Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi all! Today is surgery day-i'm signed in just in the lobby waiting to be called back. Not too nervous just ready to get this show on the road!

Thinking of you today! I feel really good.

At the surgical center. Signed in. Waiting.

Stopped for gasx on the way, thinking I may need that.

Thanks. Have IV and belly shot so far. Just a hangin' out.

Thinking of you today! I feel really good.

Hey Lisa. Thinking about you. I'm in pre-op area now. Have IV and belly shot.

Verified that they are doing the plication... so I am ready! !

Feeling much better today. Banded Monday at 9:00 am. Did not sleep much yesterday, but last night I crashed and just got up. Can't wait for the gas to move through. :wacko:

I always use a straw

I was banded today and I'm sipping my grody chalky Protein Drink thru a straw. It's true, you swallow a touch more air from drinking from a straw but it sounds like you nursed that drink of yours Chunkygirl.

I wish I could've had a last supper last night :(. Jealous!

I got an unexpected extra lap site today because my liver is on the large side, despite my pre op clear liquid diet. He said no worries but I'm quite sore. I got home from the hospital a couple hours ago. My doc gave me the option early this AM, before surgery, to stay a night or go home outpatient. I'm regretting the decision to go home. I'm more sore than I anticipated. I was given liquid lortab and will take it every four as directed until its better. I don't have a low pain threshold, I've had two cesareans in the past two years and I thought they were easy peasy... I'll get up and walk frequently tonight. Its not gas, so I don't think heat would help. But maybe a little whining to you all will!

Hi Everybody, this is my first day post op and I'm feeling pretty good. No real gas pain anymore and not a lot of pain by the incisions. I didn't get much sleep at the hospital with them taking vitals and different things beeping through the night. My Doctor and nurse advised not to take Gas-x but I'm sorry last night it was unbearable. I took it and it really helped. So when I got home today. I had some GOOD SF Jello and broth (clear liquids until Friday) and then slept for 6 hours. I feel good now and getting ready to watch my DVR'd American idol. Hope everyone who got surgery today or yesterday are doing well :)

I can't believe I did this. I completely forgot that we're not supposed to drink through straws right now and I got a DD iced tea this morning' date=' it was like 16 oz, I've been nursing it since 830 this morning, I just finished it and realized on the very last sip that i drank the whole friggin thing through the straw. What an idiot I am!!!![/quote']

My doctors off said a straw was fine. Now I can see you'd be getting a lot of air if you slurped the bottom of the glass

Hi.. I did it - I'm on the other side. Was the drs first patient at 8:30 am, got home by six... Am drinking just fine, surprisingly more than I thought I'd be able to get down... The best so far was the cup of matzohball-soup broth from Ben's Delicatessen....but I can't sleep and my throat is killing me from the breathing tube. That's by far the worst part, my throat. Otherwise I'm sore but not in pain, nor too gassy... Thankful for this group?

My dr gave me a hard plastic cup with their logo that came with a straw! U may swallow a little extra air but Its not enough to slip a band and it helps me take smaller sips

I see the anesthesiologist tomorrow, for surgery Friday. I'm nervous and excited at the same time.

Tomorrow is my day...ahhh! :) They had me scheduled for check in at 7 but they called me today to bump me up to 545 check in...so I have to leave my house at 430. Good news is I dont have a lot of time to get nervous with it being so early.

Tomorrow is my day...ahhh! :) They had me scheduled for check in at 7 but they called me today to bump me up to 545 check in...so I have to leave my house at 430. Good news is I dont have a lot of time to get nervous with it being so early.

Thats great. It was almost 12:30 before I got to get back there.