Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Survived my first day on "mushies"...but just barely. I followed the Protein rules (egg, tuna, had some pureed fruit, yogurt) and felt so lethargic. I could not even gather enough energy to do any exercise that I had intended to do this afternoon. I got enough protein, but only felt better after a Protein Shake for dinner.

Has anyone else experienced this lack of energy when transitioning back to "real" food?

I don't have to cook for anyone but me, so that makes things a little easier. I was a regular at my favorite cupcake place. They expected me every week. They probably think I've died. I'm just taking it one day at a time. That's all I can do. In the meantime, I suck on sugare free fruit pops for dessert. You probably don't have a Trader Joe's where you live. They have a great sugar free low carb chocolate.< /p>

it is easier if you only have to cook for yourself, but ive been doing one thing for me and something else for hubbie for years now... so im used to it. So you had a favorite place where all those delicious cakes were sold?? its an easy habit to get into i reckon. no we dont have anything like Tader Joe's, i would be lucky to even find diabetic fruit pops here. im goingto have to start looking in the supermarket now and buy some items to put in the cupboard. hopefully next week i can do that. im not sure that they will even have much for me to buy.

i may be buying quite a few baby foods to start with.

i will have to resist the wonderful caramel fudge centred cadburys chocs that hubby bought so cheap.. lol. im finding i love to have it of a night, of all times. lol.

I started mushies on Thursday , to be honest , I actually felt a lot better! I think getting some solid Protein in was helpful... I had scrambled egg whites, cottage cheese, hummus, and tuna salad

Still eating everything in very small portions, sometimes can't finish all, but overall feeling really good

Survived my first day on "mushies"...but just barely. I followed the protein rules (egg, tuna, had some pureed fruit, yogurt) and felt so lethargic. I could not even gather enough energy to do any exercise that I had intended to do this afternoon. I got enough protein, but only felt better after a Protein Shake for dinner.

Has anyone else experienced this lack of energy when transitioning back to "real" food?

I have only 1 more day of the mushies and I have to say I survived...lol! My post appt is on Tuesday I am excited to see how I have healed and find out when I can hit the Y... got a membership I am paying for and not using ;)

I feel that I don't have too much restriction and it concerns me BUT I am making a big effort to control what I eat but I do find myself getting hungry. I am schd for a fill on 3/26 so I can't wait!

Hi everybody (-:

Banded 24/02/2012

Australia

2 weeks post op & i still dont have alot of energy. I have been doing too much & not resting enough & my port side is very sore ):

I am able too eat some normal foods now ... I have soft things like quiche etc if i have proper hunger pains but im still trying to srick too Soups & pureed fruit to aid healing & weightloss.

I have lost 8kgs & it feels really good to see results (-: i cant wait to go on a shopping spree when i get under 100kg which is my first goal !!

Im not having any depression anymore & feel really happy most of the time apart from when im really tired.... No energy ): im taking a liquid multi Vitamin with Iron, its called Accomin. It really seems to be helping. I was a little stressed yesterday as i hosted & massive baby shower at my house for my best friend ... I was so exhausted & needed to relax so i enjoyed my first post op "drink" !! It went down really well. I had a weak jack daniels with diet coke... Very enjoyable ! No more drinking for me for a while apart from any extra special occasion.

I hope everybody is doing ok ..

Thinking of you all

Xx

I started mushies on Thursday , to be honest , I actually felt a lot better! I think getting some solid Protein in was helpful... I had scrambled egg whites, cottage cheese, hummus, and tuna salad

Still eating everything in very small portions, sometimes can't finish all, but overall feeling really good

you mentioned that you had tuna salad?? did that include lettuce?? how did you find it?? my g.p. commented that lettuce might be a bit hard to swallow and digest.. i do love lettuce. i was wondering if i could break it down a bit in the blender.. so that its smaller portions.?

Hi everybody (-:

Banded 24/02/2012

Australia

2 weeks post op & i still dont have alot of energy. I have been doing too much & not resting enough & my port side is very sore ):

I am able too eat some normal foods now ... I have soft things like quiche etc if i have proper hunger pains but im still trying to srick too Soups & pureed fruit to aid healing & weightloss.

I have lost 8kgs & it feels really good to see results (-: i cant wait to go on a shopping spree when i get under 100kg which is my first goal !!

Im not having any depression anymore & feel really happy most of the time apart from when im really tired.... No energy ): im taking a liquid multi Vitamin with Iron, its called Accomin. It really seems to be helping. I was a little stressed yesterday as i hosted & massive baby shower at my house for my best friend ... I was so exhausted & needed to relax so i enjoyed my first post op "drink" !! It went down really well. I had a weak jack daniels with diet coke... Very enjoyable ! No more drinking for me for a while apart from any extra special occasion.

I hope everybody is doing ok ..

Thinking of you all

Xx

hi.. how neat that you are doing so well.. congratulations on your weight loss so far as well. im in australia as well. in Tasmania and i have surgery on the 22nd of march. did you have to do a pre op diet at all?? im just curious as i dont have to?? i have to lose about 90 lbs.. which is about 50 kilos.

I had surgery Feb. 21st. Down 14 lbs and started mushies this past week, but now I'm starving and I want to eat all day. I'm due for my first fill on March 23.

I had surgery Feb. 21st. Down 14 lbs and started mushies this past week' date=' but now I'm starving and I want to eat all day. I'm due for my first fill on March 23.[/quote']

I totally feel your pain.... My fill is tthe 26th.... :(

I totally feel your pain.... My fill is tthe 26th.... :(

Hey LuvBug!

I have some trouble with my postings on here...they all seemed to be layered one on top of another at my home computer but here at work, they are fine. Well how did your first day of real food go? I measured out a cup of chicken and brocoli cut up and I could only eat a half of that before my "lap band" kicked in and I hit the wall lol. My incisions are driving me batty with the itching which I know means they are healing but sheesh, enough already. Other than feeling tired, I have no pain, no mid back issues, no gas...nothing. I am going to bike week this Friday...my first test in the "real" world surrounded by bad food, too much booze and partying. Should be interesting lol. Have a great Monday and call me tomorrow when you see Dr. Dietrick. I don't go until this Thursday :(

Hey LuvBug!

I have some trouble with my postings on here...they all seemed to be layered one on top of another at my home computer but here at work' date=' they are fine. Well how did your first day of real food go? I measured out a cup of chicken and brocoli cut up and I could only eat a half of that before my "lap band" kicked in and I hit the wall lol. My incisions are driving me batty with the itching which I know means they are healing but sheesh, enough already. Other than feeling tired, I have no pain, no mid back issues, no gas...nothing. I am going to bike week this Friday...my first test in the "real" world surrounded by bad food, too much booze and partying. Should be interesting lol. Have a great Monday and call me tomorrow when you see Dr. Dietrick. I don't go until this Thursday :([/quote']

Good luck this weekend....i will also be tested as this weekend is my boys bday party and i have lots of yummy food to cook. Day 1 of foods was okay i also measured out my food but i was able to eat it all which worries me.. i have restriction but not as much as a think i should. I will text u after my appt tomorrow

I have found two really good cook books to help me learn what to eat through each stage of the lap band. They have really helped me.

1. Eating Well After Weight Loss Surgery: Over 140 Delicious Low-Fat High-Protein recipes to Enjoy in the Weeks, Months and Years After Surgery

2. recipes for Life After Weight-Loss Surgery, Revised and Updated: Delicious Dishes for Nourishing the New You and the Latest Information on Lower-BMI Gastric Banding Procedures .

I have found these to be most helpful.

I am hoping to get my first fill when I go back to the doctor next week on the 20th. He said he will see how I feel and we can go from there. Did anyone have to be on Clear liquids the day before the first fill?

I am a little over 3 weeks post op. I have my first fill on the 19th which I can't wait because I am experiencing hunger pains and alot of tummy growling. I am eating about every four hours but may have to go to every 3 hours. I am still on the mushy stage until Thursday of this week then I go to what my doctor calls the soft stage. I have been doing 3 Protein Shakes a day then a small meal like baked chicken or fish with a mushy veggie. I hope after the fill I don't feel this hungry and I hope I have some restrictions. Getting a little nervous here.....

Hey bandits

Bandid 24 feb 2012

Weightloss 8kg

Australia

Ok so I have the guilts big time ))):

I ate a cupcake !!! Why did i do it... ???

Has any one else slipped up with bad food yet?

Apart from that cup cake im still earing quiche & chewing really well, Optifast shakes are becoming my enemy but deep down i know they are my friend... Thays why i manage so swallow each awful mouth full.

Hope all are doing well !

My first fill is 26th. Cant wait coz i want more restriction so that i cant eat CUPCAKES !!!

Big love xxx

I was banded Feb. 16, 2012 and I have lost 20 lbs and I am so not motivated I eat three meals a day and do not snack I get so hungry between lunch and dinner. When I get hom from work I am so exhausted and have to force myself to workout and sometimes I just dont go hopefully after I get my first fill March 27 I will fill much better.