, I'm 54 now. Life altering, that's all I can say. People tell me I look younger, I don't know about that, but I sure feel good. Shopping is fun, life feels normal as a thin person. I still obsess about food, but I'm in control now, food is not.

It's fun NOT being the biggest girl in the room......many times I'm the smallest. I underestimated what I could do with this tiny tummy, never in my wildest dreams did I think I'd weigh under 145 and wear 4's and 6's.

I was 50 when I had surgery, I'm 54 now. Life altering, that's all I can say. People tell me I look younger, I don't know about that, but I sure feel good. Shopping is fun, life feels normal as a thin person. I still obsess about food, but I'm in control now, food is not.

It's fun NOT being the biggest girl in the room......many times I'm the smallest. I underestimated what I could do with this tiny tummy, never in my wildest dreams did I think I'd weigh under 145 and wear 4's and 6's.

I'm 56 right now, and am just finishing up my 6 month diet before I can apply for insurance coverage. Your posting gives me a lot of hope. In my freshman year of college I weighed 118, and still thought I was pudgy. I can't wait to feel like a normal, thin person again.

I'm 56 right now, and am just finishing up my 6 month diet before I can apply for insurance coverage. Your posting gives me a lot of hope. In my freshman year of college I weighed 118, and still thought I was pudgy. I can't wait to feel like a normal, thin person again.

You won't believe what your life will be like, one year after surgery!!! Good luck & hold on tight, it's a wild ride...enjoy every minute of it!!!! :)