Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any July 2011 Bandsters?

I'm scheduled for July 19 and pretty excited and nervous of changing my entire life!!! :blink:

Welcome Anjiie, TWILLED, and JulieB0802!

How is everyone doing on their pre-op diets? I keep cheating :(

Here is our updated list.

No date yet: kychick1294, 30Something (JeVona), nickieredd79

June 27:pkjjm31049

June 30: Nechama L

July 1: jenjaw, nancy2011, amjcal, Tracy N, xlstan, Wendy Muehleisen, ahassan, KevinM, Banded Karebear, lifeisjustbeginning2011 (Amy)

July 5: AlyGurl (Aly), MassMom01527 (Steph), Allison0927, Harvest Farmer, wannabe21bmi (Kate), Kim from CT, blackmajyk, Xtinabrown13, Ecinaj, Wanttobeskinny22

July 6: lizzy21050, crash878905, Lorelei, Kimiky, Diana1980

July 7: nesportsfan, hokdo, songbird5769, Short and Chunky, LisaB68, pinktink, dare2bthin

July 11: dixiechick, honeybunny, Jessica43082, hlong1985, Breezybbyy, BANDme_LUV, jengy, leemuise

July 12: BandedApril (April), merlina, mfrancis, Kay Adams

July 13: CurlyDiva, Tammy A, Lisa_MC, Ginasjmm4, JulieB0802

July 14: crystalddm, BandItOrLoseIt, MassMommyRebecca, schmidty42, NewCruiseGirl2011, Denise'sjourney, Meerkat135, dmhanaphy (Dawn Marie)

July 15: Shauna Deanne, Corize, JohnnyBoy, Labella624, Moe-Moe

July 18: Colee85, Bandmebaby!, ANewMe63

July 19: Mrs. Schultz, karmaandkismet, Anjiie

July 20: Carmen16

July 21: NomersCat, Coco's mum, Rock4Light401, TWILLED

July 22: razzcat, Kgirl1960 (Kristy), BamaBrandy

July 25: cat lady, dropsizes (Mary)

July 26: Serifa

July 27: Healthy4Ever

July 28: Erica Pizzi, whitetiger011680

July 29: ButterflyM, PungosMama

I keep cheating two, I think when we all try to cheat next week we are going to be in nothing but agony as a result.

I am going to have a cheat free day. Its liquids or nothing...... Anyone else. I can't believe I have three whole days left,

Good luck to everyone who is being banded today.:lol:

Dawn Marie

Welcome Anjiie, TWILLED, and JulieB0802!

How is everyone doing on their pre-op diets? I keep cheating :(

Here is our updated list.

No date yet: kychick1294, 30Something (JeVona), nickieredd79

June 27:pkjjm31049

June 30: Nechama L

July 1: jenjaw, nancy2011, amjcal, Tracy N, xlstan, Wendy Muehleisen, ahassan, KevinM, Banded Karebear, lifeisjustbeginning2011 (Amy)

July 5: AlyGurl (Aly), MassMom01527 (Steph), Allison0927, Harvest Farmer, wannabe21bmi (Kate), Kim from CT, blackmajyk, Xtinabrown13, Ecinaj, Wanttobeskinny22

July 6: lizzy21050, crash878905, Lorelei, Kimiky, Diana1980

July 7: nesportsfan, hokdo, songbird5769, Short and Chunky, LisaB68, pinktink, dare2bthin

July 11: dixiechick, honeybunny, Jessica43082, hlong1985, Breezybbyy, BANDme_LUV, jengy, leemuise

July 12: BandedApril (April), merlina, mfrancis, Kay Adams

July 13: CurlyDiva, Tammy A, Lisa_MC, Ginasjmm4, JulieB0802

July 14: crystalddm, BandItOrLoseIt, MassMommyRebecca, schmidty42, NewCruiseGirl2011, Denise'sjourney, Meerkat135, dmhanaphy (Dawn Marie)

July 15: Shauna Deanne, Corize, JohnnyBoy, Labella624, Moe-Moe

July 18: Colee85, Bandmebaby!, ANewMe63

July 19: Mrs. Schultz, karmaandkismet, Anjiie

July 20: Carmen16

July 21: NomersCat, Coco's mum, Rock4Light401, TWILLED

July 22: razzcat, Kgirl1960 (Kristy), BamaBrandy

July 25: cat lady, dropsizes (Mary)

July 26: Serifa

July 27: Healthy4Ever

July 28: Erica Pizzi, whitetiger011680

July 29: ButterflyM, PungosMama

I hope you are all going wonderfully! Bandland is tough but worth it! Any issues with pre-op?

I leave for the hospital in three hours. Eegads. Can't believe I'm finally here. Besides a nervous stomach and breath, I'm doing fairly well. I just re-read the manual from the doc's office for the hundredth time and discovered that they will be catheterizing me. :o Seriously? Have others had this? Any alternatives?

I hope you are all going wonderfully! Bandland is tough but worth it! Any issues with pre-op?

Hey! I read that you liked your Protein Shakes an that they were inexpensive.... What were/are you drinking? Thanks!

I am finding I really like my Protein shakes (and the fact that they only cost $2 each doesnt hurt!) For those doing shakes, what kind are you having and are you mixing it yourself or getting the already made ones?

This has been a long and rough two week pre-op...did really good the first seven days, then the 4th of July came. Couldn't resist a little BBQ. Then back on, tried to focus; only had one slip up. Then this past weekend we went to Alabama for a family reunion. You can't even begin to imagine how incredibly hard it was to sit at a table watching all your family eat ALL the wonderful homecooked food you know tastes amazing, while I drank my shake and ate a bowl of plain steamed broccoli and mushrooms (thanks to my cousin who is a bariatric surgery alum and looked out for me). OMG that was the test of all test. Then after the 14.5 hour drive back to Chicago my boyfriend orders pizza for him and the kids for dinner. I don't blame him...he was tired and didn't feel like cooking. I was doing fine with the smells for about the first 30 minutes then I started to feel weak. I decided, I didn't care that it was only 7:30, I was going to bed because I knew if I didn't I would succumb to the bacon and cheese pizza sitting in the kitchen. Woke up this morning and very happy that I didn't cheat. Surgery is Wednesday and I can get there.

Hope everyone else is doing well on their pre-op. I know it's hard, but it's hard for a reason. Best of luck to today's banders!

Tammy

Lol, I've been cheating and my surgery is in a week, but this week I promised to put it all in and drink my liquids and hopefully lose that 10 pds the doctor wanted me too!!!

Day 13 of Pre-Op Diet and I have lost around 10 lbs!!! Being banded on 07/14 and cannot wait.

I'm sending positive vibes to everyone -- there has been some doubt and negtativity on the forum and I am trying to pump it up a notch!

I struggled with weight my whole life and am looking forward to have a tool that I carry with me everywhere to overcome this, who is with me??

I am going to a support group meeting tonight at my surgeon's office and am looking forward to that. He will ahve me on "Eating for Life" within 3 - 4 weeks of surgery and plan to be a model patient. Get it model!! Not like a real model, but a good patient. This is worth it.

Hi, Jengy! You probably won't even be aware of the catherization--they'll almost certainly do it after you're anesthetized and remove it before you wake up.

I leave for the hospital in three hours. Eegads. Can't believe I'm finally here. Besides a nervous stomach and breath, I'm doing fairly well. I just re-read the manual from the doc's office for the hundredth time and discovered that they will be catheterizing me. :o Seriously? Have others had this? Any alternatives?

Awwww. You'll be okay! I didn't get a cath, I wore an underwear diaper thingie! LMAO. I was like, "Do I have to wear this?" :) Apparently quite a few people lose control of their bladders during surgery. I'm happy to report that there was no pee in my diaper post op. So nah nah, nurses! hehehe

That is awesome that you resisted the pizza! I know it must have been very hard, especially after a weekend filled with temptations. My husband is out of town and my stepdaughter is off at Universal Studios, my boys are at their dad's. So for the next couple of days I don't have anybody running around with yummy food in my face. I'm on day 6 of my pre-op diet and for some reason it seems harder right now than the first couple of days as far as hunger goes. Hang in there. We have each other on the forums here to help us get through.

I didn't get a catheter, they just had me use the bathroom before we went to OR. Natural to be nervous but it will pay off.

Guest Rock4Light401

Hello everyone,

I am on day 2 of my pre op diet and boy am I hungry! My last meal was a delicious vegetarian lasagne and ice cream. Sunday i started drinking and only consumed a Powerade Zero (gross), a fruit 2o, and a cup of broth. Today so far another Powerade Zero (still gross), a cup of coffee (dark and no sugar), and a small greek yogurt. My date is 7/21 and my surgeon requires 10 days. I know i can do it but boy do i hate it. I do not want to cheat but im dreaming of anything but liquid!