Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Mine is April 26th and I live in a small town in colorado there are no other support groups here so i am looking for some friends and a buddy also!!

I am having mine done on the 27th, so we will be going through this together! Good luck!

I was also banded yesterday. I'm comfortable when awake, but sleeping is hard.

I was banded on wed n i can only have Water diet snapple n sf icepops for five days. Then only Protein Shakes n water for two weeks. Im not physically hungry but i would "like" to eat something

Hi everyone I'm so excited I finely got approved!! After 6 weeks of nothing but issues! I'm finely scheduled for my Sergey on May 8 After a long long time of waiting, I'm scared I hear so many things good & bad.. even though I have seen frist hand my sister in law lose all her body fat, its all gone she went from 207 to 126 and has kept it off for 4 years now..And thats with only one fill & also drinks sodas.. but really now that its my turn I'm super scared :( Im asking for u all to please give me alittle support ...

I had my gallbladder out 5 years ago, and this is much less painful. I was on Percocet and strong medications for a few days. Im less than 24 hours out, and im comfortable with just childrens Tylenol and codene. Oh and I can walk a few laps around my hotel floor easily.

It's not too bad, you'll do great :)

I am having mine done on the 27th' date=' so we will be going through this together! Good luck![/quote']

Good luck to you as well!! I will keep you posted as to how it goes for me. I start my 0 cal. liquid diet on mon. This last week I cooked a months worth of food and put in the freezer for my hubby and kids. That way I don't have to worry about what they are eatting :)

Been on the pre-op diet for 3 days now. 1st day not so bad. 2nd day I was starving. Today is the 3rd day and not starving, but have no energy today. So far today I have had 1 Protein Shake, 1 cup of broth, and a bottle of Water. I was told by the Dr. to stop my insulin when I started the pre-op diet because he thought my blood sugar would drop to low, well I havn't had my insulin in 3 days and my blood sugar is really high. I dont really understand this, since I am on a sugar free diet the only carbs is in the Protein shake (12g) each.

I was banded Weds and I'm day 3 post-op... Here's how it's gone so far:

Weds, B-Day -- Outpatient, walked in the hospital. Walked 4 blocks and then got in bed for the rest of the day. Took liquid Vicadin every 4 hours... Night was very hard. Couldn't sleep, couldn't get comfortable. Finally managed to roll over on my side, even though it hurt a bit more, and fell asleep...

Thurs, 1st day -- Had lots of visitors, felt pretty good. In some pain, but walked 5 blocks in the morning and 10 in the afternoon. Managed to go #2 (hallelujah!) Took pain meds every 4 hours all day. Was able to sleep finally only on my side.

Fri, 2nd day -- Finally had less pain!! Woke up at 8:30am and then went back for a nap at noon. Slept most of the day. Was up for a few hours in the evening, then went to bed at 8:30pm and had a GREAT sleep!!!

Sat, 3rd day, today -- Woke up with energy and no pain. A bit stiff, but ready to get out of the house! At 10am took a taxi to midtown to get my watch fixed, and then had a Soup at a coffee shop... It felt good to be out, but was a lot. Got home around noon and have been resting on the couch reading all day... HUGELY constipated and incredibly uncomfortable!! Made some "smooth moves" tea, was finally able to go #2, and I feel amazing. Am considering going out to take another walk. But it's weird, I don't have anything to do outside. I would usually go get lunch or dinner or go buy food.< /p>

What the heck do I do with myself if I don't need anything having to do with food???

Man, you are walking a lot! I've done is 5 loops around the floor in my hotel in my Jammie's. I'm having some watered down apple juice, and the broth from some chicken noodle cup-o-soup. Might have some lemon Jello later.

All I get for pain is liquid codene and liquid tylenol. No Vicodin here :(

Hi everyone! I Got banded yesterday, I feel really good. Taking pain meds every 4 hrs. I slept better than I think I would, I'm a belly sleeper and I had to sleep on my back but I guess I was so tired I passed out. I've been drinking Clear Liquids, but I really miss chewing :( two more weeks for that. But I am so excited to start seeing the pounds down that I forget about the eating.

Congrats dani...

I was banded Weds and I'm day 3 post-op... Here's how it's gone so far:

Weds' date=' B-Day -- Outpatient, walked in the hospital. Walked 4 blocks and then got in bed for the rest of the day. Took liquid Vicadin every 4 hours... Night was very hard. Couldn't sleep, couldn't get comfortable. Finally managed to roll over on my side, even though it hurt a bit more, and fell asleep...

Thurs, 1st day -- Had lots of visitors, felt pretty good. In some pain, but walked 5 blocks in the morning and 10 in the afternoon. Managed to go #2 (hallelujah!) Took pain meds every 4 hours all day. Was able to sleep finally only on my side.

Fri, 2nd day -- Finally had less pain!! Woke up at 8:30am and then went back for a nap at noon. Slept most of the day. Was up for a few hours in the evening, then went to bed at 8:30pm and had a GREAT sleep!!!

Sat, 3rd day, today -- Woke up with energy and no pain. A bit stiff, but ready to get out of the house! At 10am took a taxi to midtown to get my watch fixed, and then had a Soup at a coffee shop... It felt good to be out, but was a lot. Got home around noon and have been resting on the couch reading all day... HUGELY constipated and incredibly uncomfortable!! Made some "smooth moves" tea, was finally able to go #2, and I feel amazing. Am considering going out to take another walk. But it's weird, I don't have anything to do outside. I would usually go get lunch or dinner or go buy food.< /p>

What the heck do I do with myself if I don't need anything having to do with food???[/quote']

That's exactly what my husband and I were talking about last night. We were so bored because we had nothing to do. Usually we goi out to dinner or do something that involves food. Now that I got surgery he's trying to do better too but we're so bored!

Been on the pre-op diet for 3 days now. 1st day not so bad. 2nd day I was starving. Today is the 3rd day and not starving, but have no energy today. So far today I have had 1 Protein Shake, 1 cup of broth, and a bottle of Water. I was told by the Dr. to stop my insulin when I started the pre-op diet because he thought my blood sugar would drop to low, well I havn't had my insulin in 3 days and my blood sugar is really high. I dont really understand this, since I am on a sugar free diet the only carbs is in the Protein shake (12g) each.

Hey! I am a Registered Nurse from Georgia who happens to be a certified diabetes educator as well. I am having my lap band done this coming Friday on April 27th. Congrats to you. The reason your blood sugar is so high is because you aren't eating enough carbs so your body is making glucose for you......which is not a good thing for diabetics. You seriously need to start back your insulin before you stroke out! The same thing happens when diabetics get sick and can't hold food down. Blood sugar gets higher and higher and they end up in the hospital with DKA. Please call your doctor and start your insulin again! I want you to be able to have your surgery!

Hey I'm superrrrr excited but nervous my surgery is April 25 :) :) :)