Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

so.... are you guys telling your friends and neighbors about your surgery? I'm unsure if I want to or not.

I don't want to be judged on my success, but then I don't think the people that matter to me will do that.

I'm more conflicted about telling than I am about surgery.

Hi Kami,

I haven't started the pre-op diet yet, but it sounds like yours... A couple of shakes a day, 1c veg/fruit, etc... I have to go look at it again tonight and buy some shakes, but I'm not too worried because I've done 10-day fasts before and know how to get into the mental groove... So I think I'll be feeling better once I start the diet, because I'll have STARTED already. This anxiety of anticipation is making me nuts because I know I can eat still, and I don't know if I will be able to afterwards. But I feel better having said it out loud, and I'm so grateful that I'm not alone here!!!!

Where are you from? I'm in NYC going to Dr Fielding.

so.... are you guys telling your friends and neighbors about your surgery? I'm unsure if I want to or not.

I told my boss and one co-worker, my parents, and my 10 closest friends. But I'm not telling anyone else for now...

Hi Kami,

I haven't started the pre-op diet yet, but it sounds like yours... A couple of shakes a day, 1c veg/fruit, etc... I have to go look at it again tonight and buy some shakes, but I'm not too worried because I've done 10-day fasts before and know how to get into the mental groove... So I think I'll be feeling better once I start the diet, because I'll have STARTED already. This anxiety of anticipation is making me nuts because I know I can eat still, and I don't know if I will be able to afterwards. But I feel better having said it out loud, and I'm so grateful that I'm not alone here!!!!

Where are you from? I'm in NYC going to Dr Fielding.

hahaha - you know you could start your shakes a couple of days early, and be "on your way" if you wanted to.

I am in Texas, going to Fort Worth Lap Band, Dr. Adam Smith.

My husband and I are Herbalife distributors, and we've done the shakes for months at a time and actually lost quite a bit of rate on them, but then we "fall off the wagon" and it all comes back. So I'm not disappointed in having to have 2 shakes a day, they're good and we like the flavors available.

My nutritionist OK'd them for me. The worst part is when I make them the way I like them, there is too much volume for a banded person. So I may have to concentrate them or buy something different after surgery. But right now, while I still want more volume, they're great.

hahaha - you know you could start your shakes a couple of days early, and be "on your way" if you wanted to.

*cough* right.

*cough* right.

oh, come on! I shouldn't suffer alone!!

Actually made a big pot of Soup yesterday and had a big cup full just now. I'll need something else before the evening is over, but today have had 3 bottles of Water, a shake, 2 cups of coffee, and a mondo cup of soup.

Will need much more water, and maybe some yogurt or something this evening. I'm not hungry, at all.

Hey girls. I was banded 3-1-12 and first of all, u don't know what u can and can't eat. Everyone is different. U may be able to eat anything with no problems but more importantly, when they weight starts coming off and those cute sexy clothes start zipping up easily, r u gonna give a crap about food ur not eating??? U can do this. Mind over matter!! We r all here to encourage each other! U can also download "myfitnesspal" where most of r friends and can keep each other accountable! (Manda gay is my user name over there). We are doing something that is going to change us forever in a VERY GOOD WAY!! Feel free to message me with any questions or concerns. U r on ur way!

I am ready. I'm teasing about anything else. I would go tomorrow if they'd let me. I did sign onto myfitnesspal, but honestly I don't do well guessing what the calories I had were. For instance I had a large cup of homemade Soup. It had grown beef, tomatoes, celery, onions, green Beans, corn, and small Pasta shells. Measuring cup wise, it was probably 1.5 - 1.75 cups. I have no idea what to record for that.

Hmmm on the Soup I would probably look up vegetable beef soup and record what looked closest to what I had then look up macaroni noodles cooked plain and add how much of that I had. Some of it is guess work but I always try to over guesstimate a bit. It just gives me perspective otherwise it's so easy to not realize how much u r eating

I was curious, what kind of exercise is everyone doing, especially while on the pre-op diet? My husband and I just started P90X but I have my surgery next Thursday, so I know I won't be able to do that for a few weeks.

Thanks!

My surgery is scheduled for April 13. I'm just waiting to hear back from my insurance company which feels like its taking forever when in reality it's only been 2 days. I am a mix of super excited And super nervous. Does anyone happen to know how long it will be until I will be able to pick up my 20 lb baby again?

I have a 20 lb baby too. They told me 3 weeks. There's a 15 lb weight restriction for three weeks.

So I go to my preop appt. Thursday my surgery is April25 can you say SUPER GEEKED

Girl, I am going to be banded on April 24 2012. Hope all will go well.

I'm going in for my surgery tomorrow at 8am down in LA. Waiting now to hear from transportation to see what time they will pick me up for the 6 hour drive down. Not to worried but had to deal with a last minute break down from my mom who is really worried and thinks I'm going to die =/ I calmed her down a bit but calls me every few mins still. I wish it was closer to my home so she could visit me at the hospital.

How are you doing so far since you got the band? Did you loose some weight? I am just curious to see the result on me. Please let me know

Girl, I am going to be banded on April 24 2012. Hope all will go well.

Thank you... Hope everything goes well with you too