Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Where are the 50s ???

Hi everyone, I just want to thank everyone first for your warm wishes and prayers! everything went well, I also had my gall bladder out at the same time so for 2 days I have to say I was pretty miserable with gas and upset stomach. But today I feel like my normal self and ready to get out of here and to the Hotel Lucerna, Looking forward to sitting by the pool, and getting that famous broth everyone talks about. I am so glad this is over with and start a new beginning in my life!!!!!

Debbie

Fabulous news!!! Thanks for the update and be sure to take it easy; don't push yourself. Welcome to the club!!!

YAY Deb!! :D

Congratulations, you've made it through and it is good to hear that you are feeling ok. Sounds like everything went like clockwork.

Now go enjoy the sun and sending nothing but positive thoughts your way!!

Congrats debinaz....sounds like you're well on your way to the loser's bench.

Congrats DebInAZ ... welcome to the losers bench !!! Enjoy the sun and soup... :) ... take it easy ... walk and sip! Healing thoughts sent your way.

Deb, So glad that you had a good surgery experience.

I hope that you enjoy hanging out by the pool :)

Good luck to you in the days and weeks ahead! Move around as much as possible, sip your fluids and get your Protein in. It takes time to do it all so just do what you can each day AND get lots of rest. Your body needs it now.

Thanks so much everyone, we went on a shopping spree yesterday and spent way to much money on stuff I didn't need, LOL but it sure was fun! I got alittle to much sun on my face ( forgot about all the antibiotics ) and did not use sunscreen, didnt even think about it because the weather here didn't get higher than 68, beautiful day!!! Going home today at around noon. I was treated like royalty and had a wonderful experience...but time to go home!

Thanks All....Deb

Congrats Deb on getting your sleeve !! Sounds like it was a very good experiance :)

Deb...have a safe trip home. Take care, go easy on yourself at home. I overdid it a little bit because I felt so good and strained my internal stitches on the largest of the incisions where they pull the excised stomach from. My doctor told me to cut back on activity and REST while I was healing. As good as we may feel, we have fresh incisions that are healing internally and externally. When I would eat, I would also become VERY tired and have to rest for about 1/2 hour. Walking was one of the best ways I gained strength and I walked about a mile every morning while I was recuperating at home.

Good luck!!!

Take care of yourself and rest?!? You have the rest of your thinner life to play.

Prayers for a fast recovery

Hi all. Have not posted for awhile. Been away from the computer, but thought I should check in and see how everyone is doing. I'm down 60 lbs, which is really close to the 1/2 way mark. Bought some size 16 jeans, which I knew would be too small, when I went by a Good will the other day so I would have jeans for later. Decided to try them on after I got home to see how much too small they were, and they fit perfect now! I'm in shock. This week-end shopping for something to wear to a wedding in the Middle of December. Thought if I tried on a dress I like, then buy it one size too small, that should fit by December. Any thoughts on this plan?

Thanks, Kathy

It's November, good luck to all my fellow November sleevers! Mine is on the 6th.

hi, everyone, i,m 54 and getting sleeved this month, i hope. did anybody have health issues before, like being on blood thinners. i,m a little nervous going off my blood thinners for 7 days. would love to hear if anyone else had any health issues, and how they dealt with it........thank you.......saddie

hi' date=' everyone, i,m 54 and getting sleeved this month, i hope. did anybody have health issues before, like being on blood thinners. i,m a little nervous going off my blood thinners for 7 days. would love to hear if anyone else had any health issues, and how they dealt with it........thank you.......saddie[/quote']

Hi, Saddie-

I am also 54 and was sleeved on 8/02. I did not take blood thinners, but I did take NSAID for arthritis pain in my ankle and shoulder for several years before my surgery. I had no problems with my surgery at all. I did go off of those meds 21 days before surgery. My Dr. gave me a shot of blood thinner before my surgery to help prevent blood clots but I did not take injections for days like some people have to. You will more than likely get an injection the day of your surgery.

I wish you the best with your surgery!

Gosh its been 11 days since surgery.. I can't believe how time is flying now, before surgery it felt like time was standing still. For the past two days we have had company and of course I had to cook, our visitor is a single widower that loves my cooking soooo, I thought OK lets see how this works. I have to say it really didn't bother me a bit, I was really surprised, and of course I made my favorite things, and I was taken back at how it really didn't bother me!!! So I was wondering does this happen to everyone?

I haven't gotten on a scale yet, only because I don't have one...hahaha...I have ordered one and its supposed to come in today its called Eat Smart, its supposed to be the most accurate one on the market this year, we will see. I was wondering if anyone here has used this scale and how do you like it.

Also I'm proud to announce that nothing so far bothers me, milk, coffee, Protein Drinks, everything tastes the same and I don't seem to have any intolerance's...am I weird? or what?... it seems everywhere you look on this site you read I can't stand this, or this hurts my tummy, or this doesn't taste good anymore, anyone else? or am I the odd ball out here? just wondering :D

Debbie