Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Bandsters!! How Ya Feeling??

Two full weeks today on liquid going from 800 calories down to 500 per day. no weight loss at 800, went to 700 lost .3oz, next day put on 1.6 lbs! Went down to 500 & NO lost. Okay I think I'm staying away from the scale, upping my calories back to 750-800, still walking 30 mins per day & to just relax! My stomach is still spasming daily, bathroom visits hardly ever. Waiting for some great stuff to happen soon! I quess we all just hang in there & know it will all get better soon!

I was banded Dec 22 and when I went to Dr on 29 I had lost 12lb. 25 total since being on lb diet. I had foot surgery 30 th so haven't wt'ed since but think I've lost more. I'm just starting to feel like I'm hugery. I had no appetite mostly I think due to pain Meds and antibiotics for foot. I had some shoulder pain a couple of days thank God its gone now.

Taking In between 1000 and 1200 calories and I have lost 24lbs sInce December 6th surgery.

I had my first fill a week and a half ago and can't wait for my second.

I had a family crisis two weeks ago that now has me in a depressiOn and eating bad bad things like chocolate. I'm starting back at the gym Monday to fight the depression and the bad eating. I'm having real difficulty coping with family events (brother in accident and has severe brain injury). I'm hoping some exercise endorphins will help.

I was banded Dec 27th I am doing ok one incision is infected but got my drugs lol. I lost 16 pounds I eat soft foods I can keep things down I chew things thoroughly I feel good an scared of failing but I have a good support group

Taking In between 1000 and 1200 calories and I have lost 24lbs sInce December 6th surgery.

I had a family crisis two weeks ago that now has me in a depressiOn and eating bad bad things like chocolate. I'm starting back at the gym Monday to fight the depression and the bad eating. I'm having real difficulty coping with family events (brother in accident and has severe brain injury). I'm hoping some exercise endorphins will help.

Really sorry to hear of the events in your families life right now, prayer is always first. Stay busy at the gym for it will do you good. Weight loss is great, I was banded on the 29th & still have only lost 11 lbs with 10 of it in the first week. Keep up the spirits :)

Had my surgery on Dec 19th. Last time I weighed myself I had lost 25lbs. For the most part I feel great! I have a little more energy and my clothes are looser. I will have to say, that the past few days, I've been really craving fruits and salad. Anyone else? Too bad, I'm just on mushies!! Good Luck to everyone and for those having difficulties you're in my prayers!

Well the test results are in... my surgeon said your primary doctor had extensive testing done on you... pretty much everything under the sun, and every single test came back NORMAL - the only thing they could find wrong was that I was severely dehydrated. Okay... I know what your thinking, we'll praise the Lord right? Of course I did, BUT I'm still having the pressure on the left side of my head. Guess what the doctor think it is? SINUS... can you believe it??? I said even though the sinus test came back normal, he said yes - we live in Cincinnati where most people have sinus problems (though I never had in the past) My dad agrees w/ the doctor as he has sinus problems and said yes, it's worse than a Migraine and yes you can fill it behind your left eye socket into your jaw line, left side of the back of my head, severe pressure and pain. Sooooo, even though I'm not totally convinced (yet) I am going to buy the sudifed and sinus rinse the doctor told me to get over the counter and see what happens. He didn't seem too concern that I'm still not able to eat really a lot of solid foods (surgery was Dec. 14th w/ 2 hernia repairs) liquids and mushy goes down okay but solids 90% of the time I throw back up. He said I'm still very swollen and says it's acting like a "fill" even though they took all of my fill out a week ago because I was severely dehydrated only drinking 4-6oz of liquid a day. Now I can definately get the Water in and my doc seemed pleased about that. He said your where most people want to be... he said don't worry, soon enough you'll be starving and eating everything in sight (as he didn't put my fill back in yet since the swelling is acting like a fill) So I just wanted to thank you all for the many prayers you said for me. I must admit, I was beginning to get VERY worried... crazy thoughts of what "could" be wrong were going thru my mind. Hopefully it is just sinus and I can clear it up soon. Doc did tell me I could start my daily walking of 30 mins. a day which he said would help w/ the swelling and said it would make me feel better.

How are you feeling today? Are you comfortable with what he said, or does your body tell you that something is still wrong? How is the sudafed working (try the 12-hr Wal-mart generic - its time release and won't make you so jittery)? I lived in Madison, IN (down the river from you) and I had allergies and sinus problems, but not usually in the winter.

Hersheys makes some sugar-free dark chocolate miniatures and WW allows a couple of pieces per day. They're in a small bag along with the regular chocolate and candy. I keep them in the frig and eat one when I HAVE to have chocolate. Jello also makes sugar-free puddings with only 70 calories and they have LOTS of different kinds of chocolate. And you can get sugar-free fudgesicles that are about 40 calories.

I may have an infection in two of my incisions, I will call my doctor in the morning per the more experienced Bandsters advice. Love this site, will let you know.

How are you feeling today? Are you comfortable with what he said, or does your body tell you that something is still wrong? How is the sudafed working (try the 12-hr Wal-mart generic - its time release and won't make you so jittery)? I lived in Madison, IN (down the river from you) and I had allergies and sinus problems, but not usually in the winter.

I've tried the sinus spray and sinus rinse but I'm still having the pain/pressure on the left side of my head, more so now if I lay on my left side - not as often through the day though. I still don't believe it's sinus. I still think it has something to do w/ lap band because if I tried to overeat I get the same pressure.

Hello,i too have suffered from intense sinus pressure and infections,until i started using a Netti pot.Once i started using the Netti pot on a regular basis i had no more issues.Wal-greens has individual packets of sinus wash for the pot.It works great! I highly recommend it.

Hello,i too have suffered from intense sinus pressure and infections,until i started using a Netti pot.Once i started using the Netti pot on a regular basis i had no more issues.Wal-greens has individual packets of sinus wash for the pot.It works great! I highly recommend it.

Hi Brent! I truly don't believe this is sinus related. They just can't find anything else and since I live in Cincinnati they are blaming it on sinus. But I will try that and see if it helps. Thanks for posting!

Still the same issue, 10lbs first week, battling 2lbs for the last two weeks. See the dr. tomorrow, & I'm really hoping that this does not continue. 500-800 calories per day & walking 5 days a week for half hour to go up/down over 2lbs! I'm sure when he starts the fills I'll still be only eating 500-800 calories a day. Sorry so down, but I could have done better on my old way of dieting. Hope something changes soon.

Still the same issue, 10lbs first week, battling 2lbs for the last two weeks. See the dr. tomorrow, & I'm really hoping that this does not continue. 500-800 calories per day & walking 5 days a week for half hour to go up/down over 2lbs! I'm sure when he starts the fills I'll still be only eating 500-800 calories a day. Sorry so down, but I could have done better on my old way of dieting. Hope something changes soon.

maybe but it was a diet not a life style change. Remember we loose slower with the band but we keep it off! Hang in there.

maybe but it was a diet not a life style change. Remember we loose slower with the band but we keep it off! Hang in there.