Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any July 2011 Bandsters?

I know I'm suppose to post on the "other side" however I wanted to pop back in and wish today's banders the best of luck! Hang in there afterwards...it's going to be rough for a couple of days. Drink lots of fluids, take your pain meds and rest. I know it will feel like you are resting 24/7, but your body needs it to heal. I'm six days out from mine and I can't begin to tell you what a difference each day out makes. I've been off pain meds for three days, made it all day yesterday without a nap and haven't been hungry. Having to make myself eat. Can't even eat all that I am suppose to yet.

Just know you have a lot of support here whenever you need it. Looking forward to seeing all of you on the Post-band side!

Tammy

Great to hear Tammy.....continued good luck with your band. I'm having mine done next Monday....1 week away. I can't believe it. Very nervous and scared but also excited. Hope all goes well for me as most of you have reported. Thanks for your update. CAT

Any suggestions for frozen yogurt that is both Fat Free & sugar free? Cant seem to find it in the supermarket or Walmart. Just starting my 7 day pre op diet today.......hope I can do this. CAT

One more week to go, and I'm getting so freakin excited!!!!! I was just looking at the before and after pics on another thread. I know there is a lot of hard work ahead of me but at least I'll have a fighting chance now!!!

Good luck to everyone going in today!

I'm SO with you on this! The excitement is beginning to build. I'm settling into the liquid diet getting used to it now but I think I am about to ditch the stuff my doc recommended (Bariatric Advantage UGH :P ) and go see if I can find something a little more palatable. I have my visit with the Nutritionist and Shrink today... and tomorrow I have all my pre-op appts. Then it will be smooth sailing til next Tuesday! WOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOO! :D

Guest Rock4Light401

9 days down, 3 days to go on the liquid diet. So much temptation! I went and found some miso Soup broth at Whole Foods....i walked by the hot prepared foods and almost dived in head first. I do not know if I mentioned it before but I am a vegetarian and all the vegetable based broths are so high in sodium. I'm surprised that i have not succumbed to the deliciousness of mashed potatoes yet. Just the broth, 0% greek yogurt, and let me tell you....Jello Temptations (the 60 calorie ones) are next to godliness. I have not weighed myself yet but am very curious where i stand. I have been getting some cold feet though. Thinking i can do this without surgery, that the 5 pounds of month is insignificant, all sorts of things. I had some good friends put me in check though. Its the fear of the surgery that is making me behave so well. I would be right back in the loop of poor eating, overeating, ect ect. I am over excited to get this over with on Thursday but I will probably have to be pried out of my car! Congratulations to everyone who has been banded this month, Good luck to everyone who is getting banded, and boy.....do i want some mashed potatoes

Rock... look at it this way: You have given in to food for far too long, making it so important.... that it was worth losing your health over. Now is your chance to take your body back. Don't let fear of change ruin what could be one of the most empowering decisions of your life. You are strong... you can do this.

Hi there my surgery date is July 28th, I am Sheryl and my e-mail is sheryl52@mindspring.com if you want to keep chatting. I am 59 and very nervous too, I am doing this because of pre-diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol and also back pains.

am doing all my pre-ops right now, am having the surgery thru insurance in Beverly Hills.

how bout you?

love to keep in touch and support each other.

Sheryl

Hi all 7/11 bandsters.....I have a date of July 25th. Excited and nervous. I'm much older than most on this site and have researched this for over a year and think it will help me with my blood pressure and knee problems and back issues too. Hope so. A little nervous reading some complications on this site about auto-immune disease after being banded but my doctor assured me there is no connection with the two. Also emailed Allergan who makes the band and will read all the stats. I think I'm over thinking this band ..... I hope I can just relax and enjoy it. Good Luck to all.

hey wonderful people...

Im finally banded, its been a day n around 8 hrs now... the 1st day has been a little tough.. everythg was fine wn i was laying down but when i started getting out of bed it was pretty tough for the 1st 3 times... the pain was ok, but had very bad nausea,,, till the doctor prescribed me a suppository for the nausea which made it much better so i can make it thro the trip to my place...

Ppl here mentioned taking a pillow to hold to my tummy in the car, which was really helpful ... I really recommend it...

till a few hours ago i had only sipped Water... the I ha 1/4 a cup of broth, which felt really good... im also having some juice now,,, really really slowly :)

Every time I sleep I wake up much better thank God, and Im waiting for the first 48 hrs to pass as the ladies have said it gets much better...

thank u Shauna for ur wishes :)

Im sending happy thoughts to all the banders to be... wish u all the best and c u on the other side :)

Hey Shauna - I mentioned you in my blog today! <wink> :) Hope you're doing well!

Hi there my surgery date is July 28th, I am Sheryl and my e-mail is sheryl52@mindspring.com if you want to keep chatting. I am 59 and very nervous too, I am doing this because of pre-diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol and also back pains.

am doing all my pre-ops right now, am having the surgery thru insurance in Beverly Hills.

how bout you?

love to keep in touch and support each other.

Sheryl

Hi Sheryl: My date is July 25th......can't believe its so close. Got my head into this now and want it to come quickly.....no turning back now.

Will keep in touch. Started my one week pre op diet today. Not so bad so far. CAT (Chris)

Frustration! Ahhh. I'm 17 days post op, within 10 days after surgery I dropped 20 lbs,I also went in for my first checkup, while there I talked to my dr about not being able to drink 3 Meal Replacements a day, she told me I needed to have at least 60 grams of Protein and 600-800 calories a day so she wanted me to incorporate mushy foods already. Now I feel like I'm eating even tho I'm not really hungry just to meet the numbers, not serving sizes but the times I eat a day. Since then I haven't lost any more weight but I have actually gained 2 pounds which on some days I lose and then some days it comes back like a teeter totter, right now I'm 243 lowest was 242 goes up to 245. I'm trying to remain positive and motivated because I really want this and to do it right and to top it off we did full pay, but it gets me down sometimes, I don't know what I'm doing wrong and this is still so new I'm not sure if this is normal or somethings got to change. The band is really helping me with not being hungry and the way I think about and eat food now is wayyyyyy different, 600-800 calories is what I used to eat in a snack and that's what I'm having all day now, I'm walking and feeling more active but still not losing weight....ughhhhh what gives? Anyone???!?!!?

My doctor said not to worry about losing weight until after my first fill. I too am having a hard time getting in all the Protein we are suppose to have daily. Keeping hydrated, but not getting my nutrients. Our body needs the protein to heal itself.

Keep you head up and don't worry too much about the scale until after your first fill. You made the right choice to be healthy. We didn't get to this point overnight and we won't meet our goal overnight either.

Here for you!

Tammy

Hey Shauna - I mentioned you in my blog today! <wink> :) Hope you're doing well!

Cool! Like your bead idea!

Welcome Sheryl! Tomorrow peeps are Mrs. Schultz, karmaandkismet, Anjiie, teacherz...best of luck guys!

No date yet: 30Something (JeVona), nickieredd79

June 27:pkjjm31049

June 30: Nechama L

July 1: jenjaw, nancy2011, amjcal, Tracy N, xlstan, Wendy Muehleisen, ahassan, KevinM, Banded Karebear, lifeisjustbeginning2011 (Amy)

July 5: AlyGurl (Aly), MassMom01527 (Steph), Allison0927, Harvest Farmer, wannabe21bmi (Kate), Kim from CT, blackmajyk, Xtinabrown13, Ecinaj, Wanttobeskinny22

July 6: lizzy21050, crash878905, Lorelei, Kimiky, Diana1980

July 7: nesportsfan, hokdo, songbird5769, Short and Chunky, LisaB68, pinktink, dare2bthin

July 11: dixiechick, honeybunny, Jessica43082, hlong1985, Breezybbyy, BANDme_LUV, jengy, leemuise

July 12: BandedApril (April), merlina, mfrancis, Kay Adams

July 13: CurlyDiva, Tammy A, Lisa_MC, Ginasjmm4, JulieB0802

July 14: crystalddm, BandItOrLoseIt, MassMommyRebecca, schmidty42, NewCruiseGirl2011, Denise'sjourney, Meerkat135, dmhanaphy (Dawn Marie)

July 15: Shauna Deanne, Corize, JohnnyBoy, Labella624, Moe-Moe

July 17: Nouzi

July 18: Colee85, Bandmebaby!, ANewMe63

July 19: Mrs. Schultz, karmaandkismet, Anjiie, teacherz

July 20: Carmen16

July 21: NomersCat, Coco's mum, Rock4Light401, TWILLED

July 22: razzcat, Kgirl1960 (Kristy), BamaBrandy

July 25: cat lady, dropsizes (Mary)

July 26: Serifa, MustangMama

July 27: Healthy4Ever

July 28: Erica Pizzi, whitetiger011680, sherylb

July 29: ButterflyM, PungosMama, kychick1294

Shauna ~ so glad you're doing well enough to post :) Now that I'm getting close to Betty the Lapband's Birthday (this Thr) I can't find the bring to hospital list and after hospital list .... do you still have it? Why oh why didn't I mark that post when you posted it? Thanks !! (No biggie if you can't find it). Have a wonderful evening !

There's 2 schools of thought here...one says, just wait a week or two, and the numbers will start coming down again (you are on a mini-plateau). The second one says your body thinks it's starving with so few calories and isn't letting go of the weight for that reason. In which case, you should temporarily UP your calories (say to 1000+ a day) for a few days to see if that fixes it.

I can't tell you which one of these is right, but those are your options.

Shauna

Frustration! Ahhh. I'm 17 days post op, within 10 days after surgery I dropped 20 lbs,I also went in for my first checkup, while there I talked to my dr about not being able to drink 3 meal replacements a day, she told me I needed to have at least 60 grams of Protein and 600-800 calories a day so she wanted me to incorporate mushy foods already. Now I feel like I'm eating even tho I'm not really hungry just to meet the numbers, not serving sizes but the times I eat a day. Since then I haven't lost any more weight but I have actually gained 2 pounds which on some days I lose and then some days it comes back like a teeter totter, right now I'm 243 lowest was 242 goes up to 245. I'm trying to remain positive and motivated because I really want this and to do it right and to top it off we did full pay, but it gets me down sometimes, I don't know what I'm doing wrong and this is still so new I'm not sure if this is normal or somethings got to change. The band is really helping me with not being hungry and the way I think about and eat food now is wayyyyyy different, 600-800 calories is what I used to eat in a snack and that's what I'm having all day now, I'm walking and feeling more active but still not losing weight....ughhhhh what gives? Anyone???!?!!?

I GOT A SURGERY DATE!!!!! JULY 27TH. @ 9:30am!!!! YEAH!!!!