Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July 2006 Band Crew

Breakfast always seems like such an ordeal for me - do I drink my Water so I can have coffee right away...but then I have to wait 30 minutes to eat..ugh!

So the past few days I have either drank coffee first thing then worked out then had breakfast when I got back home, or drank a 1/2 litre just after waking up then kept busy for a while then have breakfast. I have been eating 1 kraft mozzerella & cheddar stick and some cantalope, it keeps me full until lunch.

Another thing I made today - I took 1/4 cup of grated parmesean cheese sprinkled it into 4 small piles then put them in the oven for a few minutes until they looked crispy. All 4 have 100 calories, 9 grams of protien and 3 grams fat. I do not eat much meat so it is hard to get in my protien.

Yummmm cheese! good idea.

Beth, Josh is going to be about 6 hours away by car. I figure he'll be wearing a lot of dirty clothes.

Those are some great ideas about breakfast. I can drink my mocha for about an hour before it is all finished, maybe I should add some cheese after that? I never have enjoyed breakfast, seem waste when I could sleep an extra 15 minutes.

Yeah, I can see, but I like to read everything and most words are still blurry. Like road signs and stuff, not the computer. Hopefully, it will still even out. I think I just get frustrated too easily. Off to watch a Tivoed "Bones" and drink a crystal light. Oh, one thing I really like for breakfast is the oatmeal in the single servings, just add boiling Water. Its great, but not easy to eat as you drive down the road. Maybe I need to adjust my schedule?

Very funny Colleen!!!!! I'm trying to resist International Night.....Nothing but Trouble! :couch2:

Welcome back Leona. I'm thrilled to hear you so happy and loosing.

BaylorMom, BigGirl Pantiez and I have our next fill 1 month after out last.

I second that it's nice that everyone's having fun on here again.

Ericsmom-you keep those middleschoolers in line!!I would love to have someone like you in our office-our current secretary is a woman named Johnnie with a crew-cut like hairdo who seems uncertain about the number of "x"'s in her chromosonal make-up and bitter that the Navy Seals wouldn't let her try out.(just speculation)

LOL!! I am totally picturing Johnnie :couch2: I used to work with someone that could probably pass for Johnnie's significant other! I replaced a woman who was crabby a lot and yelled at the kids a lot (from what I hear), so I have to admit that the kids and I get along really well :) Life is to short to be so crabby and mean all the time.

I have to work the meet & greet tomorrow from 5-7 after I work 7:30 - 4, so I'd better get to bed. I'll check in more tomorrow :)

Leona, I love hearing that you are doing so great! Yayyy for you :couch2: I just love your posts in general your life sounds very fun and exciting.

BigGirlPantiez & Jane, Why don't you guys drink a Protein Shake for breakfast? I mean if you have time for real food do that but, if not just grab the shake and go. BGPantiez (whats your name?lol) you could drink the Protein shake quick and then go right to your coffee, you'll probably have more energy for working out. Plus if you are having trouble getting protein in it will help on that too. Im a chocolataholic so I enjoy a chocolate Atkins shake plus one scoop of CHOCOLATE Unjury Protein Powder www.unjury.com. This combo has 35g. of protein in it, and believe me with all that protein its filling. Plus as a bonus it cures my chocolate craving.

Kari - Great photos by the way and my name is Colleen!

I was doing protien shakes daily, but my Dr. is concerned of all of the calories in them, plus shakes do not make me feel full as long. I found one that works pretty well. But I am better with smaller breakfasts as I tend to be a little "tighter" in the mornings.

Although, the EAS chocolate shakes are super yummy!!

Hey 'Colleen' :couch2: Geez its funny how differant doctors have such differant oppinions. My doctor recommends that every breakfast be a shake and then for the rest of the day absolutely no liquid calories. I guess its still a science experiment with the band.

Kari,

My doc recommends the same...protein shake in a.m. and then try to eat food for the rest of the day.

Colleen: Kari told you about that Unjury powder. Well, since I'm not one that loves to drink those Protein Drinks (I find them pretty gross...have tried many), I took the vanilla unjury and added a scoop to skim milk, then added in some chocolate or chocolate fudge sugar free Jello brand pudding mix....didn't measure just sprinkled it in. Now, that's what I drink every morning. It's delicious...tastes like hot chocolate. I ran out of unjury (it is low in calories, low in carbs and 20 grams Protein a scoop), so my hubby bought me some "On 100% whey Gold Standard" He bought it from the Vitamin Shoppe and it has 120 calories, only 3 carbs and 24 grams protein. The flavor is Vanilla Ice Cream, but again, I just added that sugar free pudding mix to make it a chocolate drink. I haven't tried it with anything else yet, but I may try a smoothie tomorrow with strawberries or something.

I had an NSV (nonscale victory) yesterday. I tried on a pair of jeans that just 4 weeks ago, I could barely get up over my Big (but shrinking) ***. Well, I could button them up yesterday!!! I couldn't zip and didn't feel like lying down on the bed to do that (did any of you do that in high school/college?) but the fact that I had them on and buttoned is significant for me!!! By the time it gets colder here they will fit!!! I have 2 pairs to wear as I shrink!!! Yayyy!!! I know only you guys on here can relate to my happiness!!!

Yea Mary!!!! Congrats!!!!! Love those clothes that now fit!!!!!

First day back at school and lots of comments....but I had also told a large circle of friends so I was a curiosity. My personal NSV for the day: I drive the gas efficient car to school (an Accord) even though my knees are at my throat (remember 4 ft legs). I don't use that car during the summer because I use our big ole roomy Van. Welllll.....last year I had not been able to make the seatbelt reach to buckle it (ok our fault for buying a car made by little people) and had to rig something up to connect it. Guess what?????? It connects now. Wahoo baby!!!!

Ruthie

Banded 7-11-06

First fill 9-5-06 (4 ccs)

Kari,

Great idea about the shakes, I was drinking those, but lately they seem clumpy and gross to me. I did eat cheese this morning, and it was pretty nice. By the time I ate it and drove my son to school, he missed the bus, and then made it to my coffee shop, it had been long enough to drink the coffee. then, I really didn't drink much of it and ended up throwing it out.

Mary, congrats on the jeans. I would have (and did when I went to a concert this summer) laid on the bed and zipped them up just to see if they would. Age makes this less comfortable than it used to be, seems like I always wore my jeans tight enough that the only way to get them on was lying down and using a hanger to zip them.

My NSV today was a coworker who stopped me in the hall and said I was "shrinking" (I was wearing heels so I don't think she was talking about my height).

On a slightly sad note, today I wore one of my favorite pair of slacks (they have many of the qualities that Clinton and Stacy talk about on What Not to Wear) and I was swimming in them! Well, I still wore them cause they are about all I have, but if I didn't have my jacket on, they looked ridiculous. I guess I have to take them in and have them altered. I haven't lost enough in inches to fit into most of my smaller stuff, but my bigger clothes look dumb. Oh, the trials. Listen to me complain, what an idiot, I could be getting to big for those clothes like I was before!

Ruthie, great fitting into your little people car. DH always says everything is made for midgets (he is 6'5" ) while I am busy trying to reach the pedals since I'm only 5'2".

Have a great night. We've almost made it through the first week of school here!

Hey guys. I am doing good today. I didn't do much but I don't do much anyway anyday so it is no big deal. I have a phobia that prevents me from driving by myself or going 20 miles from my home comfortably with someone with me. So I stay at home alot. I do go places during the week with my mom if she is available which most of the time she is. I don't want to wear her out though. I go places with hubby on the weekends if he is not sleeping (He has back troubles). He promised me that he would get my car fixed this weekend so I could get out and drive around the neighborhood. That's about all I can do now. Sorry to write such sad stuff but I wanted you guys to know this about me. I don't usually share this with many people. I am hoping that as I lose weight I will feel like doing more and more challengeing things. That is why I get frustrated when I don't lose much. I will get there and I will overcome this phobia. That is why I am home alot. Anyway I hope you all have a great Friday and weekend. My hubby is off tomorrow so I hope we can get some things done.

You guys are the best friends that anyone can have. In fact you are the only friends that I have right now. We are getting back into our church so I hope to make some new friends there. But you guys are the best.

Good night my dearies and I hope you sleep good. I am off to bed with my book.

Yayyy Mary, Jeans are such a victory to fit into! Congratulations. I too was a lay on the bed to zip my pants girl for as long as I can remember until the invention of stretch jeans lol. And I used the hanger method too lol.

Jane, I don't really have anything to say except thanks for mentioning me in your post, you are such a sweet heart. Hey we have something in common, I too am 5 ft. 2 in. and my husband is 6 ft. 4 in. lol. Interesting wedding photos. I wore very high heels. LOL my feet were killing me.

Beth, geez woman thats too bad you have your phobia about leaving your home. Thank goodness you are taking the steps to change your life. I hope that when you get all thin and healthy and HOT HOT HOT you won't be able to resist getting out and about to show yourself off. But at least you will be feeling good about yourself. Im proud of you for trying as hard as you have been and for doing so well. *Big pat on the back* Good going.

Colleen, thanks for the compliment too :o!

Stephanie, you are just doing so good! I bought some LQ meals because you mentioned them, great idea they are working well for me. Thank you. And good job in everything you are doing! *pat on the back*

Ruthie, Yayyy on the seatbelt! Thats excellent and I bet you feel so much safer too. Congratulations.

I just have to say I check this thread every couple of hours during the day and since you've all gone back to working.. I miss ya all.. Im so glad that you are keeping in touch. Now for those who aren't keeping in touch come back come back wherever you are!! Like JMO.. we need an update on you and your hubby! And Arceal guy, whatever became of your testing? Ive been waiting to hear.. and how much have you lost now?

Good Morning all...

I am going for my fill today at 11am. But enough about that-Some how all these years as a fat girl I missed the coat hanger technique-what exactly is that?

I a very familiar with the lie on the bed and hold your breath and pray that the zipper holds through the day.

Before my surgery I had about 5-6 pairs of pants that fit-most of them were missing buttons. I'm surprized I didn't put someone's eye out with the force that they flew off at.

Jane-I love Stacy and Clinton! They're one of the few shows that give advice to all sizes and they are so funny. One of the benefits of too big pants is that I walk around feeling very slim because I keep having to pull them up-now mind you I wear the lovely big girl panties so I look like I'm gangsta with my panties showing above my belt line. Hmmm-maybe I should stop wearing bare midriff tops...

Ruthie-our melting conservationist!!!I drive my soccer mom van everywhere-I usually have 2-3 kids with me so I can't drive my BMW convertible-yeah right -:car:oh I just drifted away at the thought of me driving around, wind blowing in my hair, wayfarers on baby and then I'm rudely interrupted by someone throwing legos at me. I know you're jealous.

Beth-thanks for sharing with us. There's another thread on here about secret eating that has been really cathartic for me. I thought I was so alone in my piles of fast food wrappers in the car but alas I'm not and neither are you.We love you:grouphug:

Hi all. Just checking in to see how everybody is doing. I'm 6 weeks post-op today and haven't lost anything in several weeks. I have lost a total of 16 pounds. I was really hoping my first fill (one week ago) would kick in and the restriction would start but so far I can't tell the difference between now and the day before surgery (i.e. wide open, always hungry). I'll be scheduling my second fill for the end of the month and it can't come soon enough. My scars are nicely healed but rather vivid in colour due to my very pale skin colour :-( I'm off on an Alaskan cruise in 1 week so that ought to be a dining challenge!

Marie

Hey everyone,

Sorry I haven't posted in the last few days. I've still got my granddaughter and now my husband is treating me like a real jerk because I've got the baby all of the time. We had the worse fight today. We've been married 25 years and builing a huge new home and the kids are grown and when things should be going the greatest, they suck. 2 days before his parents 25 wedding anniversary his dad broke it to us to cancel it because he's been living with a girl half his age and is going to marry her. It really did something mentally to my husband. His Mom has been married 3 times and doesn't even socialize with us, she's kinda weird and my family is not all that better, they've not been divorced but they ag things on. I just don't know what to do. We argued today and his first words out of his mouth every single time we argue is I think we need a divorce. It hurts so bad, He doesn't think people can agrue, it's either happy, happy, happy or divorce. I'm at my wits end. I just wanted to take me about 10 zanex and go to bed. Mind you I don't do drugs but they gave them to me before surgery and I've only taken a couple. But, I've cried for 3 days and every time I eat it gets stuck, what is up with that, it never use to get stuck. I was losing great now it's been almost 2 months and I've only lost 35 pounds. I'm just ready to give up. Sorry about the post but I just need some words of encouragement, bad.

Love you all,

Sherri