Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 2006 Bandits

I can't believe that tomorrow is the big day for me, I am even looking forward to it..............regarding my dates, it will be the 18th here that I am banded, but it will be only the 17th for most of you, ie states side! But either way it is all go in 24 hours!

My mum asked me if I wanted to use a new nightie, um, is that what you call it in the states?, I mean a nightdress? And I said ok, i'll have a look at it and when I saw it I burst out laughing.................it was very sheer and pink with lace.............I had to ask her if she wanted me to come back with a lapband or a doctor hehehehe!!!!

There is no way I can wear it, I have decided to wear something more practical!!!!!:)

Amourette,

That lacey pink nightie story is hilarious! Your mom sounds like a character. Good luck tommorrow. I'll be thinkin' about ya.

P.S. Try to write as soon as you feel well enough.

--Linda

Dr. Rumbaut

April 20th

Good luck guys! I have decided to go ahead with my surgery regardless of all the question marks... There is no other dr in South Africa doing this at the moment and if i have to be the first - then so be it. My family and friends are more nervous than i am. I have made my peace. My hubby is having a tough time at work and under a lot of stress, so i have decided to go and stay with my mom for the first week post-op. From reading all your posts, i don't think i want to be alone... I am trying to do take my mind off the op this week as it has consumed me last week and i felt rather ill! I have started a good book and am cleaning and rearranging stuff left right and centre!!! hehe - i am a nutcase - to be honest but this is what i want! No pain...no pain - hehe!

:nervous HI all,

Not sure if anyone is still reading these posts, but I wish I had have found it earlier!!! I was banded on 13th April, am 35 and live in Australia.

Would love to hear how everyone is going???

on that note....what ARE you supposed to wear to the hopsital?

Kat,

I wore a baggy pair of pajamas to the hospital with a slip on pair of tennis shoes. I didn't want to have change clothes again when I got home, so I wore what I wanted to wear at the house. I also wore my regular undergarments underneath, but didn't wear my bra home. My pre-op nurse made that suggestion and said I would be more comfortable without it.

I changed into the big ol' hospital gown not too long after arrival, so it really didn't matter what I wore to the hospital. And of course you lose that for surgery.

Audra

My surgery is Wednesday! I will let you all know how it goes when I get back home later this week.

I have a cluster of thoughts in my head, dealing with the surgery emotions, plus I am a single mom to 4 kids and am worried that all of their needs will be met while I am away for the next 3 days. I hope they remember to come home to feed the dogs!

Kathi

April bandit here too! Banded April 11th and feeling really great. No more gas pockets! No more port site pain. I'm loving life and the -12lbs lost in less than 6 days. 98more lbs to go. I am going for the gusto.

Hi all,

I had my surgery April 13th and am slowly getting better. I had to come home with a catheter because I couldnt pee. I took it out the next morning and dropped it in the bathroom floor and couldnt bend over to pick it up so my hubby had a nice surprise when he got home from work!! The worst thing by far has been the port pain. I didnt have any gas pains and my whole abdomen didnt hurt except for my port incision. That incision is about 2 inches long and right under my ribs on the left side. THere is also a hardness under and around the incision but no drainage or any signs of infection. I just feel like there is a big mass embedded in my muscle and everytime I move or bend that side I have a stabbing pain. If i am laying still it doesnt hurt at all. I wonder if anyone else has experienced this? I am also having alot of belching. It was harder than I thought it was going to be but im glad Im on the other side of it. Looking foreward to getting on with my life.

Kathy

That incision is about 2 inches long and right under my ribs on the left side.

Kathy

Hi Kathy I was banded on 4/11 and my port is right below my once cleavage. Funny I thought all our ports ere in the same place....

Now that is a questions where is everyones ports located?

Vickie

Well ya'll my surgery is Friday and I'm getting nervous. I think if I see another Slim fast I'm gonna SCREAM. Although I hope my liver is SHRINKING. I have all those scary thoughts of not waking up after surgery and what if the surgery doesn't work. And if it does work what will I look like. And will I like the new ME. Anyways sorry for venting and rambling on. Good luck to the people having surgery today. You will be in my prayers.

I hear ya! My surgery is Friday as well. I'm mostly afraid of "not waking up" and then not being here for my husband; that is my greatest fear. Unreasonable...and not logical, I know...but I love him sooooo much! Which is part of the reason I'm dong this (& he is behind me 1000%)...the reason being I want to be here (ie. alive!) with him for as long as I can!!!

I'm sure all will be okay for both of us and everyone else on here...but yup, it is still difficult to get past those feelings/fears sometimes.

Where are you? I'm in Canada.