Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Six Years Later....loving My Lap Band

Thank you for your post. It is very encouraging to me as I am only 16 months out and have lost 139lbs and still have 25lbs to go. It is good to hear from people with long term success as that is my goal. Congrats on your fabulous journey and thanks again for sharing it!

Yes, thanks for your story. You told it well. My experiences are basically the same but I am only 2.5 years out. I love my life and my band.

Very cool - Going to be a long road - but I am so happy to hear how much you enjoy it. I am 49 years old and really looking forward to the whole sitting comfortable in an airline seat thing! I can't look at someone in the eye when I go to sit next to them...I just know they are cursing their misfortune!

Thank you for sharing Chris.

cheri

Chris,

your post was incredible articulate, and I can relate to so much of it. I'm just 3.5 years out and I intend to have this band continue to help me maintain my weight for years to come.

I hope every bandster reads your post.

thank you for sharing your wonderful story! it is so good to hear from someone with history.

love that you haven't forgotten where you came from!

Your story is very inspirational, but I don't see any pics of you. I'm a "show me" type person!! I HAVE TO SEE IT TO BELIEVE IT!!!

I agree with Mrsbrown! Lets see your pix!!!!!!!!!!!! Soo interested!! 001_tt2.gif

I so needed to read your story at this time! I've been stalled for a while, but I try to keep looking ahead and staying positive. I think it will take me a full 2 years to hit my goal, so it's nice to hear from someone who did it the same way. Thanks for sharing!

I haven't checked in for a while and your story was very inspirational. I was banded March 22, 2011, I weighed 233 on my surgery day and I now weigh 161. I love my band and I am so glad to know that it's possible to maintain this lifestyle. If you are still doing it 6 yrs out I know I can. You are very inspiring!!!

WOW 6 years! I'm 4 years and love it! People do not realize that it takes hard work after the first 50lbs. Nurses tell me all the time wow you lost 130 lbs...."that just does not happen with lap band" they tell me. It is not a quick fix or miracle but with work you can do it. The one thing I noticed is I was so ready to lose weight but once it was gone it was difficult. I was fat and yes i use the word fat because I was. One day at work I walk by a full length mirror and just start crying and crying..... the fat girl was gone and I missed her. Not today I'm glad she is gone but when you are fat all your life that is who you are and it is difficult to let go. Still today I miss her a little but love my size 7 jeans!

I'm just 3 years post banding. I have lost 9 stone (154lbs) and am very happy. It's not an easy fix, it's hard work but so worthwhile. It's do nice to be connected to others who have been through the same as me. Am I the only person from England on here?? Be interesting to see how treatment differs.

Thanks for sharing, really enjoyed reading your post!

4 years later I have kept off 125 pounds.it was easy in the beginning and getting harder but I will do anything to keep it off including daily exercise and a low calorie diet most days. I will never go back to my former weight.