Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July 2006 Band Crew

Nannerpudding: Does the doctor use fluro with the fill?

Paulax: Thanks....I've forgiven myself....it's a new day.

Beth: Well, thankfully, we can move on and everyday is a new one.

Glad we are getting rain and basically I've lounged all day. Went to church last night so today was a true lazy day of sleeping, watching t.v. and just relaxing.

Hey guys! I have not posted around in a while but wanted to check in.

Ready2 - everyone has a moment of weakness. Mine was going to Stone Cold Creamery and getting a small blend of coffee ice cream and birthday cake flavored ice cream mixed with caramel...oh wait I did it again at Ben & Jerry's! It is good you recognized this and are moving forward. I had my weakness when I needed a fill. Now a 100 calorie bag of Cheez-its fills me up!

Also, Stesti and are on on a nice path and have lost aprox 40lbs each! yes, we need to change our tickers.

Here is a photo of us last week at an event:

The jeans I have on here now fall off of me! I am getting a waist!!

Septemberandbeforepic.jpg

Hi Julysters:

Thanks to all of you for your kind words. I keep saying I think I was absent in school the day they taught you how to handle these stressful things. My mantra is I have options, I have options. There is NOTHING that strikes more fear in my heart than thinking I am out of options.

You know Mary I read your post earlier (about the confession) and started thinking that I have a habit of once you eat a little something how easy it is to eat the whole thing. Kinda like Beth's story about the sopapillas. The other night I had put some of my DH's favorite candy on a plate and not even thinking popped one in my mouth. It must have been the sugar. I ate 6. I sat and thought about it and decided I am not one to ban certain foods (unless they could get stuck) from my life. I swear I will go crazy and eat 20 times a normal amount. Can a person be OCD about food??? I wonder if they dissected an obese person's brain would they find a bowl of sugar in the core. That bowl that constantly needs filling????

Got out of the house today and DH and I went to a local German park for Octoberfest. I had a small portion of veal, ate a little potato pancake with applesauce and tasted a bite of DH's dessert....something called beehive made with custard, orange zest and almonds. I am not much of a drinker so I passed on the German beer (even though it tastes better at Octoberfest....lol). I thought about those choices too. Maybe a trick "normals" know and I never did is it's all about moderation???

Okay guys....have a lovely week and who wants to bet Michelle is combing her files for the wildest, off-the-wall pic she can find???? Go girl!!!

Kari- feel better!!!! Even warm things don't soothe??? Ouch on the scratchy throat!!

Stesti- I am embarassed to say I am not familiar with Bobbi Brown make-up. Is it only sold at certain stores??? I know who Bobby Brown is but I don't think he does make-up even though he should try to "make-up" with Whitney b/c he is losing his gravy train!!

Beth- there is NOTHING in life nicer than bed/rain combo!!!! Enjoy!!!

Stephanie- your fill story is horrible. Yikes....I know the thought of another fill doesn't thrill you!!!

My brain has forgotten who else I wanted to respond to.....guess I need to write them down...so my love and kisses to all.

Ruthie

Great picture!!! I can tell that you have lost weight. I can see it in your faces and chins and waists. You guys look great. I don't think that I look any different. But I will try to take a picture this week if I can and figure out how to post it.

Mary do you live in Texas? If you do I think that is cool. I am in Fort Worth.

Hello to all!

Well, I just got back from dropping off my son. yuck, I got misty eyed quite a few times, but did not totally break down and cry, yet. The worst part is walking around the house and seeing the stuff that he left, and baggingg it up. I know he'll be back at Thanksgiving, but man, that is a long way away.:faint:

Anyhow, we (DH) and I did a terrible job of eating on the trip, although DH got a fill last Tuesday, up to 7.1 in a 10 cc band:nervous , and is now experiencing restriction. I think the travelling messed with weightloss.

Right now I'm waiting for TOM to start so I can start loosing weight again. I think I'm gonna schedule a fill for Oct. 7th. I can now eat a least double what Hubby can, and that is embarrassing!

Challenge: Everyone should try to get in SOME exercise at least 3X this week of at least a half an hour. Let's keep track, if I'm not accountable in any way, I won't do it, especially cause the rain is coming back here too.

Hi all, I'm a july 17th bandster and need some support.

I've had two fills now ("standard" band 4cc) with a total of 1.5cc. I still can eat quite a bit and honestly I am a bit discourage. I'm trying to stay focused but really my diet stinks now because I'm discouraged. I keep trying to tell myself(and others have too) this will work, you just have to get to the "sweetspot". THIS WILL WORK, RIGHT??? I know the band is a tool and I"m responsible for the rest.

Words of encouragement and wisdom are very welcome.

Btw, Have any of you experienced hiccups while eating? I ate some chicken tonight and got the hiccups and then the dreaded pb. Not the first time I had the hiccups while eating though.

Hey, gotta agree with the bowl of sugar in the core of my brain...That's got to be the issue...yup...that's it...needed a fill...lol!! Okay...I NEED A FILL IN MY BAND!! I NEED RESTRICTION!!! But, if I keep coming here and try and fit in exercise 3x this week...I'm gonna do it...I can wait on my fill Oct. 7!!!

BGP and Stesti: You are looking good girls!! Keep it up!! I also haven't heard of that makeup, but boy would I LOVE A MAKEOVER when I get some more weight off. R ya'll in St. Louis or another Missouri city? I do travel through St. Louis when I drive to Michigan, so hey, I might be able to stop in for a new "me"!! Count me in!! Now, I just need a wardrobe person, too...I could really be on that show where they toss your old clothes and have you shop for new ones. Oh yeah...they would have a heyday in my closet...not just because of the big clothes...but because of my "style" or should I say lack of....lol!!! I'll get there though. I have a few "hip" things, so I'll be fine.

Beth: I live east of denton, so not far. Actually, there is a dfw bandster dinner coming up in Arlington, which would be close for you. Maybe you and hubby can make it to one of those and we could meet. There is a group on yahoo called dfw bandsters and 3 or so times a month meet in different places around metroplex. You can pm me if you want more info!!

Hi all, I'm a july 17th bandster and need some support.

I've had two fills now ("standard" band 4cc) with a total of 1.5cc. I still can eat quite a bit and honestly I am a bit discourage. I'm trying to stay focused but really my diet stinks now because I'm discouraged. I keep trying to tell myself(and others have too) this will work, you just have to get to the "sweetspot". THIS WILL WORK, RIGHT??? I know the band is a tool and I"m responsible for the rest.

Words of encouragement and wisdom are very welcome.

Btw, Have any of you experienced hiccups while eating? I ate some chicken tonight and got the hiccups and then the dreaded pb. Not the first time I had the hiccups while eating though.

MDG: This is a good place to be for encouragement!! We are all here rooting for one another as we "shrink". As far as hiccups, I get them when I've eaten too fast or I'm supposed to stop eating. This has happened a few times to me. Early on, I was very good about stopping as soon as I hiccuped. I had more restriction. chicken has caused me to have hiccups/pb as well. But, I think I ate too big of a bite or too fast. So, chew, chew, chew, and with chicken I think it needs to be moist or add something to it to make it moist. I've heard a lot of people complain about chicken. Tomorrow is a new day and the start of a new week.

Readytobthin,

Thanks for the info.

More questions:

It seems sometimes, the intial couple bites of food don't go down well. They get stuck and after they move through, I can eat pretty much normally. When I say normal, i mean as I did before being banded. Is this restriction? Or am I just eating too fast and not chewing well enough. I think I"m not doing well with chewing and slowing down while eating.

Readytobthin,

Thanks for the info.

More questions:

It seems sometimes, the intial couple bites of food don't go down well. They get stuck and after they move through, I can eat pretty much normally. When I say normal, i mean as I did before being banded. Is this restriction? Or am I just eating too fast and not chewing well enough. I think I"m not doing well with chewing and slowing down while eating.

I experience that same thing! At least before I was on a liquid diet again. The first couple bites and I feel like they get kinda stuck and then I can feel them pass through and then I can eat a lot more. Hmm whats up with that?

MDG - I have had that problem too. I think we get too hungry and the first couple of bites we tend to eat faster and chew less. I have had problems after a couple of bites and I have to stop and wait for awhile until it goes down and then I can eat the rest. I try to remember when I start to eat to eat it slow and chew more but most of the time I am so hungry I forget. So we should try to remember to eat slow and chew more right from the beggining. You have come to the right place for encouragement and sympathy. We have big shoulders and big hearts. This is a great group of people to know. I am glad you found us. Good luck and hang in there. We are with you all the way.

Mary, I just have to say thank you so very much for the supportive PM. Im going into the doctor again tomorrow for sure and get this stuff under control.

Hey that a great before and after pic! You guys are so lucky to have each other! I love the fact that you look like such fashionistas! I think I'll have to come with Mary and get a make-over too!! I can definitely see the differance in your wieght loss. Way to go. :)

Baylor mom, you're right regarding both eating too fast and this support group.

Just wanted to clarify :-)

Michelle

Greetings, my friends...it's been a busy day and I'm about to head to bed. Just wanted to check in. I'm doing well since my fill. I've done liquid all weekend. I'll introduce soft foods again tomorrow. My port area where all the stick marks are is sore if I touch it, but there is no bruise yet. I'm sure it will come. Yes, the fill was a rough one, but I figure if that's the worst I go through, then that's not bad. I haven't had any problems whatsoever and I wouldn't let not being able to find the opening to the port discourage me. The best thing I ever did for myself was have this surgery. I can buck up and take a little discomfort.

BGP and Stetsi - you both look fabuloso!! It's great you're doing this together.

I'm going to try the pants that I bought a week and a half ago tomorrow morning and see if they fit any differently. They fit when I bought them, but I didn't like how they felt when I sat down. So I got them and put them away and will periodically test them out. I'm crossing my fingers they work :)