Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July 2006 Band Crew

Thanks Sherrijo and Kari!! I need those kudos!! Yesterday was a bad day and I'm struggling some with needing that fill (2 weeks to go). Kari, how are you feeling girl? Give us an update when you can!

Aww thanks for asking about me Mary! I feel alot better today. My throat is still a little sore, my jaw is stuck still, I can open it about an inch now.. so thats an improvement. I think im on the mend!! Thanks for your prayers and support.

Wow I think you look great. I am sorry that I didn't let you know about tonight. My hubby had to work late tonight so we wouldn't have been able to come anyway. Maybe next time.

I am glad to hear that you are feeling a little better Kari. I hope it continues to improve.

I am doing fine today. I needed a day to relax. My hubby is not home from work yet and I am just trying to get the house straightened up. He is off tomorrow and I don't want to have to clean house then.

Hey does any of you guys have insomnia? I do and I am having a hard time finding something to take at night that works. I have been using Vicidan to help but I am trying to get off it. I took Tylenol PM last night and it didn't work. The doctor (not my surgeon) gave me a prescription of Ambein but I haven't got it filled yet. Has any of you had any problems with sleep?

Hey everyone! I think I really need a fill because I can eat like a cup at a time, but I'm losing weight too fast I think. The weight is just falling off- since Aug 14th (my first fill), I'm down 16 pounds. If I can eat this much, and am still losing weight, do you think my surgeon will still give me a fill> I can only imagine I am losing weight because I only eat 2 meals a day, no Snacks and coffee in the morning and I am exercising a lot.

But for the pains... I still have them - one right under my left boob when I breathe and the other in my lower right side. I'm learning to ignore them a bit, but i see the doc again on monday to rule out a few things.

More later!

Hi All:

Sherri Jo- life can be a tough row to hoe and what a perfect expression no matter where you are from. Being a southern girl myself I totally got it!!! Are you a UK or Louisville supporter???

Desiree- I am so glad the belt thingie is helping. Ouch is all I can say. I wonder if those muscles were vunerable as a result of surgery? Hmmmm..feel better!!!

Kari- your jaw is almost closed shut? Back in my college days there was a girl in my dorm who paid to have her jaw wired shut to lose weight. Duh, she drank milkshakes all the time. LOL Does your jaw hurt??? Nothing hurts worse than pain around the head. Hang in and feel better.

Mary- your pic is amazing!!! Wow- great idea to wear same outfit because you can totally see the dif!!! You look wonderful. And as far as the chocolate peanut chews.....I have had no desire for them for 2 months and now I am craving and wanting everything I see. I honestly think the stress of the caregiver situation has gotten to my head. And stress makes me a glutton!!!! Urgh. So I don't think it's the candy in specific it's just something "forbidden". Make sense??

Beth- YES I had serious insomnia but it was the second week post-surgery. I tried ambien but it did nothing for me. Sonesta worked nicely. I also can't believe your surgeon story. What an insensitive creep. I guess I can relate because I called my surgeon's office because I feel NO restriction and I just had the fill 3 weeks ago. NP said I had to come in for the one month post-fill check-up first and they would see if I was "following all of the guidelines". :) So, I understand your frustration about not being allowed to schedule a fill. Why can't WE decide what feels right? Oh well.

Jane- no exercise for me this week.:phanvan Just an odd week. Kinda stress fall-out. I walked during my off period last week but have been trying to get my chaos of a room to a "usuable" condition. Anyway....I will get there...maybe a week late but I will get there.

Hi to everyone and have a great weekend.

Kisses, Ruthie

Baylor Mom: We had a nice time tonight. It was a small group but they are a friendly one. I was the "newbie" of the bunch. One gal was about a month before me. Maybe you can come next month. My hubby ended up going with me, too.

Thanks for the compliments everyone!! Ya'll are so sweet.

Ruthie: Only a few words for you: "JUST SAY NO!!"....LOL!!! I do totally empathize with you, as I'm a big time stress eater (hard to believe I know...lol). And with this caregiver situation, I really can't even imagine how you feel. I'm a Physical Ther. Assistant, so I do have a little understanding, just haven't "walked in your shoes". I do hope and pray that the right person comes along to fill that position.

Leona: Doesn't sound like you need a fill yet. If you are losing, I wouldn't mess around with it yet. You don't want to get too tight then have to have the unfill done. Sorry you're still having pain, though. Let us know what doc says.

Hi Chris and Girls:

Mary...You're looking great! I can see it in your arms and tummy. Way to go. :)

I set a personal goal to work out 4-5 times this week. I just finished my 4th night. I WANT THIS WEIGHT OFF!!!! LOL Ahh, I feel better.

where is everybody tonight? I had a bad day today. I ate something that didn't agree with me and I have had a stomach ache all day. I have eaten at meal times though but I haven't had much. I went to my PCP doctor whom I like real well (thank goodness) and she told me that I have to take some of my diabetic medicine again and take my blood sugars four times a day. Yuck. I hate taking it but I don't know why because it doesn't hurt or anything. Anyway my sugars have been a little high so I am glad to be back on the medicine. She also told me that the lopsidedness in my stomach is probably due to my left side still being swollen from my surgery or some scar tissue. She said not to worry that it would all go away as I lose. I hope so. Well I am going to go and get some Water now that it has been 30 minutes since I ate. Talk to ya'll later.

How are the sick ones feeling today?

I am finally feeling back to normal!! At least pretty much. I can open my jaw almost normally, and my throat barely hurts. YAYYYY! Thank for asking Beth. Im sorry to hear you had a rough day. Thats too bad about your blood sugars, hopefully when you lose more weight you won't have to do that testing anymore.

Karik,

So proud to hear you are doing better. It's been a rough road hasn't it. Whoops, I hit the wrong button. Glad your doing better. Hello July'ers, hope everyone is losing bunches of weight. Talk to you all later.

Today I went for a nice long, 1 hour, walk. It was great to get out after all the rain the last few days. Plus, it counts as day #2 of working out this week! We all still have2 more days to meet the challenge. Come on, Let’s go.

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p> </o:p>

Kari, Glad to read that you are feeling better. My DD has been sick the past few days. She went to the dr. and discovered she had a fever of 101. I’m a terrible mother, I can never even find a working thermometer, I’m one of those people who never gets a fever. One time my son was not feeling well (the one in college now) and after about 3 days I finally took him to the dr.; turned out he had a fever of 102, the old back of the hand or lips on the forehead strategy does not work with him, I had forgotten because he is so rarely sick. :sick

<o:p> </o:p>

He has decided to do the RANGER CHALLENGE at college. :D

For me, the challenge today was jogging across 6 lanes of traffic as the light was turning red ( I made it) That is another word for interval training. When you are walking up to a walk light that is about to change and you jog across to make the light!:)

Leona- 16 lbs in a month! That is great. You probably don’t need a fill yet.:biggrin1:

I have lost 6 lbs from my last fill. Last night I was able to eat about 6 oz of roast, ½ cup carrots, and a baked potato. I think I need a fill. Sometimes I still feel things starting to get stuck, especially at lunch time, we get a half an hour to get the kids out of our room, cook the lunch, and eat. I think I eat too fast. At dinner I can eat a lot. I thought I would try Panda Express Orange chicken, which gave me a lot of trouble before. If I can eat that, I need a fill!

Ruthie, no exercise yet this week, that’s okay. Maybe tomorrow, otherwise, next week is a whole new week. Walking was nice for me this week (the 2 times I actually did it) I had time to think about things, and I felt really good about myself when I was done. However, some days, I just can’t get myself to do it. I think that is okay. Don’t add more stress to your life!

Stefani, Two gold stars for you. The treadmill and the bike in one night! Excellent!:)

:) Im just so proud of everyone who has been doing the exercise! Its really motivating to me that our julyster group is doing so well and being so responsible. When I feel back to 100 % Im going to be exercising too. Keep up the good work friends:grouphug: