Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Where are the 50s ???

Well tomorrow morning is my BIG day! I get sleeved at 10:00 am I'm doing my clear liquid diet' date=' and my drinking of the laxative stuff every 30 minutes. Fun, fun! LOL I'm nervous, but excited too! I have been waiting 8 months to get to this point, so I'm ready! Please pray all goes well. Thanks everyone. :) Kathy[/quote']

Kath...good luck with your surgery tomorrow. I started my pre-op program in late September 2011, had surgery this year in April so I know how you feel. Well...its time for your New Beginning!

Hope you girls that just had surgery yesterday are doing ok. Check in with us when you can.

Had surgery Tuesday. Lots of nausea and vomiting. My fabulous nurses kept trying different drugs and found one that kept nausea at bay. Feel like a new person. Just got home from hospital and sitting here sipping my Water. I have no regrets and thank all of you guys for helping me understand what to expect and for all your prayers and good thoughts!

Glad you're doing ok. Take it easy and get some Protein if you can.

Great to have a fifty's group. I turned 50 in August and have my surgery Nov. 29th. Haven't delt to much with menopause. I am not sure if I've gone through it or not. I had a few hot flashes a couple years ago. My metabolism is pretty slow though so am planning on no carbs and excersize to help me lose.

How are all our Octo and November sleevers doing today? I hope everyone is healing nicely. You are all in my prayers for speedy recovery!

Hope all the new slevers are doing well. I'm at about 2-3 weeks into a stall, and I have to say it is driving me crazy. It is like my body is saying - "No way are we going below 200!" I'm sure God is working on my patience level, but not sure I am passing with flying colors, lol. Hope all of you have a great week-end!

Hope all the new slevers are doing well. I'm at about 2-3 weeks into a stall' date=' and I have to say it is driving me crazy. It is like my body is saying - "No way are we going below 200!" I'm sure God is working on my patience level, but not sure I am passing with flying colors, lol. Hope all of you have a great week-end![/quote']

(I'm technically 49 and a half but the 40's group is full of kids so I'm here LOL)

So New Hope...DANG I GET YOU!! I've been in my first stall since surgery and it's 1 and 1/2 pound away from the "Fat" category, verses the "obese" category. I have been waiting to be just "fat" (ok overweight) for what seems like a decade LMAO It's cruel and unusual punishment for someone eating 600 cals a day!

jillb5, I know what you mean about not sure if you have gone through it or not. The question docs usually ask is, when was your last period and if it has been a year or more, you are through with menopause. Some women think once you start menopause you are never through with it but that is not so. Menopause is literally, the pausing (end) of menses. Once no period for a year, you're done. Good and bad news, because after menopause, no more hormones, so now your body has to change in ways you are not used to, but those tales are for another time.

I had a partial hysterectomy in 2007 due to massive blood loss (fibroids). I kept my ovaries which meant I still had to go through menopause, but without the monthly curse, I had no way of knowing if I had finished with menopause or not. Just not bleeding to death each month was the greatest thing ever. It was weird that I also stopped experiencing the other usual symptoms, as well, such as, breast tenderness, irratability, food cravings, etc. Small blessings.

Yup, your metabolism is supposed to go down in menopause, but instead of no carbs, choose good carbs and no refined anything (sugar, flour, rice).

How are all our Octo and November sleevers doing today? I hope everyone is healing nicely. You are all in my prayers for speedy recovery!

I had my surgery on October 19th. I am doing fantastic! I have had absolutely no problem. I had a minimum amount of pain the first week but definitely tolerable. I was cleared this past Monday to move beyond the liquid stage. I have found no food intolerances at all but I do chew chew chew chew. I was also cleared on Monday to return to the swimming pool so I have been swimming my laps again. Love it. I have lost over 50 pounds since my diet and exercise routine in February. Life is good!!!!

Gosh its been 11 days since surgery.. I can't believe how time is flying now, before surgery it felt like time was standing still. For the past two days we have had company and of course I had to cook, our visitor is a single widower that loves my cooking soooo, I thought OK lets see how this works. I have to say it really didn't bother me a bit, I was really surprised, and of course I made my favorite things, and I was taken back at how it really didn't bother me!!! So I was wondering does this happen to everyone?

I haven't gotten on a scale yet, only because I don't have one...hahaha...I have ordered one and its supposed to come in today its called Eat Smart, its supposed to be the most accurate one on the market this year, we will see. I was wondering if anyone here has used this scale and how do you like it.

Also I'm proud to announce that nothing so far bothers me, milk, coffee, Protein drinks, everything tastes the same and I don't seem to have any intolerance's...am I weird? or what?... it seems everywhere you look on this site you read I can't stand this, or this hurts my tummy, or this doesn't taste good anymore, anyone else? or am I the odd ball out here? just wondering :D

Debbie

I'm the same way Debbie. The only thing I've found that gives me a little trouble is bread but I dont really want it so it doesnt bother me. What I have found strange, weird, whatever, is I don't really want things I used to love like icecream. Keep up the great spirit!!!

(I'm technically 49 and a half but the 40's group is full of kids so I'm here LOL)

So New Hope...DANG I GET YOU!! I've been in my first stall since surgery and it's 1 and 1/2 pound away from the "Fat" category, verses the "obese" category. I have been waiting to be just "fat" (ok overweight) for what seems like a decade LMAO It's cruel and unusual punishment for someone eating 600 cals a day!

Yes, that is exactly where I am. My body is telling me I am not overweight, I am obese I get use to it, but I refuse!!! I know I will break that 200 mark and be in the overweight category yet. You will all hear a great big WooHoo when that happens. You might wonder what the noise and commotion is, so I'm warning you ahead of time!

This is one heck of a post. Glad I looked but can't read it all just yet,

gee's I worried on me being older than most people who are not medical directed to do it and what have you and the thought that helps to align it for me is its perfect for my age at 49 when I am beginning only to feel and see some effect from being a fatty long term, this is going to be a comfort and turning point, a real high lite I think just now but less to the side of just the medical benifits and more for the things every one gets from it all ways.

I'm feeling younger for today and stopped thinking so old of myself, gees.

Ahhh day 7 of my first stall ! I would normally be worried about it but from reading post on this forum, I know it happens and to just keep moving ahead , 1 day at a time. Thanks to all who are sharing their experiences on here, its very helpful & comforting to know that I am anot "really" going this alone :)

This is one heck of a post. Glad I looked but can't read it all just yet' date='

gee's I worried on me being older than most people who are not medical directed to do it and what have you and the thought that helps to align it for me is its perfect for my age at 49 when I am beginning only to feel and see some effect from being a fatty long term, this is going to be a comfort and turning point, a real high lite I think just now but less to the side of just the medical benifits and more for the things every one gets from it all ways.

I'm feeling younger for today and stopped thinking so old of myself, gees.[/quote']

Well, I'm 53 years old and don't feel old at all!