Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 2006 Bandits

Danielle, I have been having bad back ache as well,I thought maybe it might be from not being able to stand too straight as my tummy is still a bit tight,but I am going to ask the surgeon when I have my one week checkup tomorow!!!

Byeeee all...............

BTW...............I dusted off my juicer and made fresh apple juice today, it is sooooooo yummy, I am excited about juicing something else tomorrow hehehe,I think I have found a new hobby!!!!!!! YOu guys should try this apple juice though..............yummy!!!! Oh and boiling a chicken for chicken Soup right now...............oh I have been really domestic today, oh and drove for the first time today also.............

Hugs to you all

Amourette aka Fiona XXXX:girl_hug: :clap2:

Hello, April Bandsters--

Update on me--yesterday marked a week out. I've lost about 5 lbs. from the day of surgery and about 14 lbs from the day I saw the surgeon--back in Feb., I think.

I'm a little sore in the port area but feel great otherwise--a little tired at times, too, because I think I'm doing too much (I was vacuuming, etc. two days after surgery--I have three children under the age of 5, and even though my husband is still home, I have a LOT to do).

Glad to see that everyone is home and sound.

Good luck to you all.

***Oh Telly Melly, thank you for that link to the lap band surgery site--it was quite amazing. It reinforced to me how much I need to keep with the liquids, etc. until I am completely healed.

I haven't vomited at all--just a little nauseated here and there. How about the rest of you?

Good Dana! After I saw it in it's entirety, I realized just really how important the liquid diet really was.

Tellymelly had asked about my weight and how i am feeling,

so here's a quick update--

I started at 225 lbs. when i decided to do this. When I left for Monterrey I was 223 lbs. A week post op I am 215 lbs. It's nice cause pants feel a little looser. But like others I am very sick of this liquid phase as well. Can't wait to get to soft food. Dr. Rumbaut recommends liquids for the first 2-3 weeks and then soft food for weeks 4-6. And I am only one week in...UGH!!! But I'll do what I gotta do. I did chew a little of a cheeseburger and spit it out (very embarrassed to admit that). I was afraid of accidentally swallowing.

Well, enough about me. Take care everybody.

Hope all is well!

--Linda

Dr. Rumbaut

4/20/06

223/215/?

Hello, April Bandsters--

I haven't vomited at all--just a little nauseated here and there. How about the rest of you?

Hiya, 5 days out for me. I have been regularly taking children's liquid gravol for nausea....just in case!!! I'm soooo parnoid about vomiting I didn't want to take a chance!!! Only once did I feel pretty nauseous...I took gravol right away and I as fine. I'll prob keep that up for another 2 days. I think though that it was the pain meds making me nauseous and I'm not taking those anymore, so I'll prob be okay!!!

Yoda,

I'm glad the nausea has stopped for you. Is vomitting the main thing you have to worry about in regards to slippage?

I'm sure others with more experience can answer that better than I. I just know that vomiting soon after being banded is NOT good.....I think slippage can also be caused by overeating??? Not sure though. But I certainly wanted my band to get in place and heal well and not slip due to any unecessary vomiting, that is for sure!

Just a quick word on vomiting, as you probably know from this thread I suffered the worst 5 hour non-stop vomiting ever...............never had this happen in my life ever and never hope to have it again, I thought I was dying, well dying seemed the easier option at the time.

My surgeon said despite all this it would take months of vomiting to slip the band ( and I was retching badly).

I now have some anti-nausea tablets and I would recommend you all get some and have them on hand just in case. I wasn't prepared and it cost me a $300 doctor visit at 2am in the morning!

Cheers Amourette!

Well, I'm on Day 4 and doing pretty good, think. The big hunger pangs went away by the end of day 2 (thank god). Had my first shower yesterday and it felt good. I'm surprised (knock on wood) at how well the incisions look. I just have 2 icky spots that blistered up from the tape that are now open and nasty looking (not on or near the incisions though), so I'll just keep an eye on those. Thankfully I can carefully roll onto either side now to sleep...that helps a lot since I am a terrible back sleeper. My neck pain has also gone away, so I'm happy for that. As for the gas, I really don't think I'm getting any gas pains...at least nothing that I notice. After I "eat" (ie. slowly drink 1/4 cup of consomme) I feel a little bit "golf ballish" (if that is what that is)...like a "I'm so full" feeling which I guess just means that my stomach is still swollen in there (since I'm not filled yet). I had difficutly taking my pills by crushing them (ewwww...taste horrible!) so I've been just cutting them up into tinier pieces and swallowing them; seems alright. I think I've been drinking enough liquids...sip sip sipping away. Although I think I'm only getting about 300-400 calories a day right now. I am getting 40 g of Protein a day.

This is so weird - i8 was just about to post my first pre-op feedback and read your post - all i can say is DITTO! Please see above! hehe. Except for the gas pains - i FOR SURE knew i had those!! The rest sounds like a portion from my diary!! Another thing we have in common, is that last night (firrst night home since staying with mom for TLC) i told my husband i don't think it's going to work out because the pool was dirty and he did not put the porridge away after making himself...a meal. I thought i was being totally rational in telling him i don't feel appreciated and i feel like a visitor in my own home, ect ect - Luckily he ignored me and went to bed...hehe. Today the sun is shining again and i might just keep him...who knows!

Day 5: - 4.4

I am taking Waferin to keep my blood thin - anyone else? I have to do it for a whole month.

LOL ali :bananadoggywow:

Hey Amourette!!

Hehe - u are soo funny! I am glad to be back home although staying with my mom and dad had HUGE advantages!! I am happy surgery is over and that this week is nearly done...Now we'll just take one day at a time i quess!

Hey everyone I am back from my first post-op surgeons appointment.......................bandages off and not looking too bad. One more week of liquids then thicker liquids like yoghurt etc for a week then mushies. But yippee :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: I have lost 20.3 pounds (9.2kg) since pre-op diet started........am soooo happy as was not going to even bother weighing myself as seemed to early and pointless but couldn't resist, I think 8 or 9 pounds in last 8 days..........my current trousers are loose. This has given me inspiration. I don't see the doc for a month now.

Also there is a great thread started by k@t about liquid stage ideas, worth checking out.

Bonsoir all.....................

Fiona XXX:D

Good for you Amourette!!!!

Hey Alison...glad you are back home!! (Hehe)....yes, I was banded only 1 day before you...so we're sorta on the same schedule.

GREAT NEWS EVERYONE: I woke up this morning and I was sleeping on my TUMMY!!! WHOOOOOOOOOO HOooooooooooooooooooo I loooove sleeping on my tummy!! That's gotta be a good sign!!!

:clap2:

Roberta, So glad to hear you post! How are you doing?

April Bandits~ April is almost over can you believe we made it? Anybody up for a May challenge? Maybe we could set some goals for ourselves and track them in together.

Amourette, have you tried blending up a can of Soup? I have bought every soup on the shelf. I love the juicer idea...might have to go buy one. Sorry to hear that you got so sick.

Indybaby, way to go gurl!

I am dying to get out and drive my Jeep...it's been nice and muddy here in So. Cali.

Ok gurls lets keep on the "band"wagon. he he

I was banded this past Tuesday - April 25th in Provo, Utah by Dr. Robert McKeen. :clap2: I am doing well I guess - only Clear Liquids for a week, but it hasn't been too bad yet. The only incision that really hurts is the one for the port, but then it's the biggest one also. I have a friend who was banded just before Thanksgiving in 2005, and she has already lost over 40 pounds. I have chronic osteoarthritis - total hip replaced, two total knees, etc. so I really need to lose weight so I can put less stress on my joints and hopefully slow down the other surgeries needed to replace worn out joints. This is a new journey for me, but I'm happy I found this forum. I've actually been reading all your comments for a few months now, as I've been preparing for my surgery. Thanks for all the great advice. I felt I was very well prepared going into surgery. Now I just need to figure out how to get a ticker on the bottom of my post, and I'm all set.

weight.png[/img]