Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 2006 Bandits

Thanks for reporting back, it makes me feel a bit better when i hear another good story about how well things went.

hey all,

i am back (actually have been for a few days, just haven't had the energy to post.)

surgery went well but i had a very hard time with the anesthesia, i just could not wake up and my oxygen level was pretty low. they went ahead and kept me for a few extra hours. the doc did say that he wished all of his procedures could be as easy as mine was. as for now i am suffering with nausea really bad, i just can't hardly seem to force myself to drink and eat. i have pheregan suppositories that i am using about once a day and they seem to help but boy when i wake up, it takes all i have to keep it together. on the up side i have managed to lose apx. a pd a day so i am down 14 pds since friday the 24th. when i started my preop diet. the other problem is this damn gas. i am pretty sure that is where the nausea is coming from. i will say that is does seem to get better everyday and i am looking forward to next week when hopefully the gas will be out.

Hey Jen, I was wondering how you were doing. Glad your doing reasonably well; and surely everyday will get better. Outstanding weight loss!!!!!!!

Disneynut: welcome home. That nausea seems to be a big problem with everybody. I'm glad things went better than you thought they would.

Roberta

Glad to see these posts and that things went well for you two!! YOu are so lucky to be on the other side , I am sitting here panicking on this pre-band side. Yesterday I wanted to cancel the operation and go back to weightwatchers...............but back on track today.

Keep us informed!!!!

Love Amourette!!!

PS Whos' next!:)

Amourette, whatever you do, don't back out. This will be the best thing you can do for yourself. I am 4 days post-op and feeling great. I did not have the gas pains everyone is having and I didn't feel nauseous at all. I still have no appetite, but no complaints there. I am still having a hard time drinking Water, or crystal light... I can do unsweetened ice pops for the "water", but can't drink anything... it makes me burp too much. As for food, I tried to have a sweet potato mushed up last night (no skin), and it did not sit well, hurt going down. Tonight I tried some farina made with skim milk and kept it pretty loose, almost soupy. It went down much better. I also tried having 1 egg (egg beaters) this morning scrambled and tolerated that well too. If you have confidence in your doctor, confidence in the hospital, and confidence in yourself, all will go well. There were bets in my family that I was going to chicken out of the surgery, but I didn't. I thought to myself, I am not going to suffer through 12 days on a liquid diet, drinking Protein Shakes, and then back out... no way. Just keep thinking to yourself that all will be well, you are going to feel great... and will be on your way to a new life. By the way... I had the surgery on Tuesday, 4/4... it is Sat 4/8... and I am down 6 lbs.

I just got my date firmly scheduled. Its April 29th. I'm 37, from Louisiana, own my own business, and going to Mexico. Can't wait! Love this thread!:gluck:

Glad to see these posts and that things went well for you two!! YOu are so lucky to be on the other side , I am sitting here panicking on this pre-band side. Yesterday I wanted to cancel the operation and go back to weightwatchers...............but back on track today.

Keep us informed!!!!

Love Amourette!!!

PS Whos' next!:)

Fiona, you little chicken:biggrin1: Didn't we agree that we could do this?????? I'm counting on you to go in there on the 17th and kick some butt, and come back to us with a good report. Hold your course girl!!!! You'll be alright, we are all pulling for you. At least your almost there. I'm among the LAST five to get banded this month. Imagine how crazy I'm getting.:nervous

Roberta

I just got my date firmly scheduled. Its April 29th. I'm 37, from Louisiana, own my own business, and going to Mexico. Can't wait! Love this thread!:gluck:

Congratz on your date, and welcome to our merry group!!!!!!

Roberta

so, wednesday after work i do some last minute shopping before i go home to finish packing for 6 am flight thurs morning.

lil' bit later that night mom calls to tell me her boyfriend was taken to the e.r. because he either had a heart attack or a stroke.

go and meet mom at hospital and stay with her in e.r. waiting til' 12 at night. when we leave still no word on his prognosis. mom was very upset. so i get home at 12:30. i am supposed to leave in 4 hours for my flight. major dilemma - leave for the surgery i have been planning for and waiting for? or cancel and stay to comfort mom. so i decided to cancel my flight and operation. =( i just couldn't have lived with myself if i wasn't there for my mom and something really bad had happened.

so i have to reschedule. dr. rumbaut's people were very kind about it and they are trying to get me in april 20th or april 27th. so i hope to still be an april bandit. the airline credited my ticket for a new ticket. but now i have to fight with the airline to credit a $100 cancellation fee they are charging me (got the doc's note and my admit wristband as proof of emergency)

also, my prayers were answered and my mom's boyfriend is doing much better. he had a stroke but he is making remarkable progress everyday.

thanks for listening, linda

Wow, what an ordeal for you, its nice that the doctors office understood the problem and $100 fee from the airline isn't to bad, i have paid more for changes (around $300 I think) Your a very sweet daughter, I'm not sure I would have canceled!

Heather,

Thanks for your reply. The thing is nobody even knew I was going or that I cancelled. So it's kind of funny to just think to myself ..."wow today i would've been having surgery" or the next day "today it would've been over and i would be recovering." etc. etc. Maybe I should've just went. I don't know. But I made the best decision I could at the time. What else can anyone do?

Btw, I love your blogs. Very interesting.

And good luck to you and your april banding! Keep us posted.

--Linda

Linda, I am so sorry you had to go through that ordeal. You definitely are a good daughter. Emotionally you must be drained. Funny, I was just wondering how your surgery went and looking forward to hearing how you feel now. Bummer. I am glad that you still have the possibility of having your surgery this month. Hang in there. Glad your mom's friend is doing better.

Roberta

Heather,

Thanks for your reply. The thing is nobody even knew I was going or that I cancelled. So it's kind of funny to just think to myself ..."wow today i would've been having surgery" or the next day "today it would've been over and i would be recovering." etc. etc. Maybe I should've just went. I don't know. But I made the best decision I could at the time. What else can anyone do?

Btw, I love your blogs. Very interesting.

And good luck to you and your april banding! Keep us posted.

--Linda

Well, your surgery date isnt to far off now though. You will be there in not time! About the same time as me. I can't wait to get it all over with though no more waiting and wondering. Thanks for the compliment, I haven't updated it in awhile, I need to make a few more posts when I have time. :)

My surgery was on April 4th and I was so scared in the weeks before, I really thought I would not wake up. While I was in the preop area the anesthologist gave me a iv and that's all i know, I have no recollection of putting the had on my head, no knowledge of been wheeled out of the room into the OR, nothing, it was Versad they gave me, so you don't remember anything.

I feel great. I am down 11 pounds in 5 days, not hungry, I have not taken a pain pill through this whole thing and the worst part is the gas, which is minimal now.

Good luck to you and you will posting the same post after your surgery amazed how well it really goes.

Best wishes....

Beth:rolleyes: :nervous :nervous

Okay guys leaving in the morning(monday) and spending the night because ive got a 31/2 hr ride!!!SOOOOOOOOO scared ive been praying God will calm my nerves!!I wont be able to post again until Thur because they are keeping me overnight ive got a late surgery time 3:15(ill starve to death before then) no Water or anything!!!YIKES poor me lol!!