Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July 2006 Band Crew

A BIG Welcome to you laura-loo!!! Sounds like you are having great success so far with your band!!! We are happy to have you join us July Bandsters!!!

CHRIS: WOW!!! AWESOME WEIGHTLOSS!!! You've inspired me to start my "training". I've been swimming in my pool, but today will meet with a friend whose hubby does personal training and Tai Chi (hoped I spelled that correctly). I'm gonna jump on the exercise bandwagon!!

Good for you Mary. After awhile you really start enjoying working out, and you feel great the whole next couple of days. It seems to really accel the weight loss (for me anyways).

My advice for working out is to just stick with it, you will be sore after your first couple workouts but it gets better.

Trust me :girl_hug:

Beth (or anyone else interested) as promised here is the person's e-mail address to request a teal colored "I'm with the band" Bracelet (similar to the yellow Lance Armstrong one). When I sent him a request I listed my date of surgery, hospital and Doctor just to verify I was banded. He will probably e-mail you that he has mailed it. It is free from Inamed (however you spell it!) that makes the lap-band.

Mills_Don@allergan.com

Hope this helps!

Ruthie

Ruthie,

I'm sorry to hear you are stuck in Jursea. I used to live in Marietta before I moved to Knoxville, I've been here for 18yrs and I love it.

True story: My daughter was riding with a friend's parents and they asked where her parents were from. She says "My mom moved alot and my dad's from New York" They said "Oh so your mom married a yankee?" She says "no he doesn't really like baseball."

I was so proud. I bought her a shirt that says "I'm too pretty to do math"

She won't wear it-ungreatful child.

Alright peoples.I need a pep talk/a$$ kickin.:whip:

Last night I went out with some friends to Celebrate my upcoming birthday:party: and we went to the Melting pot (fondue resturant) I figured it's my BD I'll eat what I want. 4 courses:lunch::girl_hug::lunch::grouphug: and 1 raspberry martini:cocktail: later I was praying for someone to poke a hole in me to deflate my stomach. I felt so bloated :boom:and yucky and the food wasn't even that great.

Well except the chocolate fondue(with marshmallows, strawberries,pound cake, brownies to dip into it) Turns out the candle was not meant to be dipped in chocolate and eaten. Does anyone know how to get melted wax out of a pouch? Hypothetically of course.:)

Now I guess BB (before banding) I would have eaten alot more. I still managed to lose 1/2 lb today but what the heck is wrong with me. I felt like I was stuffing food in my mouth like I had been stranded in the Sudan. I feel very ashamed today.:doh:

Tell me I'm not doomed to failure. Please, with melted chocolate on top.

:llama:The llama has nothing to do with this post I just like him. Actually I was wondering what kind of post warrants a dancing llama?

Michelle- a happy Mama, of course deserves a dancing llama. Which you aren't right now so okay....bad, bad Michelle. No sex, laughter, shopping, watching TV, listening to music or football (you live in Knoxville....you would not be allowed in Knoxville if you were not a Vol fan) for 4 days (one for each course). You cannot smile or eat anything that is appealing.

Is that enough punishment? If not, force your 15 year to spend an entire day with only you and the 2 of you have to go shopping for pet food or to a hardware store. THAT would be punishment enough.

Jersey is actually okay. I am just soooooooo far from my family and with my DH's illness sometimes it's just too much. Anyway. Marietta (Muretta) is lovely. My family is east of Atlanta in Gwinnett Co. and Dekalb Co.

Happy Bday btw.

Ruthie

Any victory warrants a dancing llama if you want.

I have had a good day. I went to Applebee's with my mom and got a child plate. It was grilled chicken sandwich and brocolli. I ate some of the brocolli and all of the chicken and some of the bun. It was great and most filling. I did lose 2 pounds this week so I am excited about that since I go back to the doc tomorrow for a follow-up. Next week I am supposed to get a fill which will be great except it really hurts. (My port is on it's side and hard to get to) Hubby has been gone for the evening and I have had a good time just doing what I wanted. Which in this case was watching baseball on TV. I guess we would have done that even if he was home. Oh well it was nice to be alone.

Thanks for the e-mail address for the wrist band. I am going to e-mail him and order one. I am not catching on how to change my ticker so I am going to make another one. I want it to be right. I am going to make it now and then try it out.

Well I just got back from the ER, I have a very bad case of the strep throat. One shot in the butt later and in two days im supposed to feel better. The doc offered to give me some strong pills for pain but im nursing so I had to pass.. bummer. I think my c-section plus my band surgery hurt less than my throat hurts now. Ughh. On a brighter note, I can't eat, so at least im not gaining... although it really sucks to feel horrible hunger pains and not be able to do anything about it. Geez even my brighter notes aren't all that jazzy. Sorry just wanted to let you guys know. Ohhh and don't let me forget, im a total crab right now. So all my posts for the last couple days don't count if I came off bitterchy (minus the ter). Thanks for listening. Love, Me.

OK Michelle and Kari....here's a bunch of hugs and kisses

;) :kiss2: :) :kiss2: :Banane13: :kiss2: :Banane21: :kiss2: .

Michelle....don't beat yourself up so much!!!! Just get Mama back on the llama and ride back to center and "fugget about it"!!! We all have times where we would really like to just step out of our realities and binge, go wild, cross THAT (whatever that is) line, etc. So pick yourself up, brush yourself off and know you had fun (even though you felt miserable later). You still have 3 days of punishment though!!! (lol)

Kari....sweetheart Kari......you couldn't sound bitterchy if you tried!!!!! Besides, isn't that why we come to this place.....to share, explore and walk together on this journey that we have chosen??? Sometimes we may laugh, be charming or grumpy. Take your turn sistah!!!!!

Okay, must go drive to school in this pouring NJ rain and try to find calm in a classroom that was turned upside down this summer (hey, I found my textbooks....yea!!!!) and try to somehow feel like I am making headway through my curriculum in the middle of chaos. Have a lovely day all.

Ruthie

Haven't checked in for awhile. I feel like I get lost on this HUGE thread, but do want to monitor my own progress.

Banded July 21, lost a lot the first month, stabilized the next few weeks and now I am feeling the restriction of my first fill and the weight is starting to move again.

YEA! I am also walking 45 minutes a day, up a hill and down a hill. I think that is helping both my mental attitude and my weight loss.

Weigh in tomorrow, but as of today, I am down to 248 from 280...yipee!

Okay July people,

I'm flipping out and cried after I got on the scales today. I've been losing so well, about 4 pounds per week. Yesterday my T.O.M. came and I hadn't weighed in two days so last night before going to bed I weighed and OMG, I have gained 5 pounds. How in this world did this happen. I have a band and this is not suppose to happen. Now what do I do?