Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July 2006 Band Crew

Hi:

Thanks for the encouraging words. BGP surprised me with the pictures of us. I feel so lucky to share this experience with her. I can't imagine how scary it would be to go through this alone. I can call her and ask if she's had some weird band thing happen and then I feel so much better when she's had a similar experience. LOL We tend to be on the dramatic side. Surprising, I know. :)

Bobbi Brown is a Makeup Artist brand. Bobbi is a woman and you can see her on the Today Show alot. She specializes in more of a natural look and feels that every woman is beautiful. I'd be happy to do anyone's makeup if your passing through St Louis!

As for exersize, I think it's a great challenge to work out at least 3 times this week. I packed my gym bag for tomorrow and am ready to go.

Hope you all have great weeks!!!

Stefani

Kari-when you go back to the doctor you might want to ask for "magic mouthwash" . :spit:It's prescription used for severe oral pain. The mixture varies but usually includes: Benadry,Maalox/mylanta,carafate(coating agent),lidocaine viscous(numbing agent) and sometimes a steriod(swelling)

Don't worry too much about your breast milk production. It'll probably come back up to speed. I've nursed all 4 of my kids (and I have the retired hooters pic to prove it) and remember even if it doesn't your baby will still be happy and beautiful, unlike my boobs.:)

Stetsi/bgp: Forget about 'what not to wear' coming to our convention-you guys can direct us-you both look beautiful.Even your eyebrows!!:):Banane23:

I'm stuck again. I keep losing and gaining the same 1-2lbs.:D Maybe I'm losing inches but I'm afraid to get out the tape measure. This would really require me to know those numbers which would lead me to compare them to my DH's(34) and my DS (32). I fear my upper thigh is bigger than this.:violin:

Do you guys ever look a sports stats -i.e. :boxing:Boxing wt and football wt? I look at these huge guys and think-I'm bigger than him. Much smarter than him, but still bigger. Hmmm. Maybe it's brain weight. There is actually ( I swear I'm not making this up)a guy on UT's team named Jim Bob Cooter. I weigh more than him. Yep-more than Jim Bob.:Cry::Cry::Cry::Cry::Cry:

Ready2be - let Stef and I know when you are coming in town, we would love to take you for your makeover! Oh and we know all the cheap places to shop so it looks like you spent a lot of $$!!

Thanks for your kind words guys, it is so suprising to me to see and feel the transformation I am going through.

hi all! it's been ages since i was on..new school year, 2 broken computers and the caseload from hell. i have n idea if i have ost, gained or stayed the same!!! i go in next wed for a fill and follow up. people are beginning to notice but i think i look the same. i did go thru my closet and am getting rid of a ton of clothes (i shop too much!) but not ready to buy new stuff yet. maybe for christmas! :) we should have our new aptop soon so good luck til then!

dez

bgp and step...you look gorgeous and what beautiful women you are!! You also are positive people and I am sure inspirations to all who come into your life.

Michelle...one of the few times in my life I ever felt small (remember I am a tall woman...6'2") was when I had taken a bunch of 7th graders to Washington DC and was looking for 2 of the wild things in the hotel. Redskins were having a mini-camp at the hotel and were on break. While looking for wild thing 1 and 2 I had to walk down a hall lined on both sides with these monster linemen (I was single then....I could have stayed all day..hmmmm). It amazes me too I probably weigh the same as some of them and they make 10 times the $$ I do. Let me out on that field and I will knock a few heads but please, don't mess up my nails. Even we old girls know to put on the primp.

Stephanie...I have the 11cc (I thought it was 10 but surgeon said 11) and had a fill of 4ccs and I need more!!!! I could have eaten a horse last night...old stress eating stillllllll there.

Okay girlie girls and Chris......day one with new caregiver and all seemed smooth sailing. 363 to go before retirement....lol. I will not sigh a sigh of relief until we make it a week, then 2, then 3, then a month. THEN, maybe a little itty bitty tinsy weeny sigh.

Love ya'll...

Ruthie

Okay, how is everyone doing with the exercise challenge today?:guess

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p> </o:p>

I walked for 40 minutes with my Boston terrier. My puppy, Emma,( a Lhasa Opso), wanted to come too, but if I walk the two together they try their hardest to trip me up. Anyway, I could hear her barking and whining as I walked K.C., so I might have to take her for a short walk to make up for it.:P

<o:p> </o:p>

Stephanie- my hubby has 7.1 in a VG band, and he is really restricted, which he really likes. He needs the negative reinforcement when he eats something he shouldn’t, like nacho cheese flavored Doritos.;)

Michelle, break out the tape measurer, it is very encouraging, just don’t compare yourself to ANYONE, hide the list if you have to. :eek: When I realized I had lost 5 inches off my belly, wow! That made me feel great, it didn’t matter that the scale wasn’t moving. Okay, I’m a liar, it mattered, but at least I could say to myself that I had lost 5 inches.

I always wonder why the inches go away faster than the pounds. You know how they say when you exercise and don’t lose weight that you are gaining muscle. Well, I must be the most muscular person in the world because I rarely lost weight working out before the band. :biggrin1: (Well, to be honest, if I burn 250 calories working out, that means it is okay to be extra hungry and have a second helping at dinner, right?):omg:

Chris, sorry, it appears you are the only male currently posting. I know we did have more. What happened to Fisherman? He was banded the day after me (or maybe the day before, I was drugged at the time) :faint: by Dr. Ortiz and he was posting. I know there were others, probably they have already lost all the weight they needed to, like you Chris, so they no longer feel the need to post. That is how it is with guys!:heh:

Ruthie, I hope this caregiver works out. I can only imagine how difficult it must be for you. I have a friend at work who is caring for her 91 year old mother. I don’t know how she does it either. There is a special place for those who give so much of themselves. I will pray that you have the strength to last 363 days X what ever you need.:)

All right ladies, let’s get out an move!:clap2:

I am going to the gym tomorrow with my mother and see how I like it. I have to get a fill on Wed. and it hurts bad. (ask Stephanie) so I might not be able to do any more this week. We will see how the fill goes. My port is crooked so I know I am going to be in pain.

Kari how are you feeling today? Did you go to the doctor?

I need to find my tape measure and measure myself soon so I can get a boost. My stomach is lopsided. One side (my right) is smaller than my left side. I still have a big roll on that side. My right side doesn't have a roll. Anyone else have this problem? My mom wants me to ask my doctor why it is like that. Maybe the side with the port is not losing like the other side. It is weird.

That doesn't sound right, Beth. Make sure and ask your doctor about that. My fill didn't really hurt because I had a local anesthetic injected in the area (4 times) as he tried to find the port (7 times). I thought for sure I'd bruise, but I haven't yet. It's tender if I push on it, but otherwise I'm totally fine. If that is the worst thing I have to go through, then I'll take it.

How sweet of you Jane and everyone who offered support and prayers!!!! Thanks for the kind words. Some days are great and some days are exhausting. He is a blessing in my life and I am thankful I have the energy to be there for him. I am also thankful for the band because at the rate I was going I would weigh 400 pounds!!!!!! Stress eating was my middle name.

Tomorrow I shall move the body!!!!

Ruthie

I have never posted pictures, so I thought I'd give it a try...be gentle...

The first one is July 21st - two weeks post op...down about 25 lbs

The second one is Sept. 7th - down almost 50 lbs

The third one is today (Sept. 18) - down approx 55 lbs.

post-208149-13813134126228_thumb.jpg

post-208149-13813134126831_thumb.jpg

post-208149-13813134127882_thumb.jpg

Can you see I have on my "I'm with the band" band on in the third picture? I couldn't get my pics smaller - if someone can do that and put them side by side, that would be great! Thanks!