Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 2006 Bandits

Great thread...btw, I always played the cowboy role when I was little (rough 'n tumble tom boy that I was!) so I have no problem being a bandit! LOL. I"d like to join the group; I am getting banded on 21 Apr. I'm on day 3 of my pre-op 2 week diet (ugh..but hangin' in there).

To all of you April Bandits who have had it already...WAY TO GO!! Keep up the great work; to all those who are yet to be banded: GOOD LUCK!

BTW< I'm 40 (that just sounds too odd when I write that down because I sure don't feel 40!) and I live in Ontario, Canada.

Great to have you in the "family" Yoda!!! You will be having your surgery the day before my birthday!!!

Hi everyone.

I'm 3 days post op and am feeling more like myself today. I actually got out and went to my moms for a change of scenery. Even though it was tough getting in and out of the car, it was nice to leave the couch for just a little while. Tonight I am bound and determined that I am sleeping in my own bed. Went for a nice walk down the street and was really tired when I got back but it felt nice to get some air. I weighed myself at moms and was so surprised to see that I have lost 17 pounds!!!! I was sure her scale was incorrect but she says she checks herself after she comes back from her doctor's appointments and that it is correct. WOW!!! I am starting to get hungry but have been sticking very well to the Protein Shakes, clear broth, popsicle diet. Can't wait to get to the next stage and beyond. Once again, everyone coming up for their surgery dates, you'll do just fine. I truly am surprised that it was worse in my head than reality and I have never had major surgery before.

Ok...where is my comrade JenWillwin? Are we ready for this? I fly out early Tuesday morning (5:20) to make pre-ops. How about you?

Wow! I can't believe that TODAY is one week post-op. This time last week I was sitting on my sofa wondering what the heck I had just done.:faint: :faint: :faint: :faint: :faint: :faint: :faint: :faint:

I had my post-op appt today at the Dr.'s office. We ended up having a group meeting. There were six of us who had been banded the same day and all of us are still in varying stages of recovery.

My recovery is following all of the predictable stages, so I know just about what to expect. Now if the port pain will start to subside. :rolleyes

;) I haven't a clue to how much weight I have lost so far. It depends on which scale you go by. According the scale at home: 10 lbs, the hospital: 16 lbs, the dr.'s office: 3 1/2 lbs. Of course they told me I get to go by the dr.'s scale, but I don't care, my clothes are getting roomier and that feels pretty good.

Also, I GOT TO START MUSHIES TODAY!!!!!! And they were good! :hungry:

I had 4 oz FF Refried Beans with Salsa. YUMMMMMMM! It's almost time to drink again. YEA!!

So to all my fellow Bandits who have yet to be banded or are at home wondering when the pain will end and you can eat again: There is light at the end of the tunnel. Hang in there! I'm with you all the way!

:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

Good luck to us all!

Audra

First off I would like to wish tlj ,Reyna ,and dsrjrr all good luck tomorrow on thier banding.

Tomorrow is also my day as well and I cant wait.

It is finally here...

Also tommorrow will be exactly 1 year that my dad had passed away So instead of morning over the lose of my dad I will be on the operating table and he will be watching me :biggrin1: .

HERE'S AN UPDATED SCHEDULE OF OUR APRIL BANDITS!

THE LIST

JenRN 4-3 and Picardy3 4-3, Mom2Blak 4-3

Angelu 4-4 and brneyezz 4-4 and judyc 4-4, Sugar1

Boo 4-5ffice:office" /><O:p></O:p>

Klsame 4-6, Disneynut 4-6

little one 4-10 and Nissi69 4-10

tlj 4-11 and Reyna 4-11 and Vickie1177 4-11, dsrjrr 4-11

Infaith 4-12 and JenWillwin 4-12<O:p></O:p>

Nursekathy2u 4-13<O:p></O:p>

Miper70, 4-14

Shackdog 4-17 and Amourette 4-17 and Jeepergurrl 4-17<O:p></O:p>

Danaclark2 4-18

Kathi 4 -19<O:p></O:p>

Omamoon 4-20 and Indababy 4-20

Yoda 4-21 and lmt33167 4- 21<O:p></O:p>

Alisonb 4-22

Eficka 4-24, Ceparano 4-24<O:p></O:p>

Bostongurl 4-25

Tracylou 4-26, K@t 4-26

Jellibeanz 4-28 and Susan4794 4-28 and msheavensent 4-28

Scneaux 4-29

WELCOME TO OUR NEW MEMBERS!

If you are not on the list, please let us know so that we can include you.

--Linda

(aka Indababy)<O:p</O:p<!-- / message -->

Hey You Two,

I was thinking about you today hoping everything went well. You have been in my prayers and I hope to hear from both of you soon. Let us know how you are doing.

Jennifer

I am scheduled for April 24th. Actually one of my sister in laws and I are going together! The buddy program we deicided! We have a 3 1/2 hour drive to the airport and will be flying to Mexico. I am somewhat worried about the return trip...but I figure one way or the other we will make it. Hubby is going to be there, he will make sure I get home ok!!! I am so excited I wish it had been done already!

Kat

THE LIST

4-3 JenRN and Picardy3 and Mom2Blak

4-4 Angelu and brneyezz and judyc and Sugar1

4-5 Boo ffice:office" /><O:p></O:p>

4-6 Klsame and Disneynut

4-10 little one and Nissi69

4-11 tlj and Reyna and Vickie1177 and dsrjrr

4-12 Infaith and JenWillwin <O:p</O:p

4-13 Nursekathy2u <O:p</O:p

4-14 Miper70

4 -17 Shackdog and Amourette and Jeepergurrl <O:p</O:p

4-18 Danaclark2

4 -19 Kathi <O:p</O:p

4-20 Omamoon and Indababy

4-21 Yoda and lmt33167 and kristielynn<O:p</O:p

4-22 Alisonb

4-24 Eficka and Ceparano and Kat <O:p</O:p

4-25 Bostongurl

4-26 Tracylou and K@t

4-28 Jellibeanz and Susan4794 and msheavensent

4-29 Scneaux

WELCOME TO OUR NEW MEMBERS!

If you are not on the list, please let us know so that we can include you.

--Linda

(aka Indababy)<O:p</O:p<!-- / message -->

<!-- / message --><!-- edit note --><HR style="COLOR: #d1d1e1" SIZE=1>

Hello all fellow bandsters and future ones! I am officially in bandland!!!!

I just got home from the hospital about two hours ago. I have been on morphine since 4:00 yesterday and started on percocet when i arrived home at 1:30 today. So i am feeling very little pain right now!!

My surgery was at 1:30 yesterday, woke up in recovery at 4pm. was in a lot of pain, but not unbearable pain. As i said above, they started injecting the morphine as soon as i woke up. I got to my room around 6pm, more morphine. My liquid dinner arrived about an hour later. I sippe about 2 ounces of chicken broth, and beleive it or not, it helped my stomach feel better.

they had me sit up in a chair for two hours, then had me walk 25 feet at a time every two hours after that. The pain started kicking in, so more morphine and i went to bed. Had pain on and off all night.Finally got some sleep from 3:30 to 6am. After the sleep, i felt much better. Had my upper GI and was discharged and home by 1:30 today.

I am sore and feel very tight. But all in all, much better than i expected to feel. The whole thing was not nearly as bad as i had convinced myself it was going to be.

Thanks for all of your well wishes and prayers! And good luck to the rest of the APRIL BANDITS!!

Nissi

Hey You Two,

I was thinking about you today hoping everything went well. You have been in my prayers and I hope to hear from both of you soon. Let us know how you are doing.

Jennifer

girl, you have some powerful prayers! Everything went well. Thanks for thinking of me!!!

Nissi :biggrin1:

Welcome home new bandsters, glad to know u are doing well ! I just can't wait for my day I have about 17 more days ! Everyone is in my prayers !