Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey Erica' date=' We had our surgery on the same day. Why are you having to wait until the 27th for your first fill? Just curious...I hope things get better for us soon.[/quote']

Hey thank y myluv2drive that was just my Drs next available appointment after 6 weeks .If I may ask how much weight have u lost so far?

Hey everyone hope all my February bandsters are doing well!! I was banded on 2/23/12 I am down 24lbs I also had the plication. I do fine all day but seem to be snacking prior to dinner since I don't eat dinner till my hubby gets home @ 7pm. But I am home by 4 and eat lunch at 11:45. I am so scared To gain Any weight back. I thought the plication would keep my full and not allow me to be hungry. I am worried why I am hungry?? Maybe it's head hunger. I hope :/ Amy advice is appreciated. God luck to everyone keep up the hard work!! :)

Hey everyone hope all my February bandsters are doing well!! I was banded on 2/23/12 I am down 24lbs I also had the plication. I do fine all day but seem to be snacking prior to dinner since I don't eat dinner till my hubby gets home @ 7pm. But I am home by 4 and eat lunch at 11:45. I am so scared To gain Any weight back. I thought the plication would keep my full and not allow me to be hungry. I am worried why I am hungry?? Maybe it's head hunger. I hope :/ Amy advice is appreciated. God luck to everyone keep up the hard work!! :)

So nice to read a post from you...it's been awhile! You did not mention any recent appointments with your surgeon. From what I have read, hunger between meals means that the band is in need of adjustment.

I am just starting to get hungry, and that's the time I get a glass of the milk or cup of yogurt I am supposed to have 2 times a day. I don't see my surgeon until 3/29, and he has already told me that he will not be adjusting my band at that appointment. My band is still empty.

Great work so far...happy for both of us!

I was banded on 2/27 and I feel great. My issue now is that I am sick of Protein Shakes, pudding and yogurt. I have 2 more days of full liquids until I can start my mushies. I cannot wait to have a soft boiled egg ion Saturday!

Question, are there any moms out there? I think the worst part is making my family dinner and not being able to eat it! Although my reward came tonight when my 10 year old asked for yogurt instead of chips with her sandwich because, in her words, "that is the healthier option". Now I know what I am doing is worth it and I will succeed. Congrats to all of us!!

I am down 12 pounds and walking everyday.

I love this! My 14yr old daughter asked if she can have a smoothie for Breakfast before school now instead of toaster waffles! She says "I't so much better for me!"

Those tiny moments that make us proud! lol

So nice to read a post from you...it's been awhile! You did not mention any recent appointments with your surgeon. From what I have read' date=' hunger between meals means that the band is in need of adjustment.

I am just starting to get hungry, and that's the time I get a glass of the milk or cup of yogurt I am supposed to have 2 times a day. I don't see my surgeon until 3/29, and he has already told me that he will not be adjusting my band at that appointment. My band is still empty.

Great work so far...happy for both of us![/quote']

Sorry I haven't posted in a while just so busy lately it was like a mini vacay my surgery lol! So happy your doing good too!!!

I had my post-op on 3/8 when they informed me that I might never need a fill, which made me feel like then why did I go through with this?? Any how she claims some people have enough restriction with just the band in place. I go back to the dr on 3/23 hopefully I can get some answers on getting a fill. All day I am fine with my mini meals cause I am still on mushies. But in the afternoon I get so hungry. I need to keep the momentum going!! LET'S keep up this good work we are all doing, cheers to us all!!!

I love this! My 14yr old daughter asked if she can have a smoothie for breakfast before school now instead of toaster waffles! She says "I't so much better for me!"

Those tiny moments that make us proud! lol

My 4 yr old said to me while shopping mommy we don't need to get Oreo Cookies I know it hard for you to have bad stuff in our house. My heart melted. These kids absorb all that's going on around them. Yes we all did the right decision cause we did it for our children. For us to be here for them and in the mean time our household is getting a healthy turn around too!!! :)

So nice to read a post from you...it's been awhile! You did not mention any recent appointments with your surgeon. From what I have read, hunger between meals means that the band is in need of adjustment.

Great work so far...happy for both of us!

Another consideration is to be certain that you are meeting your Protein goals on a daily basis. If you don't have enough protein, you will get hungry much faster, and will slow your weight loss.

Today was my first day of the 2 week soft food diet!! I was so happy to have a scrambled egg and 2 oz of banana slices...talk about really appreciating the simple things in life! :)

MrsRicco80...Please see my post where I inadvertently did not quote your post!

Take care!

Hey thank y myluv2drive that was just mIy Drs next available appointment after 6 weeks .If I may ask how much weight have u lost so far?

You must have a busy doctor. That's a good thing. I have not weighed in 2 weeks but will be home tomorrow and will weigh then. The last time I weighed I had lost 25 lbs since I went on my pre-op diet. I feel like I have lost alot more but will find out soon. I seem to be doing good so far with the mushy stage foods and now I am going to soft food stage which really consist of about anything as long as it is healthy. How are you doing with foods?

Has anyone started solids? If so how did it go?

I was banded on 22 February. I had lost 17 pounds at my post-op appointment on 12 March. At that appointment, my doctor told me to start solids the next week (which is this week). I'm doing pretty good, as long as I chew things good. I had an incident with a tortilla the other day, but for the most part things are going down smooth. I haven't tried bread or Pasta, but a little bit of rice was fine. I also can't drink while I'm eating, which I guess is good since I'm not supposed to anyway, lol. I can only eat about a cup of food. I do get hungry quicker though. Not sure what causes that. I can't wait to get my first fill on 5 April and hopefully have some good restriction!

I was banded on the 13th. Doing well. Going next Monday for my first adjustment.

Totally looking forward to it. I eat 3 meals a day about a cup each and have a couple of small Snacks in between. Was told to do that since I was getting hungry after a couple of hours. The one cup is filling and I couldn't eat more just wears off too fast is about how I could describe it. Need to work on going to the gym more for sure.

It is great to see that so many are doing so well.

when you say snacks inbetween your meals, what sort of things are you eating??

i've been on solids for about 2 weeks...all has been going well...i am able to eat soft moist meats, fruits, and veggies...just nothing too fibrous...it seems weight loss has screeched to a crawl though:/ no gains yet...first fill on the 30th...

I just started solids last night.... I've been sticking to 2 oz of roast chicken and 1/4 cup of salad for now.. I get full just on that.. I've missed lunch today so I ate dinner at 5:30 pm today;eating the same thing and again I'm full.. I chew chew chew and that seems to really help, but I must say since I didn't have lunch today I ate really fast when I did it and ran into a little bit of nausea after, but that seems to be going away..

You must have a busy doctor. That's a good thing. I have not weighed in 2 weeks but will be home tomorrow and will weigh then. The last time I weighed I had lost 25 lbs since I went on my pre-op diet. I feel like I have lost alot more but will find out soon. I seem to be doing good so far with the mushy stage foods and now I am going to soft food stage which really consist of about anything as long as it is healthy. How are you doing with foods?

I have lost 22lbs so far it could be more I just have 2 get motivated in going 2 the gym and my Dr. didn't make me do a pre-op diet. I am mdoing pretty good with foods still on the mushy foods too