Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any July 2011 Bandsters?

Hi all, Banded on 7/7 too and am back to work today....96 degrees and our airconditioning isn't working... Thank god I'm only working a half day. Gas pains are still here, but gone in my shoulder...so thats great. I walked for 30 minutes yesterday in the early morning and again late evening and that helps sooo much. Someone mentioned in an earlier post that she was super conscious to walk with her diaphram lifted, with very straight posture...That is an AWESOME Suggestion...It really gets the gas moving and allows you to burp.

My incisions are healing and itchy...but that is to be expected. And I'm not hungry yet...still on a completely clear diet for another 2 days, than I can move on to full liquids. All in all sounds like the 7/7 banders are all pretty similar in their progress.

Keep up the good work pre opers' it can get tough...but just keep counting down the days...give your self a pat on the back for each day you get closer to the prize.

Big day coming up... 7/14... band + plication + gallbladder removal all in one surgery.. Being nervous is normal I suppose! I'm on my first day of the 2-day pre-op clear liquid diet. Have lost 14+ lbs since my first pre-op appointment on 5/24 by only cutting carbs really--nothing else, just cutting carbs down to 30 grams per day at most. I am nervous about the lever being too big God forbid. The doc scared the crap out of us and showed some gruesome pictures of the past patient whose liver was too big and caused complications. The blood work doesn't show sign of fatty lever (used to big time back in '07). Wife and I are confident that since we followed the diet religiously and got the lbs down, that I should be OK. Let's hope so! Oh did I mention I'm nervous?! :)

You're having your lapband AND your gallbladder out at the same time. Your motto must be "Go big or go home"! I wish you all the luck in the world. My surgery is the 19th and I'm nervous but I'm trying not to think about it too much right now. I'm sure everything will go fine for you. Of course, you probably won't be able to go to the midnight showing of Harry Potter, but that's how it goes sometimes.

Post-op appointment went fine today. Spent about 30 minutes talking to the nutritionist, saw the surgeon to show off my incisions, had a barium swallow to make sure the band was placed correctly and there were no holes, all good news. I got a little gift package thing that has a 1 minute timer, measuring cups and a DVD to watch. There's also a post-op literature packet from lapband with an emergency card to put a wallet. All of my steri-strips are off now, but man is the skin irritated where the adhesive was - and super itchy.

I'll post some pictures on my blog. I asked for my own picture of the lapband inside of me and the doc happily printed out an extra for me. I'll put that on the blog, too.

Amy

Going to the hospital today for my pre-op blood work. Hoping to see a drop on the scale while I'm there. Excitedly awaiting surgery on the 28th. :D

So much has gone on this week...we had a freak storm come through Monday morning and we have been without power since Monday morning. Thought my surgery would be cancelled, but that area of Chicago still has power. Pre-op diet day 10-14 went like a charm; had a hard time getting four shakes down a day. Usually three was all I could take.

Getting ready to leave for the hospital in about 15 minutes. Not really nervous; ready to get it done. Will have one overnight in the hospital and then home some time tomorrow. Hopefully the power will be back on.

Best of luck to my fellow July 13th banders. I am with you in thought and prayers.

To all the July banders still on pre-op...hang in there. You got this!

All my love,

Tammy

Guest Rock4Light401

4 days into my pre op diet. Warm buttery mashed potatoes please...ughhh

Just got my date!!! I'm SO excited to be getting my band July 26th. Just started my liquid diet using my Doctor's recommended brand "Bariatric Advantage" It tastes like crap, but whatever, I just feel privileged to be in this position. :D

WOOOOHOOOO!

Hi MustangMama,

My surgery is also on the 26th. So very excited! I'm on my pre-op, but it's a modified Adkins. Strange how doctor's have different guidelines. After surgery, I am going to be 7 days Clear Liquids, 7 days full, liquids, 2 week mush. And I can't wait!

Serifa

YAY!!! We'll be band Twinkies Serifa! :D I have to do 12 days of liquids... then the day before surgery clear liquids, then 2 weeks of liquids post op. I wish I could do modified atkins... but I won't be complaining, I'm just so thrilled to see my surgery date circled on the calendar. :D

Surgery tomorrow morning at 9 a.m. So very excited.

Hey everyone!!! Just checking in to let everyone know the surgery went great! I've been walking like a mad woman, but the gas pain is still kicking my butt! Not too much pain at the incision sites, really only the gas, and gas x isn't helping :-( will post my surgery say story tomorrow!

Hope all of my fellow 7-13 followers are doing well!

Best of luck CruiseGirl!

Here is our updated list - a whole bunch of people being banded tomorrow!:

No date yet: kychick1294, 30Something (JeVona), nickieredd79

June 27:pkjjm31049

June 30: Nechama L

July 1: jenjaw, nancy2011, amjcal, Tracy N, xlstan, Wendy Muehleisen, ahassan, KevinM, Banded Karebear, lifeisjustbeginning2011 (Amy)

July 5: AlyGurl (Aly), MassMom01527 (Steph), Allison0927, Harvest Farmer, wannabe21bmi (Kate), Kim from CT, blackmajyk, Xtinabrown13,

Ecinaj, Wanttobeskinny22

July 6: lizzy21050, crash878905, Lorelei, Kimiky, Diana1980

July 7: nesportsfan, hokdo, songbird5769, Short and Chunky, LisaB68, pinktink, dare2bthin

July 11: dixiechick, honeybunny, Jessica43082, hlong1985, Breezybbyy, BANDme_LUV, jengy, leemuise

July 12: BandedApril (April), merlina, mfrancis, Kay Adams

July 13: CurlyDiva, Tammy A, Lisa_MC, Ginasjmm4, JulieB0802

July 14: crystalddm, BandItOrLoseIt, MassMommyRebecca, schmidty42, NewCruiseGirl2011, Denise'sjourney, Meerkat135, dmhanaphy (Dawn Marie)

July 15: Shauna Deanne, Corize, JohnnyBoy, Labella624, Moe-Moe

July 18: Colee85, Bandmebaby!, ANewMe63

July 19: Mrs. Schultz, karmaandkismet, Anjiie

July 20: Carmen16

July 21: NomersCat, Coco's mum, Rock4Light401, TWILLED

July 22: razzcat, Kgirl1960 (Kristy), BamaBrandy

July 25: cat lady, dropsizes (Mary)

July 26: Serifa, MustangMama

July 27: Healthy4Ever

July 28: Erica Pizzi, whitetiger011680

July 29: ButterflyM, PungosMama