Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Got the OK from my PCP after stress test and ECG...so it looks like I am getting banded on Thursday! Is it normal to be freaking out and having second thoughts???

I am still pending with insurance, but I started my liquid diet today.trying to get a feel for it. Hope I get approved waiting for 2 weeks! They have it scheduled for 4/30 cross fingers

I am so sick of liquids...LOL! I can't go 5 minutes without having to go to the bathroom! Good Luck Letsdothis with your approval.

Yeah!! I'm scheduled for April 23rd in Ft Worth Tx. Pre-op visit with the nurse is tomorrow.

Roni

I'm scheduled for April 20th. I've been on the liquid diet since the 1st of the month. I've cheated twice. I had easter dinner on the weekend, and tonight I ate some popcorn at the movies. :(

I'm down like 8 pounds already though, so I'm not too concerned.

I'm scheduled for April 20th. I've been on the liquid diet since the 1st of the month. I've cheated twice. I had easter dinner on the weekend, and tonight I ate some popcorn at the movies. :(

I'm down like 8 pounds already though, so I'm not too concerned.

The doc said its not about the weight you lose but the amount of fat that is around the liver. So make sure the fat content you intake is very low. And lots of Protein Shakes to help with recovery. Good Luck!

Well, after many months of SWL, my Insurance approval came back in just a matter of days. My surgery date is April 18th! I have to follow a low fat 1500 cal/day pre-surgery diet. This will not be difficult since I've been doing this all along. As of today, I'm down 18 lbs. I have to admit...I'm getting nervous. Good luck to everyone! :)

Well' date=' after many months of SWL, my Insurance approval came back in just a matter of days. My surgery date is April 18th! I have to follow a low fat 1500 cal/day pre-surgery diet. This will not be difficult since I've been doing this all along. As of today, I'm down 18 lbs. I have to admit...I'm getting nervous. Good luck to everyone! :)[/quote']

I'm apr 17th!!

I fly out to Las Vegas tomorrow to visit with a friend and then stay with her after surgery...Since i have a place to stay post op, I will stay till the first fill. I was told the first fill is one month after surgery and the lap band is placed unfilled due to swelling around the stomach as a result of surgery.

My surgery is on the 18th..protein shakes three days pre op...so start that on the 15th.

Having the same thoughts as many at times I think I can just do this on my own...but then I say I need a "tool"....so bring on the tool...lol

I fly out to Las Vegas tomorrow to visit with a friend and then stay with her after surgery...Since i have a place to stay post op' date=' I will stay till the first fill. I was told the first fill is one month after surgery and the lap band is placed unfilled due to swelling around the stomach as a result of surgery.

My surgery is on the 18th..protein shakes three days pre op...so start that on the 15th.

Having the same thoughts as many at times I think I can just do this on my own...but then I say I need a "tool"....so bring on the tool...lol[/quote']

I think that's a good attitude to have. I'm trying to train myself to know that I'm doing the work, the band is just my sidekick :-)

Getting banded a week from today!

Good luck everyone!

I wish I was allowed to have 1600 calories a day, and eat real food. My pre-surgery diet is only 3 medical shakes a day, and 225 calories of only non-starchy veggies a day, so like 850 calories a day. I'm not even allowed to have other Protein sources. If I could have tofu, or chicken or fat free cottage cheese, I wouldn't be feeling so deprived.

I think that's a good attitude to have. I'm trying to train myself to know that I'm doing the work' date=' the band is just my sidekick :-)

Getting banded a week from today!

Good luck everyone![/quote']

Me too!

So I had my final consult with the surgeon tonight, and he just then mentioned that there is an upper BMI cut off, and I am currently above it :|

If I don't lose 9 pounds before next Friday, my surgery will have to be rescheduled. I am very unimpressed that I am just hearing this now. I am a self-pay, and I am travelling. I am also self-employed, so to get the time off I need, has been a great deal of arranging.

I guess I won't even be drinking the Protein Shakes now, and I'll just be having steamed veggies for the next 9 days. Anyone have tips on how to cut weight?

RunningScared,

I'm getting banded on Thursday and my doctor had me on a liquid diet for 14 days. I lost 11 pounds the first 5 days. Clear Liquids (broth, crystal light, Water, sugar free jell-o) unlimited, 3 low sugar/carb Protein Shakes per day.