Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey bandits

Bandid 24 feb 2012

Weightloss 8kg

Australia

Ok so I have the guilts big time ))):

I ate a cupcake !!! Why did i do it... ???

Has any one else slipped up with bad food yet?

Apart from that cup cake im still earing quiche & chewing really well' date=' Optifast shakes are becoming my enemy but deep down i know they are my friend... Thays why i manage so swallow each awful mouth full.

Hope all are doing well !

My first fill is 26th. Cant wait coz i want more restriction so that i cant eat CUPCAKES !!!

Big love xxx

[/quote']

I've been dreaming about cupcakes and pizza. You're not alone. Don't let the guilt overwhelm you. It was a controlled deviation. Get back on track. I have a refrigerator full of Optifast shakes. I can't make myself drink another one.

I was banded Feb. 16, 2012 and I have lost 20 lbs and I am so not motivated I eat three meals a day and do not snack I get so hungry between lunch and dinner. When I get hom from work I am so exhausted and have to force myself to workout and sometimes I just dont go hopefully after I get my first fill March 27 I will fill much better.

You are really doing a great job...loosing 20 lbs in under a month is not slow weight loss!

I've been dreaming about cupcakes and pizza. You're not alone. Don't let the guilt overwhelm you. It was a controlled deviation. Get back on track. I have a refrigerator full of Optifast shakes. I can't make myself drink another one.

Ewww i just skulled a vanilla Optifast. They are so freakin disgusting !!!!! Why cant they taste good ???!!!

The chicken Soup one was really tasty in the beginning ...... But after 12 000 of them.... Not so nice & the thought of it makes me dry reach. I much prefer thinking about cupcakes & pizza ohhhh yummmmyyyy !!!!!!!

I made a big batch of chicken & corn Soup & pureed it.... Added lots of chicken stock to get a nice consistency. Its really nice. I froze it in small containers & i just have one every other day so that i dont get sick of it. I also stewed a bag of apples with 1 cinnamon quill & 2 cloves. pureed it down & its delicious too... I froze it in ice cube trays so i can just suck on a cube or defrost it whenever i feel like something sweet or need a natural energy boost.

Im 8kg down and i can see a change in my body shape already. My hips are more defined coz my waist has shrunk... & My undies are not as snug as usual. Seeing results makes swallowing optifast shakes just a tiny bit easier !

I was banded on Feb 20... And I've lost 33 pounds so far.. Should i be loosing that much wait or am i not eating enough.. I dont know at this point if i should be still on Soups or should i be eating solid food!! Any suggestions??

I need your help. I was banded on the 17th, and did really well with losing weight, and even managed to tolerate the Lo Carb SlimFast shakes pretty well. Went back to work after a full week off, slowed down my weight loss because I wasn't walking enough. Was still on mushies at the time.

Since then, I was moved to regular food, small bites, 1 cup max, 1/2 cup is to be Protein. That's all good, but my weight loss has seemed to stall. To make matters worse, I went on a business trip last week and did the ultimate bad - 2 yummy brownies!!!

I'm not feeling the sense of full like I'm supposed to, and even gained back 2 pounds - yikes!! So, my husband and I did a lot of walking this weekend, I went back to a Protein shake for Breakfast, and small portions. Any other suggestions? With daylight savings time, I will be able to get back to walking after work, anything else? I don't go back to the doctor until the 20th, and hopefully this will be my first fill.

Every doctor is a bit different; my meals can only be 5 oz; 3 of Protein and 2 oz of a Fiber carb.

You did not mention if you have had any fills to your band yet. Generally, if you are getting hungry, it is a sign that your band needs to be adjusted. How much would be your doctor's decision.

I have not had any fills yet, and am finding that I am getting hungry between my meals. I distract myself with sipping Water or chewing SF gum (be careful not to swallow it!).

I've found that the ultimate difference with loosing the weight and keeping it off is to exercise as much as you are realistically able to and not obsess about it. I was encouraged by the dietician to purchase a pedometer and track the number of steps I take daily...and steadily increase the number.

There are many ways to approach using the band, but I believe compliance with the recommended diet and exercise is the best way for me!

Good luck!!

I need your help. I was banded on the 17th, and did really well with losing weight, and even managed to tolerate the Lo Carb SlimFast shakes pretty well. Went back to work after a full week off, slowed down my weight loss because I wasn't walking enough. Was still on mushies at the time.

Since then, I was moved to regular food, small bites, 1 cup max, 1/2 cup is to be Protein. That's all good, but my weight loss has seemed to stall. To make matters worse, I went on a business trip last week and did the ultimate bad - 2 yummy brownies!!!

I'm not feeling the sense of full like I'm supposed to, and even gained back 2 pounds - yikes!! So, my husband and I did a lot of walking this weekend, I went back to a Protein Shake for Breakfast, and small portions. Any other suggestions? With daylight savings time, I will be able to get back to walking after work, anything else? I don't go back to the doctor until the 20th, and hopefully this will be my first fill.

Every doctor is a bit different; my meals can only be 5 oz; 3 of protein and 2 oz of a fiber carb.

You did not mention if you have had any fills to your band yet. Generally, if you are getting hungry, it is a sign that your band needs to be adjusted. How much would be your doctor's decision.

I have not had any fills yet, and am finding that I am getting hungry between my meals. I distract myself with sipping Water or chewing SF gum (be careful not to swallow it!).

I've found that the ultimate difference with loosing the weight and keeping it off is to exercise as much as you are realistically able to and not obsess about it. I was encouraged by the dietician to purchase a pedometer and track the number of steps I take daily...and steadily increase the number.

There are many ways to approach using the band, but I believe compliance with the recommended diet and exercise is the best way for me!

Good luck!!

I am a little over 3 weeks post op. I have my first fill on the 19th which I can't wait because I am experiencing hunger pains and alot of tummy growling. I am eating about every four hours but may have to go to every 3 hours. I am still on the mushy stage until Thursday of this week then I go to what my doctor calls the soft stage. I have been doing 3 Protein Shakes a day then a small meal like baked chicken or fish with a mushy veggie. I hope after the fill I don't feel this hungry and I hope I have some restrictions. Getting a little nervous here.....

I know how you feel myluv2drive my Dr tells me no Snacks in between meals but sometimes I just can't do. I do try but sometimes I just need a snack I get my 1st fill March 27

Its been forever since ive been on here's..both my dad and my daughter had emergency surgery over the last few weeks...I love reading about how my fellow february bandsters are doing...I was banded on the 17th and as of today ive lost 37 pounds...im blessed I guess because I dont get hungry between meals.I actually rately even get hungry.I have to remind myself to eat..im scheduled for my first fill next monday and honestly I dont think I need it...I did have lapband with plication so maybe thats why...I feel alot better physically thanks I did before surgery...good luck to all of us

I was banded on the 13th. Doing well. Going next Monday for my first adjustment.

Totally looking forward to it. I eat 3 meals a day about a cup each and have a couple of small Snacks in between. Was told to do that since I was getting hungry after a couple of hours. The one cup is filling and I couldn't eat more just wears off too fast is about how I could describe it. Need to work on going to the gym more for sure.

It is great to see that so many are doing so well.

I was banded on the 13th. Doing well. Going next Monday for my first adjustment.

Totally looking forward to it. I eat 3 meals a day about a cup each and have a couple of small Snacks in between. Was told to do that since I was getting hungry after a couple of hours. The one cup is filling and I couldn't eat more just wears off too fast is about how I could describe it. Need to work on going to the gym more for sure.

It is great to see that so many are doing so well.

were you banded in Feb...??

Yes should have put the month in. Was banded February 13th.

Its been forever since ive been on here's..both my dad and my daughter had emergency surgery over the last few weeks...I love reading about how my fellow february bandsters are doing...I was banded on the 17th and as of today ive lost 37 pounds...im blessed I guess because I dont get hungry between meals.I actually rately even get hungry.I have to remind myself to eat..im scheduled for my first fill next monday and honestly I dont think I need it...I did have lapband with plication so maybe thats why...I feel alot better physically thanks I did before surgery...good luck to all of us

I was also banded with plication on the 17th and I feel the same way. I eat 3 very small meals each day and am satisfied after eating. I go for my second appointment on the 26th. I don't have any Fluid in my band and don't feel that I need any.

Yeah I dont really want my fill either...I called about it and they said I still have to come in but if I dont want the fill and am still loosing weight and feeling full I dont have to have it...I was iffy about doing the plication but now im glad I did..

I know how you feel myluv2drive my Dr tells me no Snacks in between meals but sometimes I just can't do. I do try but sometimes I just need a snack I get my 1st fill March 27

Hey Erica, We had our surgery on the same day. Why are you having to wait until the 27th for your first fill? Just curious...I hope things get better for us soon.