Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 2006 Bandits

jeepgurl you have already lost 20 pounds that is WONDERFUL :clap2: , how did u do that ?:uwelcome:

Goodluck pre-banders, u will be in my prayers, and welcome home to the newest april banders, glad to hear your doing well !

:straight This is my 3rd day and I am now able to get up on my own and so here I am typing to you guys. After surgery, the pain is bad but it is bearable. I felt like I was punched in the stomach. Having a good support system for me was imperative pre and post to get through this easier. I had some ice chips in the hospital and went home and slept. Later that night I had some warm chicken broth. I feel like warmer iquids are better b/c to me they are more soothing for the stomach. You really wont care to eat at all so for all of you that are afraid you cant eat what you want, you wont want to.

Yesterday I stayed in bed as well and I had some Protein Shake, carnation instant Breakfast with some skim milk, and some more chicken broth all day. I can feel the weight already coming off from my stomach and my face.Now that is a good felling. A feeling of hope which I havent had for so long...

Today I was able to get up on my own and I am now typing this. I havent gotten sick at all, and I think I am farting but have no knowledge of it coming out until I can smell it. (Sorry for the description but have no other way of saying it.) I havent had any bowel movements since surgery and my urine is clear. I have been burping somewhat and bringing up some mucus. I havent taken my bandages off yet. Does anyone know when they should be taken off? ANyways I hope I have given my best description of my post op and will keep in touch:straight Hanging in there!

Glad to see your doing good :clap2:, thanks for the update it definetly helps me with some of the concerns I had in mind before my big day !

:straight This is my 3rd day and I am now able to get up on my own and so here I am typing to you guys. After surgery, the pain is bad but it is bearable. I felt like I was punched in the stomach. Having a good support system for me was imperative pre and post to get through this easier. I had some ice chips in the hospital and went home and slept. Later that night I had some warm chicken broth. I feel like warmer iquids are better b/c to me they are more soothing for the stomach. You really wont care to eat at all so for all of you that are afraid you cant eat what you want, you wont want to.

Yesterday I stayed in bed as well and I had some Protein shake, carnation instant Breakfast with some skim milk, and some more chicken broth all day. I can feel the weight already coming off from my stomach and my face.Now that is a good felling. A feeling of hope which I havent had for so long...

Today I was able to get up on my own and I am now typing this. I havent gotten sick at all, and I think I am farting but have no knowledge of it coming out until I can smell it. (Sorry for the description but have no other way of saying it.) I havent had any bowel movements since surgery and my urine is clear. I have been burping somewhat and bringing up some mucus. I havent taken my bandages off yet. Does anyone know when they should be taken off? ANyways I hope I have given my best description of my post op and will keep in touch:straight Hanging in there!

JenWillWin-So what day did you get banded?

Sounds like you're doing well. Regarding the bandages...always ask your doc! They just put sterile-strips on me so they will wash away in the next few days.

To others regarding post op: Remember each person is different. Like for me, I'm on only Clear Liquids (broth, s/f Jello, juice...which I Water down because I get diaherra) for a week, then I'm onto full liquids with Protein Shakes and cream Soups. It all depends on the doctor. Because they fill up your insides with air as to do the surgery laproscopically...my tummy feels like I've got an extra package strapped to my front...like it doesn't quite belong to me..lol. I burb and fart a lot getting rid of the gas. I take Gas-X, warm showers, use a heating pad and walk, walk, walk. We need to move to get rid of it. Good luck to all..those who have been banded and those soon-to-be-banded.

My date is April 21. I'm from Texas and I'm 33. I'm really excited but I'm getting kinda nervous.:eek: I'm on my 5th day of the pre-op diet and I think my stomach is eating my backbone right now as I type.

I can so relate Kristielynn!!! I too am pre-op dieting it. I am sick of optifast!!! But even more sick of being this fat...so there ya go, I keep drinking!!! Good luck to you, I get banded the 24th....am VERY excited, and a tad nervous as well!!

Kat

Hi Infaith! I was banded April 12th.Its good to know these strips will wash off cuz I am not about to pull them off. My staples look grose and so does the stitching area near the port! EWWWWWWWWWWW LOL I hate to look at it in the mirror but no pain no gain,right?

Well, I am an April 2006 bandster :eek:

Banded on the 11th, still working on getting all my fluids in and getting rid of the gas bloat. Sipping and walking.

:eek: Hi there, I had real trouble getting on this site today, did anyone else?? I was getting a bit worried that I had a computer bug, but now everything seems to be working again!

Well tomorrow is my last day on this damn pre-op diet. I will not lie everyone, this has been a really tough week for me...........tears, depression and hunger. To top it all off when I went for a weigh-in on Thursday my nurse told me I hadn't been doing the diet properly and had only lost 1 kg, I was really down when I left the surgery as she had to go and talk to the doctor about whether surgery would go ahead, and gave me a lecture about being good this weekend....................well..............the most wonderful thing happened earlier this morning, I found my pre-diet weigh-in and I had lost 5 kg in the last week, she has been looking at the form from a completely different week, I hadn't been following my weight at the end as I had had a few, ahem, last suppers hehehe!!! I am so excited now and can't wait to show her what happened, I couldn't understand the whole thing as my uniform has been looser also, and I have been so good.:)

I am looking forward to Tuesday, a fellow bandster is coming to the hospital to see me in the afternoon so I will have lots to talk to her about!!! But boy, oh boy, will I be glad to see the back of that diet........I have been going to bed early, just to get thru' the day!!!!

Bye all!!!

Fiona:)

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">Thanks Msheavensent! I started the whole liquid diet about a month ago. The first week, I subsituted one meal for a Protein Shake and I ate a tuna or salamon salad. The second week I switched out two meals. The third and fourth weeks I tried to go liquids only...I have to be honest and tell you that I really struggled with the last couple of days. My Dr. is a really stickler for losing weight and making sure you shrink your liver. So hopefully 20lbs will have that base covered.

April bandits you guys would really crack up if you heard the dreams that I have been having. Last night we were all getting our bands put in while we were on a cruise ship. There were IV lines and ports sticking out everywhere. I missed the check in and couldn't get banded. lol

I did have trouble getting on today too. Huh?? Must have been something wrong with the site.

Tomorrow I do clear liquids...no Easter feast for me.

Happy Easter everyone!

</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Oh I quite like the idea of the cruise ship, well except for the part where you miss out ,of course!!!! Just think how we could all go thru' it together. Jeezergurl, I think your doctors approach is better phasing the meals out bit by bit. I just had to go cold turkey on food and eat 2 shakes and one Soup, and it has been hard,mentally as well!!!! I have shed a few tears this week.

Oops I mean Jeeperguurl, geez my eyesight must be affected by the lack of nutrients I think (winks)

Okay today is my 5th day out and im feeling pretty good still very sore at port site i guess that is normal!!Can finally wipe after using b-room sounds gross but i feel im getting better im getting hungry,get to go on mushies on tuesday sooooo looking forward to that i havent lost a pd by my scales which is a bummer being i haven had soild food in 7 days!!Happy Easter

Fiona your day is finally right here. It seems like a long time has passed since you started this thread and it's here for you! I had my banding on 4/6 and feel absolutely terrific - like the old me but different, I know that sounds kinda weird. Best of luck to you on your day because I know you'll do great! Can't wait to hear from you that all is well. :gluck: :eek:

:clap2: Y'all are doing sooooo great!!! Those on pre-op diets...keep up the good work....you can do it!!!! (if I can, anyone can!). Those of you going through your post-op ...tks for sharing; it is soooo helpful.

I have five more sleeps to go; excited like everyone else (and of course, nervous..but prob normal!).

I've only been eating yogourt (yep, that is it!) for the last 3 days...mind you I have stumbled across some amazing flavours! (thank god!!!!).

HOPPY Bunny Day to you all!!!!