Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July 2006 Band Crew

Beth - you are just too sweet to ask!! It was great...the 6th graders started today...they looked so SMALL!! There are 5 6th grade classes in our wing and each one took a tour to my office. I explained to them about signing in if they are late, making sure to bring notes from their parents if they are late, NOT asking me what time it is when they sign in (the clock is behind them and they can turn around and look), and if they get four unexcused tardies they will have after school detention (I saw a lot of eyes get pretty wide when I said that!). Then I explained the discipline procedure and told them that my office is a welcoming place and they can just stop by and say hello, too. It doesn't always have to be the place they go when they get in trouble.

Tomorrow the 7th and 8th grade start. I know all of those kids already, so it will be fun to see them again.

Thursday we have a meet & greet from 5p - 7p for the kids to bring their parents to meet their teachers. I'll be there in my office, too.

My son started his freshman year of high school today. It was a great day and he was very excited. I'm hoping his enthusiasm stays...he seemed to be excited about each of his classes. Tomorrow they merge the 9th grade with 10th - 12th, so the halls will be much more crowded than today.

That's about all of my day in a nut shell. I should go to bed, but I wanted to check in first.

KARI - you go girl!! Your pictures rock!! I'll have to post a picture or two of me this weekend when I have more time. Tomorrow's another weigh day for me, so we'll see where I'm at.

BETH - hope you feel better! My DH is sick with congestion and a sore throat today. We can't figure out where he picked up the germs...everyone we can think of that he's been around hasn't been sick. He took Nyquil and went to sleep at 9pm tonight.

Hubby went to work today and I am off to the store. I am feeling much better today. I only lost 1 pound so I am not very happy about that. Next week I go back to the doctor and I am going to ask for another fill. I hope he has time to fit me in. I haven't eaten very healthy since I was sick but today is a new day and I am off to buy us some good food to eat. So I hope to lose next week.

How was the rest of you teachers first day?

It is great to see fun on this thread again!! I think we all got a little down right after banding.

Stesti - what a dirty dog he was/is!! You are so much better off. But I agree, date now sister!! International night is tomorrow right?!!:(

MPRN - thanks for the laughs!

Anyone having any skin issues? I usually have clear skin, with some redness but am noticing little bumps popping up. I am assuming it is form working out and since our skin is part of our excretory system (big word for no coffee yet!) it makes sense. Plus the hormone changes.

Or maybe I am just getting adult onset acne - YEA for me!!

Hi Guys:

Stephanie- glad you had a good start. Sounds like you could be the Principal with your instructions to the students. LOL...as I have said we teachers all know who REALLY runs the school anyway!!! The Secretaries!!

Beth- yea for the one pound. Hey, it's one pound. 4 sticks of butter. Better off than on. Hope you have fun at the store...I am one of those weird people who love to food shop. Guess you could say I LOVE food.....oh gee, I am overweight. I guess one could tell. LOL

My school year starts tomorrow :nervous !!! I guess I am the old geezer in our LBT July circle. I will be starting my 29th year. :omg: :omg: :omg: Holy Cow!!! Wasn't I JUST wearing my Farrah Fawcett shag hair-do???? Students start Monday, 9-11. We had major construction going on this summer so I fully expect to be kicking aside the sawdust. Thursday and Friday are dedicated to listening to the same speeches we listen to every year. Time to actually get our classrooms together??? HA

And speaking of 9-11.....if you are of the mindset.....please remember to fly the flag! My school is 15 minutes from Ground Zero so I will remember that day forever. What a horrific day for the students who's parents worked in the financial district where WTC was. All cell phone towers went down with the collapse so no one could get in touch with anyone. Anyway....God bless those families involved in WTC, Pentagon and the plane crash in PA.

Hey you guys the sun is FINALLY shining in New Jersey today!!!! NO MO RAIN!!!!!! Oh happy day!!!!!

:( to all you guys!!

Ruthie

ruthie

i have a few yrs on you i have been cleaning teeth for the last 33 yrs and i'm glad you teachers have all the little darlings back in class so things will slow down at our dental office!!! i plan on retiring in 7yrs i'll be 60 and will have cleaned teeth for 40 yrs!!!!

slowly losing,

susan

Ericsmom-you keep those middleschoolers in line!!I would love to have someone like you in our office-our current secretary is a woman named Johnnie with a crew-cut like hairdo who seems uncertain about the number of "x"'s in her chromosonal make-up and bitter that the Navy Seals wouldn't let her try out.(just speculation)

I went to drop off something for my DD the other day and a new volunteer asked for my license-I told her that Johnnie knew me (I've volunteered at the school for the last SIX years) Johnnie looks at me and says "Yeah I know ya but you still have to go get your ID."

Now um, I hate to point out the obvious but uh isn't ID to prove you are who you say you are????if you've known me for SIX years either I deserve an Oscar or you're just an unhappy person who likes tormenting Mothers. I pick B.(ps they didn't even check it against her emergency card)

Ruthie:how is your hunger/satisfaction level after your fill?? Maybe it's too early to tell...I want to eat everything in sight right now, I hoping my fill will help.

Beth:are you okay? You seem kinda down lately-I know being sick can throw you off so hopefully you're on the mend. Sending *****mental chicken Soup******

chicken-fs.jpg

Michelle- I had a little mushie food (1/2 c broth from minestrone, about 1/4 cup baked Beans and about 5 small bites of watermelon) this afternoon for the first time and it filled me up. Thank goodness!!!! We went to an end of the summer picnic and they passed out ice cream and stuff but I was fine not having any. Pre-fill I had gotten to a point I felt I could eat like pre-surgery if not more!!!!!

Hang in. Just chew on your husband's arm or something. That might help the hunger panges!!

Ruthie

Thanks for asking Michelle. I am much better today. I have had a good day so far. I got us some food to eat at the store so maybe I can lose some more weight. I was down because I was sick and I thought that I would surely lose more weight than I did. I hope when I go back to the doctor I can get another fill. Can you get them a month apart? I just feel hungrier everyday. I hope not. I am trying to only eat 1/2 cup of food but it is hard. I want more. Well I got to get things going so I can get food on the table for tonight. Talk to ya'll later.

Hey everyone! I'm back!!! lol Sorry I've been gone, its been soooo busy! I moved into my 4th floor walk-up on Monday and started school today! Since my fill on Aug 14th, I've lost 11.5 pounds! Being in NYC has really made me jumpstart my weightloss... in the past 2 days, I've lost 4 pounds! I am really exercising now... always using the stairs, and running up and down my 4th floor walk-up to get moving! I start my movement class on Friday and am going out dancing again this weekend. I even had a few drinks last night and was fine... I know not to overdo it though, and I did get tipsy on 2 drinks instead of the normal 4 or so. Other than that, life is going pretty good... I just hope the weight keeps falling off like it has in the past few days. Honestly though, I do not think I am eating enough. Here is what I had today: 1 cup OJ, 1 large coffee - skim milk,

5oz ground beef with BBQ Sauce, 1/2 ounce mozzerella cheese, then the same for dinner. I'm just not hungry! I forget to eat a lot of the time, but I am drinking the Water. I only remember to eat because I have designated times to eat because of classes. I love this fill!!! More later!

stephanie - talk about small 5th grades, try the 3 & 4 yo and K kids. god they;re cute!!! school stareted today with K screenings and as a professional SLP and special educator...i am in BIG trouble this year. ugh! i'm not sure who is worse the kids or the parents?!? but they sure are cute!!:(

beth - if you don;t feel like cooking while you're sick Boston Market has great chix soup! feel better soon!

susan and ruthie - don't worry about the 60 in 7 years - 60 is the new 30! besides with all this wt loss you're both going to look 20 anyway!

july lb'ers are the BEST!

dez

We started back on Tuesday. I greeted 81 6th graders. Yes, they are small. I"ve been trying to be good, I am so tired when I get home, and unfortunately, hungry. Yuck. I might need another fill soon, but I have to drop my son off a college next week, so it will have to wait.

I also broke down and got lasik eye surgery on Friday. I figured seeing as I am now to the point I can write these medical expenses off, I better do it all at once. Anyway, I am now in bandster hell and lasik hell, who would have figured.

I lose 6 lbs in 2 days after my fill, and have lost nothing since. I know I shouldn't be bothered, but of course I am. Also, my vision corrected to 20/40 in one eye and 20/30 in the other, and since I am a picky picky person (who knew?) I am going crazy at not being able to see EVERYTHING perfectly. They can't correct it further for 3 months, cause I guess I have to heal. HUMMMMM this is sounding very familiar!

Anyway, school has started and I am excited about the new opportunities ahead. My youngest started his sophomore year, and as I said, my older boy goes off to college on the 15th.

OH yeah, I also had my first PB on Monday. Naturally, I waited until I was STARVING to eat cause I was too busy and then Panda EXpress Orange chicken sounded so good. BACK AWAY FROM THE CHICKEN! 3 bites later, I learned my lesson and my son got a nice lunch.

I hope everyone else is enjoying this wonderful, exciting time. I still haven't figured out Breakfast, falling into the old habit of a Grande Carmal Mocha. Man, those are good. but alas, no Protein.< /p>

Thanks Ruthie, I'm afraid he might take that to be some sort of foreplay...:(

Jane-my oldest started college on the 28th. It was surreal taking him to the same buildings I went to. Not as bad as graduation though-I cried through the whole thing, I just couldn't stop. Yesterday he declared that college is cool dude.:D I am also a bad breakfaster. I've been buying low carb Protein Bars to grab or slim fast low carb shakes-19g Protein and only like 5 carbs. I find my metabolism works better when I eat regularly. Like every 10 minutes.:hungry:

Leona-good to have you back. What are you majoring in?? (besides losing weight... way to go!!):)

Michelle,

God I hope I don't cry. Josh will be soooo mad. He is just a baby ya know, I started him in kindergarden when he was 5, so he just turned 18. Boo hoo.

then again, some days its see ya later, don't let the door hit ya in the butt!

Jane- Can you see? I had that surgery (Lassik) ten years ago and I still have perfect vision. I think it was one of the best things that I have ever done. I wore glasses/contacts since 3rd grade. Sometimes your vision can even out over time. I hope that is the case with you so you won't have to have more surgery.

Is your son going far away from home? If not, he will be home when he needs his clothes washed. Mine did.

Breakfast suggestion: South Beach Breakfast Bar... has 10 gr of Protein. It tastes good to me and you have to eat it slow. I eat them everyday. Check them out. You can eat them on the go. You do have to chew alot but think of it as exercise for your jaw.

Nighty night all. Talk to you tomorrow.

Someone needs to help me change my tickerfactory thing. I have tried all of your suggestions and none has worked.