Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Where are the 50s ???

Welcome ...and whoooo on your lose of 17lbs...I had my sleeve March 4 day 14 post op lose 17lbs all so I have stall so today I'm going to push more Water You will love your 50th's life just getting start and now with your new sleeve...Keep the Good work up!!

Hello all, to old and the newbies, it has been awhile since I have posted, life does get in the way, I have had a promotion at work, and I doubt had I not lost weight they would have overlooked me, I have been working SOOO many hours, and other life issues have blown in, but I can report I just had my 18 mos checkup and even the Dr told me my blood work is perfect, HE wants my blood.... whatever I am doing he says to keep it up.. I feel wonderful!!!!! everyone that sees me tells me how wonderful I look... which makes me feel wonderful! :) I have gone from a very tight womens18 to a size 8P and they are fitting fine.....not too tight.....a little loose in spots~~~~... I would and do recommend the sleeve to all....... Yes, you do have to follow rules........... but LIFE IS GOOD!!!! I have run into many that had the surgery to lose 50 lbs and then they tell me they cannot stop eating ice cream!!! HELLLOOOOOO, Why did you do this surgery? It is not a miracle worker, you have to do your part!!!!! (just a reminder) if you follow the rules... the sleeve ROCKS........ Drink that Water!!!!!

Congrats.....What kind of Vitamins are you taking I was sleeve march 4th been and up and down road I'm 54yrs old wish I could have done this a lot sooner in my life. very happy but I am not eating to much for the past 2 days been in a stall for 2 weeks and now the weight is coming off slowly and that's ok..at the end of stage#5 now for the real food ...Hope I will be will you are in 18mos I have lost 30lbs and a dress size..Thanks for you post...

Sleeved on 2/19 and 56lbs down. I never thought I would get there so quickly at age 52.

Well done on your loss you must be feeling wonderful, keep going.

I am very happy with my loss of weight. I can't see it since I have so much too lose but my wife and others do.

SasTexan, I take 2 Centrum silver chewables a day, he told me to cut back to one a day or 2 every other day.. my bloodwork shows i have too much Iron in my blood......... I tried the Bariatric Vitamins after my surgery, but I just threw them up.........

Buplee, sasT, Farie, Gina, Barbie, you are all doing well, dont fret the weight loss, it will happen, just please do not lose 50 75 lbs and think it doesn't matter I can have this.. it does matter....... Please do not weigh daily...... I weighed weekly, then went monthly because it got so frustrating watching that freaking #............. you will lose inches, and not a pound, when you start working out you will lose MORE INCHES and gain.......so dont fret...... your body is adjusting....... Best of luck to all of you.... sorry if I forgot to mention anyone....... but YOU CAN DO IT....just drink your water.......... and your Miralax, or MOM...... it will help you greatly!!!!

Feedyoureye.... You can and will get back on track, if I had to spend 10 weeks with my inlaws........OH MY! I cannot say I wouldn't do the same thing... but you know what you have to do to get on track! We are here for you to support you!

Nancy, Jlb, Mary Dre, Jon B and UK Cathy... you are all rocking, keep up the good work, it will off pay off in the long run... no you will NOT be hungry, you will have to force yourself to get in your Protein, and water... and please do not NOT EAT, just because you are not hungry, you will have to FORcE yourself to eat at times........ I know I did, even if it was only 2 or 3 bites, I am still a very small eater....... and plan to stay that way,.. I get in my protein. even now, i take about 4-6 bites and that is all I want......... I am "SATISFIED" I never would have believed that one............. best of luck to all of you..... you will start to feel amazing!!!!! Let me know if I can help~

Hi all....I am about to be 51 in a couple of weeks! I had my sleeve not quite 3 weeks ago. I am having some reflux even on anti-reflux meds. The Dr thinks it will calm down on once i have less sleeve swelling. I have lost 20 lbs so far....and I have another 60 to go. I am happy to see this group as I am very worried about how wrinkled my neck and face will be once I go down another sixty lbs. I am not afraid of plastic surgery if I need it....I just don't want to look like I had plastic surgery! Some people over do it! So I am just starting to scour this thread to read the info....it's very helpful.

ajeeprider, take one day at a time.......would you rather be FAT!!! or have a little skin hanging? You will be amazed at how much your skin will shrink, IF you WORK OUT!!!, so many think they can have the surgery and do NOTHING!!! HELLOOOOOOO you have to work out, you have to do MORE than just the surgery............. I refuse to do any "body lifts".... it reminds me of where I came from ................ you can pay to have anything you want. so then you have a " plastic body",,,,,,,,,,,,,, this is NOT the MAGIC PILL.. You still HAVE to work to get the results.............. or YOU WILL FAIL!!!!!!!!!! sorry, but this is HOW IT IS>>>................ or you can live in the DREAM WORLD and continue to think this is SOOOOOOOOOO EASY~~ if so ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, YOU WILL BE ONE TO FAIL! Give your body time to heal, work out to get rid of the fat and TONE!!!!........ yes, Lipo seems so easy and fast............BUT ...... is it worth it:??"? lot's of RISK there, I know one lady that almost died from just a BUTT lift! really............ you did this to be HEALTHY!!!!!............ NOT BARBIE!!! IF you follow the diet, the way we SHOULD eat!!!! you will be FINE!!!!! Hate to rant...but have seen too many FAILURES!!!!! because they took the EZ way OUT!!!! YOU have to follow the rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am 52 years old, 3 mos post op. I am 5 ft 10" tall and have lost 63 lbs to date. It appears from this third month on that my weight loss has slowed down, averaging only a 3 lb weight loss per week. I weighed 245 pre surgery and now weigh 182. My goal weight is 155. Has anyone else experienced this? BTW I do cardio and strength training 5-6 days per week.

Amazing weight loss, I'm 13 months down and 82lb but am pleased so far. You are doing well so tell yourself so, your weight will plateau and over the months you will have to have patience.

all of you have to realize that you did not put this weight on over night, it is NOT going to come off overnight,BUT....... if you do what you are suppose to do, IT WILL MELT off..... so what you are not losing POUNDS..BUT...... you are losing inches........ think not........try on some of your old clothes.......... I was in the same boat..discouraged..thinking oh the # is not moving, I have lots of clothes in the closet........and when I went to get them......they were oh so big..... do not rush things, it will happen....... just dont get lax.. keep up the great work you are doing, IT IS SOOOOO WORTH the feeling when you look good in a size 10 and then before you know it the 10's are TOO BIG! OH MY~~~~ I have bought a few 8P.... but have not yet switched my whole wardrobe, as the LOOSE 10's remind me ....... WHERE I came from........ I jumped from a VERY TIGHT 18 womens............to a 14, to a 10 and now I CAN wear 8's and can see a smaller size coming...... you just have to be patient.........and FOLLOW THE RULES.........NOT the # on the DANG SCALE!!!!!! Rock that sleeve and drink your liquids!!!! am here to help just holler! Ü

56 years young and trying to get younger each passing day...had my surgery on June 7th so I don't know that weighing myself yet will mean much. I think I want an active lifestyle, thus the sleeve surgery. Luckily I have not ruined my health with my obesity (yet).

56 years young and trying to get younger each passing day...had my surgery on June 7th so I don't know that weighing myself yet will mean much. I think I want an active lifestyle, thus the sleeve surgery. Luckily I have not ruined my health with my obesity (yet).

You are lucky. I'm 56 also, haven't yet had the surgery, but I can feel my health going down quickly. I'm almost diabetic, and my hip, knee, and ankle pain are extremely annoying, making exercising next to impossible. I've got sleep Apnea, high cholesterol, Gerd.....I can't wait until I get the sleeve! Looks like it won't happen until November of December of this year though.