Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July 2006 Band Crew

KARI

i worked in my yard this morning for a couple of hr and then this afternoon my dh called and needed help we have a part time business that can turn in to a nitemare on the weekends we rent the inflatable bounce houses out and we deliver and set them up . my dh didn't get one of the rental down on his calender so he called me to load one in my truck and meet him where it was to be set up the darn things weight about 200 or 300 lbs so you should have seen me struggling to get this think in the back of my truck that was a good 30 min. of pulling and tugging and cussing!!! so i think i met the challenge!!!

susan

Chris, congrats on the continued loss! Glad to hear school is going good and I'm sure you'll relieved when you get your test results.

Beth and Sherri - hang in there. I hate to say it, Sherri, but he is emotionally abusing you. You two need some serious help, or you need to get out...it's hard to think of that in that respect, but geez, I couldn't live with the degrading comments all the time. Search your heart.

My physical activity today was grocery shopping...otherwise I've been in my craft room making cards for my card club next week.

I've been in here since 7pm, so I'd better go out and hang with the hubby for a while. Have a great night, all!

Glad to hear that you have had a good day. Hubby and I are now talking. He doesn't even know that I was mad at him all day. I guess that is good because I am kind of over being mad at him and we avoided a fight which never leads anywhere. I think that next time I am mad maybe I ought to try this again. I did good on my eating today. I haven't had a chance to do the challenge but maybe I can get in the pool tomorrow. We have had a little cool front come through and it has been too cool to get in the pool. I am off to bed with my book. Talk to ya'll tomorrow.

Kari,

I went for a nice long walk this evening. About an hour and a half. Had to wait for the rain to stop but at least it wasn't 100 degrees.

Bought myself a new outfit from the mall. I went down a full pant size, so that is very exciting. Thought I deserved something new to wear to work.

Chris, way to lose the weight. My DH has "only" lost 40, but he is getting a refill on Tuesday, so hopefully he'll start losing like you are.

Hey way to go everyone who met the challenge! And a big yay to Jane! I went for a walk with the family yesterday so I met it too.

Today I have a super bad sore throat and earache ughh. I never get sick so this royally sucks. I might hop on into the emergency room in case its strep throat, I've already met all my deductibles and copays for the year as I had a baby in April. So I figure why suffer for an extra day if I don't have to lol.

Hi Guys,

Everone seems to be having a tough time at the moment and yet theres still lots of positive weight losses going on....well done to all!!

I don't know if Ive lost anything this week as i've had sciatica in my back and have had tos tay away from the gym for a week and thats where i get weighed. I'm going to try and go tuesday so will hopefully have lost then!!

I've also had a tough week this week, a relative has passed away and this has raised old hurts and wounds within the family and i am really stressing about it. Also, although I knew it was coming i'm being made redundant at work on 22nd September, so need to find a new job, although i'l still be working as a consultant from home until the end of October. My mother has a broken shoulder and my dad had an op for carpal tunnel last week so they are both incapacitated at the moment and are relying on me to help a lot.. and at this moment in time I feel sooooo tired and I know thats how I usually feel when things become too much for me to cope with..

But I'l be ok, once I get this coming week out of the way.

On a positive note - i had 2 NSV's this last week. the first one was on wednesday i was standing making a cup of tea at work with my back to the room and one of the girls asked me when I was going to get some trousers that fit!! because the ones I have been wearing for work are dropping off me, I don't need to loosen them to pull them up or down!!

The 2nd one was on friday i tried on some denim cutoffs that I had in the wardrobe and they fit perfectly and when i checked they were 2 sizes smaller!! I was jumping for joy!! and it was nice to wear something that fits rather than hangs!!

i didn't realise loosing weight would cause me to moan about not having anything to fit!! but it's a good feeling...

Hello all,

I went for my fill Friday and I think everything went great. I throughly enjoyed the 7 yr old National Geographic in the waiting room. Did you guys know they're expecting some unrest in the middle east in the next few years? Anyway I thought I'd give a synopsis of my experience:

Me lying on xray table draped-Dr. walks in...

Dr:ranger:(looking at screen)"Okay can you check the magnification, great- a little to the left, no too far, little to the right ok now can you make it wide screen?"

Me:"Did you just call me fat?"

Dr:"Of course not"

Me:"I'm just kidding please don't stick me with large bore needles.":crazy:

few minutes later...

Doctor has acsessed my port:

Dr:"lets drink the yucky stuff"

Me"(gagging) okay:spit:

Dr."That looks a little too tight I'm gonna take some saline out, WOW Michelle you have a great esophagus!"

Me"You're not the first guy to tell me that!"

Radiologist and techs snickering...

Dr:nervouslooking around room smiling nervously)Thinking:note to self -no more lap bands for mental patients":behindsofa:

Chris: I am officially jealous of your testerone induced wt loss. I'm sure that you attention to diet and exercise has nothing to do with your magnificent wt loss and the only reason I haven't lost as much is because I have ovaries. And I melt milky ways with ice cream and drink them while lying on the couch regularly but those are the only 2 reasons. (Really I think it's great and you should be very proud-it's sounds like you are taking good care of yourself and I definitely need lessons on that. Keep on inspiring us!!!):thumb:

Okay joke for the day: :D :scared: :scared: :rolleyes:

WHY PARENTS DRINK......

A boss wondered why one of his most valued employees had not phoned in sick one day. Having an urgent problem with one of the main computers, he dialed the employee's home phone number and was greeted with a child's whisper.

Hello."

"Is your daddy home?" he asked.

Yes," whispered the small voice.

May I talk with him?"

The child whispered, "No."

Surprised and wanting to talk with an adult, the boss asked, Is your Mommy there?

" Yes."

May I talk with her?"

Again the small voice whispered, "No."

Hoping there was somebody with whom he could leave a message, the boss asked, "Is anybody else there?"

Yes," whispered the child, "a policeman"

Wondering what a cop would be doing at his employee's home, the boss asked, "May I speak with the policeman?"

No, he's busy", whispered the child.

Busy doing what?"

Talking to Daddy and Mommy and the Fireman," came the whispered answer.

Growing more worried as he heard what sounded like a helicopter through the earpiece on the phone, the boss asked, "What is that noise?"

A helicopter" answered the whispering voice.

What is going on there?" demanded the boss, now truly apprehensive.

Again, whispering, ;the child answered, "The search team just landed in the helicopter."

Alarmed, concerned and a little frustrated the boss asked, What are they searching for?"

Still whispering, the young voice replied with a muffled giggle: "ME".

OMG,

Michelle that is soooo funny!

You must be a hoot to be around on a regular basis.

I went for a long walk today with my two dogs. Neither walks well at all on a leash, so I couldn't walk very fast or risk death as they both worked their hardest to trip me up, or stop and smell every blade of grass in the city.

Indian, sorry about all the family and job stuff, that is tough, why does everything bad seem to happen at the same time. But the shorts, wow, 2 sizes, excellent.

Stephanie,

I just noticed, you've lost 51 lbs! WOW. Not only do you never have to say 300 again, you don't even have to say 290! Way to go girl!

:update: :update: :update:

Hello everyone!

It has been so long since I have posted but here I am. I am going for fill number 2 on Sept. 18th.. and I need it. I can eat but am trying very hard not too. I have been successful about 85% of the time. (overeating that is) No PBs as of late so that is a great thing. My clothes are getting so big and loose and I have fit into some jeans that I haven't worn in a long time so I am happy about that. Have not been on a scale for awhile so will wait until I go for the fill.

As for my life, things couldn't be better! I am getting married next year! Probably in the fall. I am very happy about that turn of events. Yippee! This is my second marriage and his first. Neither of us have children but will be getting on that wagon shortly after we get married. We both would like 2 the Lord willing.

That is all for now guys.. working early hours this month so have to hit the sack. Nite Nite!

Love,

DonnaMarie :D

Stephanie,

I just noticed, you've lost 51 lbs! WOW. Not only do you never have to say 300 again, you don't even have to say 290! Way to go girl!

THANKS!!! I'm pretty stoked about it...I wish it weren't taking so long to say goodbye to 280! I go next Friday for a check-up and maybe a wee bit more fill.

Congratulations on your impending wedding DonnaMarie!! How exciting for you. Just think - you'll be smaller by the time you walk down that isle :D

I'm having a garage sale next weekend - all my 4X's are going in the sale. I'm comfortably in my 3X's heading toward 2X's, so I'm getting rid of everything except one pair of pants and one shirt for my "before" clothes.