Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How Do I Get Enough Protein???

I read on here people getting around 70g of Proteins day... Please let me know how. I go to my dr Thursday as I have not been since June 2011 (i know:( ) and haven't lost anything on about a year. I am addicted to sweets. And meats don't go down great and I actually sometimes hate eating!! What are some good proteins I can try? I started proteins shakes for lunch..which is usually my first meal of the day as I don't like eating in the morning. Can it be I am not eating enough as to why I am not losing. Please help! Thank u all!!

It sounds like you really need to step back and actually track what you are eating. You may be eating far more (or less) than you should.

How do you get enough Protein, well for Breakfast there is always eggs, Greek Yogurt, Protein Drink, etc. For lunch some chicken salad (w/ ff or lowfat mayo), tuna salad, salad with chicken, ham or some meat/protein in it, grilled chicken, etc. dinner, a piece of grilled salmon, chicken or other meat. Make sure you are eating your Protein first. snack during the day of a lowfat cheese stick or cottage cheese (I like it with a peach slice).

I know you have been banded for a while but I have heard from others that sometimes after a while you kind of forget what the guidelines are so I would try to stick w/ 1000-1200 calories, no more than a cup of food per meal, and 60+ grams of protein per day. You may be surprised where protein hides. Even a piece of toast has protein.

Good luck!

I agree with a newdawn; if you get back into tracking your food intake(myfitnesspal.com) you will see how Protein you are actually getting.

you will also see what kind of nutrition you are not getting from the sweets! all foods are on myfpal!!!

remember Protein helps you feel satisfied much longer.

give it a try and see if you feel better and start seeing results again.

sugar is an addictive food source, it is not going to be easy the first few days. you can do this, sugary foods are not really that good, are they?

sorry if I sound rough. I think you 'fessed up cause you want help, we will do that. this site is very helpful, people do care and will listen. Good luck and keep in touch everyday.

I read on here people getting around 70g of Proteins day... Please let me know how. I go to my dr Thursday as I have not been since June 2011 (i know:( ) and haven't lost anything on about a year. I am addicted to sweets. And meats don't go down great and I actually sometimes hate eating!! What are some good Proteins I can try? I started proteins shakes for lunch..which is usually my first meal of the day as I don't like eating in the morning. Can it be I am not eating enough as to why I am not losing. Please help! Thank u all!!

if you go to any search engine and input high Protein foods, you will find lists of foods that have Protein. that is what i did (and also spoke with my

nutritionist and she gave me a similar hand out sheet). i myself am 70+ per day. sometimes more and sometimes less. i start off with 30 grams via a Protein shake for Breakfast (with my dr's okay) and that is because i am too (tight) to eat in the mornings. I also eat 3 to 4 oz of chicken breast or beef (for example, 1-- 4oz serving of 96% lean beef is 24 grams of protein alone) and i also eat alot of Beans. (beans are soo good and filling). that may be the reason maddy and aj say i am so full of it :)

so its easy to get your protein. you just have to eat. so go look at all the high protein foods and make your selection.

please begin regular follow ups with your dr to let them know who you are mentally and physically. you went through all the steps to make yourself well.

dont waste another moment. pick yourself up and get right back on track. you did this once and i have no doubt that you can do this again.

let us know how the dr appt goes thursday :)

Broccoli has twice the amount of protien that steak had also seeds and nuts

and too darn bad i dont like that :(

Not true. Broccoli has 2 g of Protein per cup, steak has 7 g. of Protein per oz. Just saying...yes, it's good for you, but it's not a great source of protein. Beans, nuts and seeds are good protein sources, but the nuts carry a heavy fat load so use them cautiously,

String cheese. Kashi Cereal mixed with the Greek yogurt. The kashi I eat has 9g Protein per serving.

Greek yogurt from Coercion is my standby for Protein. Also, don't be afraid to make pudding with lowfat or almond milk with a scoop of Protein Powder ( that may help you sweet tooth too!). Yuan salad. chicken salad, ham salad etc. Work better for me than Keats you have to cut. I use a tablespoon or so of Greek yogirtwith the light mayo to boost protein and help make it less dry!

Thanks everyone for you suggestions and support...and you aren't hard on me.. And if you were..maybe I need it!! I will let you know how appt goes! :)

I came up with a good Protein source today: 20g of protein and less than 1g of fat!! Motts natural applesauce (NSA) and 1/3 scoop of my protein powder (CytoSport 100% whey, vanilla).

I have my surgery scheduled for November 6th. In preparation, I went to GNC. I bought some unflavored Protein powder figuring I could put it in chicken broth those first few days to make sure I get enough protein. Maybe that would work for you.

If nit enough Protein I use Isopure zero carb liquid beverage. Has 40 grams protein and I sip it throughout the day with ice. It just supplements on the days I can't get enough protein. tuna, ricotta, cottage cheese too.

Ok. Went in today... He didn't fuss as me. :). I weighed 2 pounds less than I did I'm June 2011 at my last visit..so good thing is I didn't go all out and gain.... Just didn't lose and I know I could have been at my goal by now. He put half a cc in my band so roughly up to 4ccs in a 10cc band. So we will see. Thanks for the support.. It is appreciated and needed. Hopefully this will help me get back on the bandwagon..no pun intended! Lol

What about creany Peanut Butter? I Im 1 week post op and tried a little bit of fish tonight in a little bit of an egg side dish and I am just all suffering....So I will do liquids all day tomorrow just to try to get my body back on track hope you all are having a successful a time as I am trying to! So who had the surgery on the same day I did October 18th, What has it been like you and what is your meal planning been like for yiu?

Sent from my VS920 4G using LapBandTalk