Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have a question. I'm self pay. What happens if I have a hiatal hernia?? Do they remove it during surgery as part of the cost or is that an extra cost?? Does anyone know

I have a question. I'm self pay. What happens if I have a hiatal hernia?? Do they remove it during surgery as part of the cost or is that an extra cost?? Does anyone know

I was self pay and they fixed my hernia at no extra cost. You just have to ask them. They told me it was law that if there was a hernia they had to fix it.

I'm now close to home left the facility at 11:00 and almost home. Besides the port pain I'm doing good! However when I just woke up I had to cough and boy was that a mistake!!!! Ouch!!!!

thanks to everyone who said a pray for me! It all went well and no heital Hernia repair! Woot woot!

~Steph

I'm now close to home left the facility at 11:00 and almost home. Besides the port pain I'm doing good! However when I just woke up I had to cough and boy was that a mistake!!!! Ouch!!!!

thanks to everyone who said a pray for me! It all went well and no heital Hernia repair! Woot woot!

~Steph

Congratulations Steph!!! Let us know how you do.

Steph

WELL DONE YOU.

YAY Steph. Well done. Rest up - you are done! Xoxo

It seems like there's a large percentage of people that have a hiatal hernia fixed at the same time.. How do you know if you have one? What is it?

My pre-op diet starts tomorrow. Protein Shakes only. Rar! It's a little daunting but I'm kind of excited to challenge myself. :)

Hital Hernias can be diagnosed with an EGD. My insurance will not pay for the band but will pay for the hernia to be repaired. So my surgery will cost much less out of pocket. It is a protrusion of the stomach into the esophagus and is freq. found in overweight people. I can produce terrible reflux and heartburn especially if you lay down soon after eating. We tell these people to sleep with the head of the bed elevated and not to lay down 30-60 minutes after eating.

D

Good luck Kim. I hope everything goes smoothly for you.

BBB

Sharon

Thanks Sharon. So far so good no great pain this morning. Had the shoulder tip pain an sore back for some reason lol have to have placement of band checked this morning then good to go xo

~Steph

Glad all went well for you!!! I'm post op now also yippi all good so far.

Hi everyone have had my op, so far so good no great pain this morning. Had the shoulder tip pain an sore back for some reason lol have to have placement of band checked this morning. Then hopefully home time

Steph glad things went well for you today. LOL at the 6 month request...too funny! Hope you enjoyed the dinner!! Sounds yummy! I officially start pre-op tomorrow...so here I go! It will suck if the ins approval doesn't come through in time. lol Hope everything goes wonderfully tomorrow and you have a 5 star recovery!! Will be thinking of you!!

Judy - They were talking about starting a Facebook page with a different email so friends from here and those who know of your surgery are the only ones who can see it. I wouldn't use my current one since I've not told many people other than my best friends and some family.

Be careful with that pre-op diet, I was told to start before the approval and was on it 6 weeks. By time the surgery came, at the hospital I was dehydrated and my potassium was low. It was hard to find an IV site. Good luck. As for me I tell everyone I know because each insurance is different and I had UHC. Hope all goes well.

It seems like there's a large percentage of people that have a hiatal hernia fixed at the same time.. How do you know if you have one? What is it?

My pre-op diet starts tomorrow. Protein Shakes only. Rar! It's a little daunting but I'm kind of excited to challenge myself. :)

I did not know I had one, but Doc told my mom I did when I was in recovery. I did notice a burn up my esophagus, not sure if that was a sign. Good luck.

Tomorrow is MY day! I found out today that I am required to stay overnight. I have to report at 8 am tomorrow morning so we will leave here around 630. I am excited and nervous.

Tomorrow is MY day! I found out today that I am required to stay overnight. I have to report at 8 am tomorrow morning so we will leave here around 630. I am excited and nervous.

Im going tomorrow too...im soooooo anxious right now...can't wait for it to be over..good luck!