Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am getting nervous my surgery date is tues the 17th... One more day and I am there!!! woooohoooo

I wish you all the best! I am so excited for you!

I am getting nervous my surgery date is tues the 17th... One more day and I am there!!! woooohoooo

I'm on the 17th too! My stomach just switched into butterfly mode!

My surgery was on April 2 and although I'm still sore it is the best thing I have ever done! My husband and kids tell me all the time how proud they are of me for sticking with it even when they are eating not so healthy. I has taken me a long time to get to this point. Miracles do happen and good things come to those who wait!!! Best wishes to those of you already scheduled!

I'm on the 17th too! My stomach just switched into butterfly mode!

Good luck!!

I'm April 20th too. I am so excited but scared too, it's awesome to get in contact with people going through the same thing. I need all the support I cen get :)

Good luck to everyone getting banded this month! I was banded on the 13th :)

I am also April 20th. I'm not nervous really, I just want Friday to be here, because I am so sick of the pre-op diet.

My surgery is in 3 days and while I've been fine, I'm suddenly a bundle of anxious nerves... thinking about taking a xanax and going to bed! ugh...

Mine is the 18th and I'm not nervous, but a little concerned that I haven't told my kids and that might tick them off.

Got "the call" from the surgical center telling me when to be there - what to bring, etc...

Bring DL and Ins card, socks for your feet, pillow for the car ride home. Wear loose clothing, no metal on your body, no jewelry, no contact lenses. If ride home will be more than an hour, bring pain meds with you to take before you leave the hospital.

NPO after midnight the night before. Be there at 11:15, surgery @ 12:15 - plan to be there between 3 and 4 hours.

Anyone know the differences in the different size lapbands? And maybe why one size is chosen over the other?

Just now reading all the info the doc gave me months ago, can you tell? LOL

My surgeon has me staying overnight. Which is a good thing because I get very nauseous over small things so the less I have to travel the better. Less then 24 hours and I will be banded :)

My surgeon has me staying overnight. Which is a good thing because I get very nauseous over small things so the less I have to travel the better. Less then 24 hours and I will be banded :)

Congrats! I've still got a couple of days, and actually I'm glad I'm not staying the night. I just think I'd be more comfortable at home in my own bed. But then I have never had any issues with surgery before.

I'm staying over night on the 17th too!

Ramblings....

My beautiful step daughter is getting married June 23rd. Her mother is about the size I am. We do not have a good relationship. Like if I walk in the room, she leaves kind of tense.

I have got to look better than she does in June - if it means I have to bribe one of you ladies to come use a chainsaw on me, I have to have a waist by then. I don't have to be a size 10 or anything, but I have to be down some! LOL

Like most of you I have tried every known diet. I'd been very successful at times, but gained every bit and then some back, each time. I am terrified that this will result in the same thing. I know that ultimately I am in control. I know that I have to change my lifestyle.... of couse I knew all that 30 yrs ago when this started too!

I lost 120 pounds with phen/fen.... I joined a gym and worked out every day, I spent money on clothes and fitness magazines. Then the gym membership ran out - I thought I had "arrived at my goal" and didn't renew - over the next couple of years I gained everything back. Phen/fen was off the market by then....

The what if's that go through my head are about failure - not a fear of surgery. I am scared silly of needles and thinking fills won't be any fun, but I do donate blood just to prove to myself that I can do it. I do believe in mind over matter, to a certain extent.

I haven't told my adult children because .... well, I don't really have a reason. I don't want to hear the expected "why don't you just lose weight the normal way?". I was going to tell my son last night but he and his wife invited us over for dinner - chicken, and I'm in the pre-op phase and didn't want to go for dinner.

It seems all socializing we do it around food and drinks. I don't know why. But does anyone have friends over and not have food?

Sounds like a bitter motivation.

However, I wish you luck.