Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July 2006 Band Crew

Congrats to all the July exercise people!!! Yea!!!! You all are such an inspiration!!!! It really gets me through my day to come here and read the posts. That sounds corny but it so nice to know there are people who started where I did (well, somewhere in the 31 day span at least...lol) and can relate. We all are traveling the same path and hitting similar bumps in the road, etc.

Jane, while reading your post I was saying to myself I am with you 100%. I feel like after eating a meal I could 3 more!!! Again, it may be delayed stress related but still I would think I would feel some restriction. I ate a small wrap sandwich yesterday thinking, okay, this will be a good test. No problems. Just about the first bready type food I have eaten besides some of those 100 calorie package wheat thins. Anyway. Good luck to you Jane and may be we both find a fullness!!! LOL

Kari- I am so glad you are feeling better!!!! NOTHING feels better than coming out of that sick funk!!!!!

Okay next week will be my challenge week!! I think, maybe- hope so- oh please- maybe the caregiver situation is better....he lasted an entire week!!!!!! AND, said he'd see us Monday morning. He is so calm and patient.....such a gift!!!

One day at a time.....one week at a time. Start new, start fresh but don't look back.....cuz (as Satchel would say) something might be gaining on us...... that fat something sure wants to catch up and hold us back but we shall move forward!!!!!

Okay group.....thanks for the support and love!!!!

Kisses, Ruthie

Where is everybody today. I finally got a decent night's sleep. I am feeling better today and myhubby and I went out to the store and got the stuff to fix the light on the ceiling fan. I am so excited. Now I wonder how long it will take him to put it up. I might have to do it myself. He has a toothache and needs to go to the dentist. That is why he has had so many headaches lately. Well I haven't exercised this week really but I have done some walking at stores. I don't know if that counts but we went to Home Depot today and it is a big store. Anyway I feel better and that is what counts. I hope you all are having a wonderful day and weekend. Talk to you later.

Well we actually got the light up and working. It is much easier to take an old light kit down than to put a new one up. I am sure you all really needed to know that but is case you do now you know. I have had a good day with eating and with hubby. I like days like this. I guess all of you are having so much fun that you don't have time to write today. That is a good thing. Well I am going to bed and read but I hope you all have a wonderful Sunday and I will be back to check in then. Nighty night girls and Chris. Hugs and Kisses

Lol thanks everyone for saying I don't need a fill... but I can eat almost a cup of food at a time, and I've been at the same weight for a week now. Its catching up! ahhh!! It might be because I can't really exercise right now due to the pains, but it might be the intake. I'll see by Oct 5th if I need a fill or not..thats the 3 month check up with the doc! :)

Hi everyone,

Sounds like everyone is having a great weekend and feeling better. I'm with you Leona, I can eat about a cup now so I scheduled a fill for Tuesday. They weighed me at my pcp yesterday and it was 40 pounds since July 10th. I was worried because on my TOM last week it said I had gained 5 pounds. I almost went into cardiac arrest. Whew.

I bet he'll give you a fill Leona. What's the latest on your pains? Have they said anymore?

Beth, glad you got DH to do a honeydo job, and it was fast too. I don't have that good of luck with mine. I guess he keeps losing his list. Maybe I need to do it on computer so I can print out lots of lists.

Oh, my little one year old granddaughter was in her first beauty pagent last night, she was adorable. She went out on the stage and when they were done telling who she was and stuff she turned around and waved at all of the judges and people watching. It was adorable. She didn't win but of course I thought she was the prettiest. Grandma's. Lord that sounds odd for me. 42 and grandma.

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.

See ya girls and Chris,

Hello everyone - it feels like forever since I've been here to check on you all. Although I can't say specifically what I've been doing to be busy, I just know I've been busy...

Kari - glad to hear you're feeling better!

Beth - I definitely think walking in stores counts as exercise :confused: Way to Go!

Leona - sorry to hear you're still having pains, but congrats on the loss :)

Sherri - I hope you got some great pictures at the pageant so you can scrapbook them!!

Hello to everyone else :)

I've been having shakes all day except dinner the past three days. Yesterday I had homemade spaghetti at my girlfriend's. Meatballs and sausage were in the sauce. It went down just fine, but afterward, I needed my TUMS, so I know that stuff bothers me.

Tonight I had some chicken breast, rice & veggies, and some cottage cheese. It feels funny right now at my band. I'm sure it will subside after a while. I'm at 5.5 cc's now for restriction. The scale hasn't hardly moved in two weeks and I'm having shakes mostly...do you think my body is rebelling and I'm at a plateau?

Stephanie- I don't know why you would be having shakes. Are you diabetic? I did TERRIBLE yesterday with my eating. I did go on a walk, which was great and got me to my 3X exercising this week.

But, I tried Panda express, and sure enough I could eat the whole meal. My son, who was impatiently waiting for me to say I could eat no more was saddly disappointed.:nervous

So, I guess I do need to schedule that fill. Although today I feel tighter than I did yesterday. Most likely I am a bit bloated from all the MSG.

Congrats to all who met this weeks challenge.

Should we try again for this week? 3X movement (I think shopping counts, as long as it is power shopping:biggrin1: ) for at least 30 minutes between 9/25 and 10/1!

For me, I know I would have just sat on the couch instead of going for a walk if I wasn't reporting out to anyone.

Today, I emptied my closet of all my size 16 and 1 and 2X shirts. It looks kind of bare in my closet but I'm hoping I'll be to 12s before I break down and buy too much.

I have a great day today. I think when we go to church it always make me feel better. Our church has been through alot of turmoil in the past but I think it has finally become an enjoyable experience. Well we went Italian today and I got Ziti Bolonese (sp?) I could eat more of it that I thought I could which was wierd. I definitely need a fill. But this after noon I found out that it was too rich for me. So me and the bathroom became buddies today. I am bored right now. I have worked on my puzzle and I am doing laundry and I clean out a shelf in my bookcase and hubby is watching football and I don't want to clean the kitchen so I am bored. It just seems like the night is going by slowly. I wish you guys lived close I would come over and chat or something. I really don't have any friends right now. I think that is because I don't get out more. Anyway I didn't mean to bring anyone down. I did have a good day and I am looking forward to the week ahead. I hope you all have a good week. HUggs

For me, I know I would have just sat on the couch instead of going for a walk if I wasn't reporting out to anyone.

Today, I emptied my closet of all my size 16 and 1 and 2X shirts. It looks kind of bare in my closet but I'm hoping I'll be to 12s before I break down and buy too much.

Yep I like the exercise challenges on our July thread, it really motivates me too to have you guys watching. I definitely keep track of what you are doing lol. I am so impressed that you are moving out of the 16s lol lucky you!!! I wear a 14 when im in the 170's. How tall are you? Just curious. Im a shorty, only 5'2".

So this week EVERYONE has to exercise 3-5 times by next Sunday. Everyone report daily if possible on what exercise you did that day. I'll be doing it cuz im finally not sick anymore.

I've been having shakes all day except dinner the past three days. Yesterday I had homemade spaghetti at my girlfriend's. Meatballs and sausage were in the sauce. It went down just fine, but afterward, I needed my TUMS, so I know that stuff bothers me.

Tonight I had some chicken breast, rice & veggies, and some cottage cheese. It feels funny right now at my band. I'm sure it will subside after a while. I'm at 5.5 cc's now for restriction. The scale hasn't hardly moved in two weeks and I'm having shakes mostly...do you think my body is rebelling and I'm at a plateau?

Stefanie, my doctor says shakes are a no no except for Breakfast. Also the quality of shake you are having makes a differance. Make sure your shake is not high in sugars and carbs. I really like the chocolate Atkins shake mixed with one scoop of Chocolate Unjury powder. I end up getting 35 grams of Protein and barely any carbs. Its a real metabolism boost.

Are you having so many shakes because its too dificult to eat solids? You might need a slight unfil? Or you might need to eat slower/ chew more thoroughly. I know you were having a hard time with your work schedule and short lunch break time. Maybe you could pack food that doesn't require microwaving so you could start eating sooner into your break. Buy an insulated lunch box and pack some tuna/mayo (I prefer miracle whip light) and some Kashi crackers and a cheese stick. Its a protien packed meal with Fiber. I just love the Kashi crackers yumm, and they are healthy. Or another option would be deli meat slices, cheese, crackers. Just an idea. Hope it helps. :hungry:

Oh one more thing lol. Ive read on a lot of threads, people have a hard time eating rice and Pasta. The dietician I spoke with at the surgicenter where my band was done said to try to live without those from now on. Of course I didn't find that out until AFTER my band was in lol. She said if I felt I couldn't live without some of that, to eat just one or two bites of at the end of my meal. I haven't had a fill yet so I can eat anything I want so far. My first fill is on Wednesday!! Then I'll know first hand what you are going through.

Okay guys....I join the challenge. 3-5 times before next Sunday? At least 30 minutes each- right??? Gotcha.

Here's to a good week. This past week has not been so good for me because I have been starving and upping the portions and Snacks. Here's to regaining my sanity (HA!!!!!) or at least a tiny piece of it. We had early dismissal on Friday for Rosh Hashanah (Jewish New Year) but we could stay if we wanted to. I did and got caught up on work and left feeling ready for the week. I turned in a boat load of stuff to the copy room so maybe I can whip things into shape (they don't let us touch the good copy machines because as Stephanie can probably relate- teachers can mess up machines in a heartbeat.)

food today started getting better throughout the day and that feeling of never being satisfied has subsided slightly. Whew. Thank goodness!!!! I drank a LOT of water- maybe that helped- who knows.

Ruthie

I accept the challenge to exercise 3-5 times this week for 30 minutes. My dietian (sp?) where I got my surgery said that if we can't do 30 minutes of exercise at one time that we could split it up like 2 15minutes or 3 10minutes just as long as we get 30 minutes in a day is fine. I have a bad knee and I have to go slow on some thing. But I will try hard to meet the challenge. My blood sugars are still high so I will proabably have to take more meds. At least they are tiny pills. I have to get me hubby into the dentist tomorrow because he has a bad tooth ache. I hope to go to the store tomorrow as well. Well I need to finish laundry and hit the sack. Talk to you guys later. See ya.

Good night Beth! Im glad you are doing the challenge, even inspite of your blood sugar and knee problems. Im proud of you.

No, I'm not diabetic. The reason I am still having shakes is because I like them - milk, Slim Fast Optima chocolate Royale powder, Chocolate Protein Powder (10g) and ice, zapped in my Magic Bullet. I think it's my way to get my chocolate fix. I don't crave chocolate and I don't have any desire to reach for ice cream (which was a big thing for me pre-band). I have one every morning for breakfast. Then I have a SF pudding about 10:15am...then at 12:30 I have lunch and I usually have 4 teaspoon fulls of cottage cheese and a snack size of diced peaches. Then I get home from work about 4:30 and we have dinner at 6:30 if we're all home. If we aren't eating together I usually have another shake. When I'm home alone all weekend I tend to do shakes because they are easy.

Thanks for the ideas and suggestions :)

Tonight I had about 4 bites of chicken breast and some mixed veggies and a scoop of cottage cheese. That was plenty.

I also like smoked string cheese for a snack - I was so bummed that Walmart didn't have any in stock today :confused: I don't eat bread and if I do have any Pasta, it's not very much.