Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

LET'S TALK PIZZA.

I AM STILL ON MY POST OP DIET AND I AM CRAVING pizza. ITS MY BIGGEST WEAKNESS. I KNOW I CAN'T EAT IT ALL THE TIME BUT WILL I BE ABLE TO EAT IT SOMETIMES?

IS THERE CERTAIN KINDS THAT HAVE BEEN EASIER FOR PEOPLE?

IS THERE AN ALTERNATIVE THAT IS EASIER TO EAT OR HEALTHIER THAT WILL SATISFY MY CRAVING?

THANKS EVERYONE!

Once you're done with the post op diet, sure, you can have it once in awhile. Just be sure to log it and count it in your total daily calories.

There are some healthier options, like making homemade pizza with whole wheat flat bread for crust and using the lower calories Tomato sauce with low fat cheese. Add a bunch of veggies, maybe some turkey sausage, and you're good to go.

Sure I eat pizza but sometimes it does not like my band and other times it is no issue. It all depends on the time and the moment. I don't really know how it's gonna act until I eat it.

Once in a while. I eat thin crust and do not eat the end. I cut into tiny pieces or else i may take too big a bite. Lots of work for me so in the end not always worth it.

Wendy

I still eat pizza. Not as much as I used to. I don't like to think of foods as taboo otherwise I obsess over them. Moderation is the key for me! When I don't put things on the "naughty list" and I know if I want them I have to work them into my daily calorie total it doesn't appeal to me as much! My weakness is chocolate! Now instead of eating a whole regular size Hershey bar I eat 1 mini size bar! I still get my fix, however, I didn't just blow all my calories for the day! I found that my pizza urge be curbed by baking a chicken breast, melting low fat mozzarella cheese and putting a little spaghetti sauce on top, then I sauté onions, green peppers, and mushrooms in a little olive oil and put that on top of the chicken. My kids and husband love it to! Good luck on your journey!

I love pizza made with a portabella mushrooms cap as the "crust", take a look at my youtube channel (link in siggy), I have a video about it.

THANKS SO MUCH EVERYONE! I WILL DEFINITELY BE MAKING MY OWN pizza ON THE WHOLE WHEAT TORTILLAS! AWESOME IDEA!! :)

I can eat it...but I won't be happy about an hour afterwards... It just doesn't digest well for me. You will have to try it and find out what works for you.

I do find that the thin crust workers better... And I avoid anything on it but cheese. That seems to stay put better for me.

Yes, I did see the cauliflower crust! I am very intrigued by that too. I'll have to try it out! But I am sure the tortilla pizza is going to be my best bet! :)

I just had 1 small slice for dinner, that I cut into small pieces. Before the band, I could easily eat 2 big slices. I also had 2 chicken wings that I cut into small pieces as well...

speaking of pizza.... i am 7 days post op and my husband just ordered pizza..... i had a mushroom soup... its so hard but im very surprised at how well i am handling it... i even served it to them! with dipping sauce and pop.....aaaaahhh so i came to hide in my office to eat lol but thanks for sharing ashchap13 so now we have great ideas!!! :)

I eat pizza every Friday and have since my post op diet ended. I usually eat just the toppings and the hard crunchy part of the crust. I also make my own with whole wheat flatbreads like MIs does. I actually have one in the oven right now!

I don't like the good food, bad food rules. I eat almost everything that I used to, just a lot less of them. I knew that in order to be successful, I had to view this as a lifestyle, not a diet. This is what works for me.

Do you have a Marcos pizza around you? They have a cracker thin crust and really good pizza and they have the nutrition information on their website.