Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July 2006 Band Crew

Hey everyone, I went back to the ER today and they did an ultrasound... they said they can't fully rule it out, but most likely it is NOT my gallbladder. BUT here's something worse... they said it could be that I have scar tissue growing around my port, and the scar tissue could be pressing on a nerve- ifs thats the case, there is NOTHING they can do, until I have the band removed. I hope thats not the problem, I have constant pain now and still can't sleep on my right side. I'd hate to have to live with this, because I'm not allowed to do any exercises dealing with my stomach while I have the pain... and I was hoping to do a LOT of situps so I wouldnt have to have a TT. It could also be a hernia, I have another appt with the Surgery clinic next monday and I see my surgeon in Maryland on Oct 5. Whew, sorry for the downer, and whining, but this just sucks... I was really starting to get out there and exercise. Now I can only bike, walk, or run. Well I've got to go.. its late and classes are early.

BTW, everyone is doing so well! Congrats to our 2 month anniversaries!

Leona- oh wow!!! I cannot believe what you're going through. Hang in there.....your surgeon is the one equipped to know how to deal with it....don't worry about what you can't do right now....concentrate on the positives....relax, meditate, low key stuff.......you lost so much weight and look so good....you can do the exercise stuff when you feel better.

Kari...and you too sweetie...what a tough time you are going through...good luck with next round of stuff to get rid of that strep!!!

Michelle...you are too funny!!! What a babe you are.

I had a lapse last night. I got my DH's snack out to bring him (that stupid chocolate peanut chews candy) and just was popping them in my mouth like a crazy person. Urgh. Total head job. Today's a new day. Start over...right???

Ruthie

Beth: I sent you a pm about the dfwbandsters.

Leona: So sorry to hear about what you are going through. Hang in there gal. Don't worry about the "no situps" for now. The other exercise...walking, biking, etc. will still help you overall. Give us a report after you see the doctor.

Kari: Hope you are feeling better today. Miss you!

Ruthie: It would be very difficult for me to even have chocolate covered peanuts in the house. Maybe DH needs to put them in his own place and get his own snack. I would probably eat the whole bag!! But, you are right...TODAY IS A NEW DAY!!!

Thank you to everyone for the encouraging words. Well the doctor said I have a REALLY bad infection. They wanted to put me on an IV with antibiotics but I didn't have anything set up for my baby so I begged to try one more shot of antibiotics. They gave me the super strong shot, and also a really high dosage of oral antibiotics I have to take for the next 10 days. If my jaw doesn't start getting better today I have to go back because they are worried that I have some kind of absess of strep infection in my jaw or something. Eeeek I have never heard of this before in my life.. did you know they have to do surgery if it doesn't heal fast? UGhhhhh. I just can't go through another surgery!!! I think it is feeling better, well maybe not better, but it doesn't seem to have gotten any worse since yesterday so that makes me hopeful.

On the upside I am losing pounds but im not counting it because im dehydrated and im sure as Im able to drink again the weight is going to come right back. I'll write again soon, my baby is calling for me!! Bye ladies!! ohh and chris. lol

Hey all,

So I had my first fill on Friday and it's been interesting since then. He put 4 cc's in my 10 cc band and I definitely have restriction right now. Nothing bread wise works and I tried to eat a piece of pizza and that was also unsuccessful but that's ok. The first lodging episode brought me to tears it was soooo bad. I don't want to keep doing that to myself so I think I will probably avoid alot of the white foods.

Stef- Your pics are awesome. I've only lost 12 pounds since banding so to see you having lost that much already is amazing....keep up the good work.

Well I'm off....too much to do...Have a great Wednesday.

Leona - I know you are uncomfortable, and I may be wrong but I was told that the scar tissue will disminish after a while. Is there any chance that would help?

Stephanie - you are really shrinking! great job!

BigGirlPanties... if thats true, that would be AWESOME, I can't wait to walk around without holding my side! on the UPSIDE, my scale went into the 230's today! woohoo... 39 more pounds til my New Years Goal of being under 200!

And I am trying to stay positive... after all, I am losing, just with sucky pain lol.

Hey guys have I ever told you that I really don't like my surgeon. He has no bedside manner and he is always rushed. I never can catch him and when I have an appointment I wait at least an hour before I see him because he is always running behind. Anyway I had an appointment with him today and then I was going to get a fill. Well I saw him and he said that I didn't need a fill that I had lost enough weight for the month and didn't need to lose more than that. Well I was livid. I argued with him and he was leaning towards giving me one when he was called away for an emergency. So I didn't get my fill today. He did reschedule for 2 weeks. So I guess I can wait. I told him that I thought that I was eating too much but he said that I was averageing a loss of 1.5 pounds a week and that was good. I told him that I wanted to lose 2 pounds a week and that is why I wanted a fill. If I could have gotten another doctor at the time of surgery I would have. My hubby is not crazy about him either. I sure hope he is not reading this because I go out of my way to be nice to him. I am sorry to vent like this but I was really mad.

Kari and Leona I hope you both get feeling better soon. Hubby and I lifted you both up in prayer tonight.

Step I got your message and will respond soon. I am playing catch up with emails so I need to go.

Talk to you all soon. Thanks for letting me vent.

Well,

I haven't moved much today or yesterday. We discovered yesterday morning that my DS had taken ALL of his brother's jeans with him to college:speechles

So, after working all day I got to go shopping, but it was just a quick trip into the store and out again. So, since it was raining, and late when I got home I didn't make it out.

Today, I tried to enroll my puppy in dog obedience classes, but they were full! THen I had to go shopping, and again it was pouring ( I love Washington in Fall!) so I didn't go out again.

Tomorrow, I am the lineman Ref at the school volleyball game. Do you think that will count? I'll have to see how much work it is, I've never done it before.

On a good note, I found some great fish to make for dinner. I got the Herb and Garlic Talipia at Walmart. Yummmmm. It was great.

Anyone else moving? Except those of you who are sick, you should be resting!

Beth: Sorry to hear about the doctor's appointment and response. You may need to change docs and go somewhere else for your fills if that's possible with insurance, etc.

Jane: I did the bike Monday as I posted, but today my pool was too cold and I didn't get on the bike. Guess I have tomorrow and Friday to do it again...lol. I want to meet the 3x a week goal for this week.

I don't think I'd do well in Washington, although it looks beautiful in pics. I like SUNSHINE!!! Texas needs rain though and I think we may get some tomorrow. It's been so dry here this past year.

Just checking in to say hello! I have to work - then I have my Card Club tonight - I'll come by for catching up and updates tonight. Thanks for all the kind words!! You're all the best!

Hi girls & Chris! I hope everybody is doing better today! Today was my weigh in day and I didn't lose anything this week (and it's not even my TOM). I see my doctor next week, but I have a feeling he won't want to fill me again yet. Actually, I think I'd rather wait anyway since my torn abdominal muscle (we think that's what it is anyway) is still very sore and my fill was so much fun last time - Not! But, I do want to be losing weight!!

I've been wearing a back/abdominal support for the last week and it has helped a ton! I'm so glad because it may actually get a chance to heal this way!

I did get out and get a little exercise last night - the whole family (including the 3 dogs) went for a long walk. The dogs provide great resistance and definitely pick up the pace!

After suffering through our 115 degree summers, we deserve the weather we have here today! The high is 83, light breeze, sunny & GORGEOUS (just like you beautiful ladies and gentleman!). It makes me want to get out as much as possible right now! We're planning another "family walk" after dinner tonight!

Have a wonderful day everyone!

Desiree

Thought I would post my pre-op pic and then my 8 week pic (6 weeks post band...8 weeks since pre-op diet). I chose to wear the same outfit. Next time, the pants won't fit...LOL!!!

Pre-Op

marypreoput4.jpg

8-Weeks

mary8weekscb9.jpg

Wow Mary,

You can tell a huge difference, way to go. Yep, those pants won't make it through another comparison, they'll be falling off. Karik and Leona so sorry your not feeling well. It's been a rough row to how hasn't it. Whoops there I go again, everyone will know I from Kentucky for sure. LOL

I schedule another fill for Tuesday. I had cancelled when I had my first pbing episode but I believe I was just eating to fast and it was bread on top of that. I have only lost like 4 pounds in 6 weeks. Time to top off that fill.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful day and is losing, losing, losing.

See ya later girls and Chris.

Sherri Jo