Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had to up my Protein. I am really not a big Breakfast person, so my doc has given me the okay to do a Protein Shake for breakfast, although I need to be on complete solids. I picked up a Body Fortress protein shake and it has 52 grams per scoop. I also take a protein shot that has 26 grams in it. That way between my solid food intake and these items they are helping me meet my protein requirements for the day. Thankfully my skin,nails and hair are hanging in there, for now I guess

did you buy the protein products online?? if you did, can you give me the address please?/ thanks

I had surgery 02/29. I am currently on stage 3 ( according to my instruction shert from dietician). I am on fork tender/ soft foods stage. I have things like tuna or chicken(canned) mixed with mayo and a little Pickle Juice ( can't have pickles yet). I still do some refried Beans with cheese melted on top also. Mostly I do Protein Shakes for breakfast, or yogurt and 1/2 cup of diced peaches. Yesterday I ate fome of my mom's yummy crockpot corned beef and cabbage. 1/2 cup of each item with msybe 1/4 cup of potato. Was very tender and drlicious. I haven't had any issues with anything yet, bit I sure have not been brave enough to try bread, but I think that can only be to my advantage. :0) That's carbs I don't need. My next appt ( for my first fill- if needed) is the first week of April. I am doing well with foods right now so my goal is to NOT need a fill yet. Even though I am doing well, my weight is at a stand stiill. I even gained a pound or two. ?? Don't get it. I am a weight watcher gal so I have not only been keeping up with my Protein count but have also been counting my points and I am not even getting all my points in. Maybe I am not eating enough. I will see how this week goes. Glad all is well with everyone. May we all have an awesome weight loss journey to getting healthy.

Today I go for my 4 week check up (banded 2/16) and hopefully for my first fill. I am down 30 lbs since Feb 2nd when I started my 2 week pre-op diet. I am eating every 4 hours but I am getting hungry after about 3 hours. I usually do 2 to 3 Protein Shakes a day. I hae found the best Protein shakes that taste so yummy and I am having a hard time letting them go. I was able to eat a small amount of salad the other night and it went down really well. I hope everyone else is doing good.

Sorry I took so long to respond to the snack question. For Snacks I usually eat things like half a banana, 1/4 cup of hummus with a few whole grain crackers, reduced fat mozzarella stick, small amount of yogurt with blueberries, cottage cheese, etc. I try to keep all my meals around 250 calories and snacks about 100. Going for my first fill this afternoon so hoping my appetite will be lessened.

Tomorrow I will be going to the fill station. Can't wait to see what they have to say. I didn't have a fill at my first appointment so it should be interesting. Also can't wait to update my ticker with my new weight loss. Hope everyone has a great week!

• Saw my doctor Thursday for first post op check...they were very disorganized. Doctor says my incisions are "angry"...no more washing my stomach for now. Down 16 pounds since surgery date (2/29/12). I am on regular foods, no issues yet. Next visit---first fill. :)

Had my first fill today, got 4 cc's and so far so good. I have to do Protein Shakes for 48 hours then work my way back up, mushies then soft foods. Wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. Looking forward to what the next month has in store for me.

I got my first one today too. Went from 2.6 to 3 cc. He obviously likes to go slow. Dont really notice anything so far. It went way more quickly than I thought it would.

I was so surprised at my first fill last week. She took the all of the saline out to measure it, to see what was in from surgery and there was already 5 CC's!! I think that was a lot to start out with.She added one so I have 6 total in a 10 cc band. I really did not think there was that much in there. Im doubtful that I will need a fill next month. I have lost 15 pounds since surgery on 2/15. I am hoping for another good month.

• Saw my doctor Thursday for first post op check...they were very disorganized. Doctor says my incisions are "angry"...no more washing my stomach for now. Down 16 pounds since surgery date (2/29/12). I am on regular foods, no issues yet. Next visit---first fill. :)

hydrogen peroxide is really good for wounds. we use it here all the time.

I am so jealous of all of you Febs that are getting fills! I had my surgery on the 20th and my doc says he likes to wait 90 days before the first one. Makes things very hard cuz the only thing controling how much I eat right now is ME!!!

I am so jealous of all of you Febs that are getting fills! I had my surgery on the 20th and my doc says he likes to wait 90 days before the first one. Makes things very hard cuz the only thing controling how much I eat right now is ME!!!

oh...i hear you......i wanna fill too !!!!

So I thought I was getting a fill this week then....one if my incinsions decided to open up and make a hole to drain. Now I have to wait 2 weeks to see if it heals then I can get a fill. I cant wait to get a fill and jump start my weight loss.

So excited to get my 1st fill on Tuesday so I can finally fill full and hopefully help me jump start my body back into losing weight

I get my first one tomorrow. You know, I'm kinda worried about being able to take my meds after that. Either way, I'm still excited.