Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Where are the 50s ???

p.s.

I hope my weight loss is a bit more after surgery too.

p.s. I hope my weight loss is a bit more after surgery too.

Keep you initial weight loss expectations reasonable and not attach a number, which is the mistake most newly sleeved make.

As for the clear liquid phase, I had Gatorade, crystal light, and chicken broth, and of course Water. Good luck to you on your upcoming surgery.

Good luck sohio! How exciting for you. Let us know when you're back home from surgery. I know you'll do great!

Sent from my iPad using VST

Has anyone ever thought "what if I go through this and not lose weight"?

Of course, it's only natural. i spent 35 years losing the battle. some times i think its not working. then i step back and evaluate....In pre-op and post (just 7 weeks) I'm down 40 lbs and am impatient. The last month it feels like its coming off really slowly. However, the weight is coming off and it's without cravings, moodiness and sabatoge. I'm truly grateful I was willing to go thru with surgery. Best wishes to you.

p.s. I hope my weight loss is a bit more after surgery too.

I would imagine it will be. Good luck to you! Keep posting so we can follow your journey.

Of course' date=' it's only natural. i spent 35 years losing the battle. some times i think its not working. then i step back and evaluate....In pre-op and post (just 7 weeks) I'm down 40 lbs and am impatient. The last month it feels like its coming off really slowly. However, the weight is coming off and it's without cravings, moodiness and sabatoge. I'm truly grateful I was willing to go thru with surgery. Best wishes to you.[/quote']

Wait! You are saying you have lost FORTY POUNDS in 7 weeks and that is slow?? :).

The average weight loss on any diet is 2 lbs a week. That would have netted you about 14 lbs. :). You are doing great!

I think a lot of us have that thought. Especially when we're older when we get sleeved. Stick to the program set forth by your surgeon and nut and you'll see results.

Oh yes, and I still think every pound I lose will be my last. It's hard not to think that way after failing for years. One thing I have learned is that it's consistency and what you do in the long run that makes a difference. Every day, it's one foot in front of the other, follow the program and the rules, and it will work. It's slower for some, faster for others, and it varies from time to time for each individual.

I had one of my worst days since my surgery and i got frustrated of things not going right around the house, things being broken or not properly functioning right, right away I notice that I wanted to eat but fought off the urge with a cup of green tea, the sleeve helped but the rest is up to me on staying on track and keeping focused . I hope everyone has a better day than I did and i know there will be good days and bad days, Lord I pray that you give me the strength to keep on track and that others that read this will have the power to over come there urges... Peace

I understand how you feel. My stress has been my grown children and god-children. I understand that the economy is really bad, even for those with college degrees like my children, but I am so stressed with them constantly asking me for help. I feel guilty if I don't help them because I was once in their shoes but I also worry what helping them will do to my retirement life.

Worrying about them causes stomach distress for me.

Of course' date=' it's only natural. i spent 35 years losing the battle. some times i think its not working. then i step back and evaluate....In pre-op and post (just 7 weeks) I'm down 40 lbs and am impatient. The last month it feels like its coming off really slowly. However, the weight is coming off and it's without cravings, moodiness and sabatoge. I'm truly grateful I was willing to go thru with surgery. Best wishes to you.[/quote']

No cravings? No waking up during the night and eating? Nothing? Oh thank god for that

Oh yes, and I still think every pound I lose will be my last. It's hard not to think that way after failing for years. One thing I have learned is that it's consistency and what you do in the long run that makes a difference. Every day, it's one foot in front of the other, follow the program and the rules, and it will work. It's slower for some, faster for others, and it varies from time to time for each individual.

So true and insightful.

Turned 50 in August and will be sleeved in November. It just can't get here quick enough.
welcome to the fifties! I turned 54 in August and was sleeved LAST November. It was a great decision for me and no regrets. I think the Aug./Nov. Combo must be a lucky one! Here's my before and after pictures just to give you a taste of what's ahead of you. Keep us posted on your progress.

post-37367-13813670404859_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPad using VST

welcome to the fifties! I turned 54 in August and was sleeved LAST November. It was a great decision for me and no regrets. I think the Aug./Nov. Combo must be a lucky one! Here's my before and after pictures just to give you a taste of what's ahead of you. Keep us posted on your progress.

You don't know how close we are at starting weight. I am only 5ft tall well dr measured me at 4 11 1/2. But I can't wait to look as good as you.