Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July 2006 Band Crew

Stefanie, I think Jane thought you meant 'the shakes' like shivering lol. I might be wrong though too. Thats whats so hard about commicating via typing lol.

That's funny, I kinda of thought that she thought physical shakes too. I got a kick out of that. Oh, guess what I went and bought today, it's so cute. Duhhhh, of course you can't guess, LOL. I have a little mini dashund, he's black and tan and 1 year old. My dh and I drove up in Illinois today and bought him a woman. Well, actually she's 4 oz. but she will eventually be a woman, (dog that is). She a mini short haired red, cute as a button. I have to wait two more weeks to pick her up as she's still too small. I have to take pics when I pick her up.

I'm with you Beth, dh was watching football earlier and I was doing laundry and I thought I am bored, bored, bored, why don't you just jump on a plane and you could be here for us to scrapbook or something in a few hours, LOL.

Okay guys, I hope I'm not screwing up but you know my Doctor, Dr. Curry had me scheduled to come back for my third fill 2 weeks ago. I cancelled because I pb'd on a piece of toast and it was my first pb. I got scared and cancelled my appt. So I really wasn't losing all that great, maybe one pound per week. I called this week and cancelled again and she said well, he wanted to see you last week. I said well it's a 5 hour drive each way and I have to stay overnight to see if I need a unfill and I didn't want that expense unless I was getting a fill. Well, I called and got it for this Tuesday, which I would leave tomorrow for the drive and I weighed today and since I seen him 5 weeks ago Tuesday I've lost about 9 pounds. So, I'm going anyway, may get a fill, may not, I just hope the right thing happens, you know. Scared to death of overfill, but do want to loose aggresively.

Hope everyone has a great first day of the week tomorrow.

I also accept the exercise challenge. I want to exercise 4-5 times in the next week. I've been doing 45 minutes but would like to get closer to an hour. happy sweating everyone. Can't wait to hear about all of your victories!

Kari, I'm so glad to hear that you're doing well.

Stefani

Sherri - my doctor said he'd like to see me losing 3-4 a week at this stage...so when I was only losing 2 for two weeks, that told him I needed a fill.

I still think it's amazing how different doctors and their advice can be!

Good night Stefanie! Yes it is amazing and confusing about differant doctors oppinions! It makes me feel like we are all a bunch of lab rats for the lap band lol.

Thanks other Stefani for the nice words :confused:.

Sherrie, Im with you, I don't want to get overfilled! Im nervous as heck about it. It seems like a lot of the threads where people have major problems it always starts with an overfill. I've heard Dr. Curry is a good doc though. Im sure she knows what she is doing. But just remember it is your body and your life and if the little voice inside you is telling you something.. don't be afraid to listen to it! Good luck with your appointment, I'll be thinking about you.

I went to the grocery store and shopped for about 40 minutes. I am in the process of deciding to join the Y or not. I haven't made up my mind. We spent alot of money already on my surgery. But I do have insurance so we didn't spend as much as we could have. I am not sure what I am going to do yet. My mom is a member and I am going with her again on thursday to try out some new machines. Maybe I can decide then. Having a good so far. You remember me telling you that my hubby had a tooth ache. Well he went to the dentist today and he told him that his tooth is absessed and he couldn't do anything until my hubby had some antibiotics to get rid of the infection. THe dentist said that it was very dangerous. Other than that the day has gone great. I am bored again but I have a kitchen that has to be cleaned tonight. So I am off to clean it.

I was very busy today! I had to run daughter to school at 7 am, then home, had a mountain of bills that had to be paid online. We have 5 constructions projects going and in the works right now that I have a lot to do with. I REALLY wanted to do treadmil, but life got in the way. Stetsi Stefani you keep up the good work. Hopefully tomorrow I'll be able to report better. Later in the week will FOR sure be better.

I went to the grocery store and shopped for about 40 minutes. I am in the process of deciding to join the Y or not. I haven't made up my mind. We spent alot of money already on my surgery. But I do have insurance so we didn't spend as much as we could have. I am not sure what I am going to do yet. My mom is a member and I am going with her again on thursday to try out some new machines. Maybe I can decide then. Having a good so far. You remember me telling you that my hubby had a tooth ache. Well he went to the dentist today and he told him that his tooth is absessed and he couldn't do anything until my hubby had some antibiotics to get rid of the infection. THe dentist said that it was very dangerous. Other than that the day has gone great. I am bored again but I have a kitchen that has to be cleaned tonight. So I am off to clean it.

Oops Stephanie, yea, I did think you meant physical shakes. sorry, I won't be so worried about you now though.

Kari, sure enough I'm 5' 1 1/2 " so i'm into 14's. Actually, something great happened this morning. I went to put on a pair of 14s that were brand new, and they are too big. Actually, I don't remember when or where I bought them so I'm hoping that they shrink a little in the wash.

Today's exercise was being a ref for 2 volleyball games. It took about 2 hours and I walk in between games. So, I figure I must have a half an hour of good exercise inthere. No sweat, but itdid tire me out.

Got to go, good work ladies.

[ATTACH]6516[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]6517[/ATTACH]OK so the doc referred me to GYN and said its most LIKELY not related to the band... well thats good, but its still not a happy thing if I have cysts or something... but heres the first before/after pics...

btw I had a 12 hour day before taking the after pic lol :)

post-208482-13813134144891_thumb.jpg

post-208482-13813134145039_thumb.jpg