Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Where are the 50s ???

I'm 58 and started my 2 week liquid diet today. This is the year of me for a change and I am nervous and excited to get started.

That is awesome! You can do it...and we'll save a spot for you on the loser's bench!

Sent from my iPad using VST

You will do fine' date=' just take it day by day.. Good luck[/quote']

I'm with ya there. Nervous and excited all at the same time. Trying to learn all I can. Started replacing 2 meals with Protein hakes. Not bad. About 4:00 I'm hungry tho. Good luck to you.

I'm 58 and started my 2 week liquid diet today. This is the year of me for a change and I am nervous and excited to get started.

Today is my 2nd day of full liquid prepping for surgery Sept 30 I am full of all kinds of thoughts. Thoughts of what will i do without food to run to? on another note does anyone else feel kinda mystified about the liquid diet? 3 - 8oz. Protein Shakes and Water in between is definitely a challenge for all day and I have 12 more days to go!!!

Today is my 2nd day of full liquid prepping for surgery Sept 30 I am full of all kinds of thoughts. Thoughts of what will i do without food to run to? on another note does anyone else feel kinda mystified about the liquid diet? 3 - 8oz. Protein Shakes and Water in between is definitely a challenge for all day and I have 12 more days to go!!!

I'm so thankful I didn't have to so that with my surgeon. I seriously don't think I could have done it. Can you do Soup broths too? I'd do a chicken broth based soup with some veggies thrown and purée it. You'll get your Protein if you do chicken and can have it as a hot snack too.

Hi, I'm 57 and was sleeved 6 days ago. My preop diet was 3 weeks of 2 shakes and 1 salad with Protein on it each day. I then had a three day clear liquid diet then surgery. I was shocked to step on the scale on my surgery day and see I had lost 24 lbs! My salads had been humongous, went to the salad bar at whole foods and got 1 1/2 or 2 lb salad each day! After surgery I gained 8 lbs and am still up 3 or so, but I am so excited that I already feel pretty good and see being able to exercise and eat healthy and reach my goals ahead of me! I have been successful at losing so many times before but always gained it back plus more. I was afraid this would go really slow because of my age but now I think I will do fine. Good luck to everyone and keep writing in!

My pre-op diet was 3-5 shakes a day plus green veggies but no butter and only no-fat Salad Dressing. I was a total basket case until day 6 and suddenly it got easier. Hang in there, you can do it!

pre-surgery weight 325; surgery date 2/28/2013; surgery weight 307; 8 weeks past-op weight 281.4; 12 weeks post-op 274; 4 month post-op 266.2; 5 month post-op 262.6; 6 month post-op 253.2

Gee my pre-op diet was only 48 hrs and only liquids and Protein Shakes, my pre-op weight was 411lbs 6/19/13 and today i weighed in on 319lbs seen the surgeon today on my 4 month post-op and he said to me to keep up what ever I'm doing. I eat about a half cup at each meal 2oz of Proteins and veggies or Beans 1oz ea or just 2 oz beans, I have had up to 3/4 of a cup at meals only when I went on a 14+ mile bicycle ride and thats mostly Protein, with a shake right after the ride. I feel so much better, life at 54 is better than I was at 17... Life is good!

My pre-op diet was 2 Protein Shakes a day until 48 hours prior to surgery and then it was Clear Liquids. My post-op diet was two weeks of full liquids. It was not easy but I did not cheat. My wife made some great Soups for me and strained it and then added unflavored Protein Powder. It made the last days easier since I got tired of the sweet Protein shakes. I am 7 months out and 93lbs lighter. My wife is in heaven looking at and buying new clothes for me. I am 52 and never thought the weight loss would happen this quickly. I would still like to lose 35-40lbs more, so I still have a bit to go. Good luck to all of us sleevers in our fabulous 50's. Who knew the 50's would be the new 30's.

Thanks everyone for your wonderful support!!

I had one of my worst days since my surgery and i got frustrated of things not going right around the house, things being broken or not properly functioning right, right away I notice that I wanted to eat but fought off the urge with a cup of green tea, the sleeve helped but the rest is up to me on staying on track and keeping focused . I hope everyone has a better day than I did and i know there will be good days and bad days, Lord I pray that you give me the strength to keep on track and that others that read this will have the power to over come there urges... Peace

I had one of my worst days since my surgery and i got frustrated of things not going right around the house' date=' things being broken or not properly functioning right, right away I notice that I wanted to eat but fought off the urge with a cup of green tea, the sleeve helped but the rest is up to me on staying on track and keeping focused . I hope everyone has a better day than I did and i know there will be good days and bad days, Lord I pray that you give me the strength to keep on track and that others that read this will have the power to over come there urges... Peace[/quote']

AMEN!

I had one of my worst days since my surgery and i got frustrated of things not going right around the house' date=' things being broken or not properly functioning right, right away I notice that I wanted to eat but fought off the urge with a cup of green tea, the sleeve helped but the rest is up to me on staying on track and keeping focused . I hope everyone has a better day than I did and i know there will be good days and bad days, Lord I pray that you give me the strength to keep on track and that others that read this will have the power to over come there urges... Peace[/quote']

Hang in there! Thanks for letting us all know that there are still food demons lurking. Way to overcome and move on!

Good for you! I had to chuckle because I said the same thing last year - 2013 is the year of me. So far I really like, and I've decided to extend it into 2014. :) It really does take that kinds of dedication to yourself to make the needed changes. It's a conscious effort, but so very well worth it. Good luck!

Hello all!!!

Well this "50 something" young woman in about 5 days will be "sleeved". (Sept 30th). I am excited, numb, scared, happy ... on and on and on....Tomorrow I start my clear liquid diet for 4 days .... actually its been "freeing" to have been on the full liquids for the passed 10 days however I really haven't lost that much. (5lbs). I thought it would be more since continually seeing others posting their loses of 20lbs in two weeks, disappointing but done the less .... plugging along and will NOT let this discourage me. I have not deviated once since starting my full liquids. Curious what everyone else did for their CLEAR LIQUID pre-op diet? :tongue2: